Masters Running

Saturdaily, 7.21.18 (Read 43 times)

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, ran the entire Mall this morning--up 7th street from the hotel, then to the Capital, then to the Lincoln Memorial, then back to the hotel.  Just under 6 miles at just over a 9 min pace.  More importantly, knee felt pretty good.

After that, walked to class at Ft. McNair.  We worked a half day today.  I mentioned the scenario we are working on....it's in the Baltic region.  Today, each of the 12 different seminars briefed another seminar.  I was one of our briefers and we briefed the seminar that includes an international student....from Sweden's National Defense University.  It went well, including the question and answer period.  Tomorrow is our only scheduled "completely off" day.  But they offer an opportunity for a guided tour of Gettysburg National Battlefield.  Looking forward to that.  Later this coming week (Wednesday) we will be given a tour of the Lincoln courtroom.  The court martials for the alleged conspirators took place in this room.  Even as the building was improved, the courtroom has remained preserved.  Not open for tours, this is one of the perks of this class for a reservist.

Evanflein, good luck tomorrow!  Hopefully it won't be too hot.  I ran it in 2012.  I don't remember if it was hot or cold that day.  While we were there we had highs in the low 90s on some days and some days where it barely cleared 60.  Think it was partly to mostly cloudy.  I got some great pics in that race.  If I ever learn how to post them I will.

Tet, I'm not a good swimmer (but I'm a very good "not drowner."  Definite open water swim anxiety also.  I've found (by accident) that coming up with some sort of mantra and repeating it in my head helped me a lot with the anxiety.

Twocat, keep looking and good luck.  Hopefully something will be found.

Have a great night everyone!

2Kitty - I'm really, really hoping you get something figured out. 

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

C-R

Quick post. Made 35.25 in just over 7 hours today. Lots of learning on this one. Going to bed early.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

That’s great, Norm!  Anxious to hear more about it.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

SteveP

Tom White, Very cool.

Two Cat, Ouch..I'm sorry for the issues you're having.

Tet, good luck on the swim.

WOW C-R!!!!

Tag and I got together with 100 of our closest friends and ran/waked 3.1.

SteveP