Masters Running

Monday, December 8 Brrrrrr Cold Runs and Such (Read 512 times)

Monday -6.02 progression miles - 46:41 8:32 - 8:13 - 7:52 - 7:27 - 6:50 - 7:36 - :08
    Mariposai

Any way I can get you Mari and Jon , and Enke and Dave and more..... to come out to the Eastside for a real Italian mega lasagna at my house on Thursday night...????? Francesca
      Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to be there and finally meet you in person. I will be carless since I am flying, but I am pretty good at taking the metro. Please send me directions on how to get to your place at nancyquiindy at yahoo dot com. Enkie are you coming?...tet...are you in??? Where is the dancing banana when you need one? Erika, yes.....we MUST start coordinating our trips Wink

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

I'm so glad you girls are coming on Thursday!!!! What about some boys now.....? Marii I'll email you directly. Oh, running.....7 miles for me in the am....not to cold..not too warm... I just signed up my next bit of madness....50K on trail Jan 10, 3pm start...!!!! Francesca
          5 miles on the treadmill today, I enjoy the mill a couple days per week in the summer & winter. I love being outside but mill has its' place. Dicky still shopping for softball equipment Big grin Two more years of work, then I want to retire and be more like you Wink Until then I'll stay busy umpiring 5 days per week 5 months a year. Never stop doin the things ya luv. Big grin

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

I just signed up my next bit of madness....50K on trail Jan 10, 3pm start...!!!!
            Running on a trail, in the dark, no doubt also in the cold rain.... yes madness. Already bought some nice wine today to bring to dinner Thursday....if this is still going to happen. Smile email me and we can talk about running together the latter part of next week.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

xor

Bridle Trails! That's a nutty race. If it rains, be prepared for shin deep puddles with horse poop. I may be there. I love poop.

Mariposai

I was beign tempted by this 50k thingie until I read about horse poop Dead Can't wait until Thursday.....this is going to be funnnnnnn

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

All my previous trail races have been way too "clean"... on 10 Jan it has to be muddy......I'm counting on it... Robert, are you coming on Thursday night..? I'm up in Woodinville . Francesca
                  xor

All my previous trail races have been way too "clean"... on 10 Jan it has to be muddy......I'm counting on it... Robert, are you coming on Thursday night..? I'm up in Woodinville . Francesca
                    Sounds very nice. Alas, I'll be away. Enjoy!

Franc, I didn't realize it was the Bridle Trails races...hey, how about I do one of the shorter races!! I LOVE running there...I did most of my LR's there this past summer... the poop is SO NICE and SOFT on your TIRED FEET.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm so glad you girls are coming on Thursday!!!! What about some boys now.....?
                        thanks franc. somehow, I think you can count on me too.
                        I just signed up my next bit of madness....50K on trail Jan 10, 3pm start...!!! . . . All my previous trail races have been way too "clean"... on 10 Jan it has to be muddy......I'm counting on it...
                        you might as well say you're going to put a ball-and-chain around your ankle and try to swim across Puget Sound in the middle of the winter I couldn't be more aghast at thinking of you trying to run the last four of six laps of the sloppy, muddy, poopy Bridle Trails 50K in the pitch dark. Some of the runners hand hold two flashlights (in addition to headlamp) and still can't see the tangle of roots, rocks, holes, deep puddles, etc. tripping everyone up. I had red flashing blinkies on too and still got lost two times and only by a miracle emerged sopping wet to the skin in a freezing sleet onto a perimeter road and got a ride back to the park entrance after four-and-a-half laps. Maybe I was too frozen to the bone to notice but, though I never fell down, maybe the uneven footing and pitching off balance and nearly falling many times resulted in a torn hamstring that kept me from running until the end of April (note to timmy - 120 day taper). I was so cold, I had to have someone else unlock the car door and even turn the key in the ignition to start the car so I could warm up just to drive. I promise I won't tell ydh or he might think trail runners are nuts or something but maybe just do the two-lap ten miler before it becomes too dark and then decide on going for the full 50K either this year or next. ps - 18 of 49 starters finished.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

xor

Franc, I didn't realize it was the Bridle Trails races...hey, how about I do one of the shorter races!! I LOVE running there...I did most of my LR's there this past summer... the poop is SO NICE and SOFT on your TIRED FEET.
                          Tip: frozen poop is not soft. Two foot deep poop water in winter IS cold. Just think of it as a nice ice bath to help your muscles during the run.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Enke, wanted to tell you, nice repeats at a very quick pace girl...WTG. Hey, I have showed up to a few cycling races hungover, and actually had some of the fastest times??? Carolyn, I live 1 mile from a golf course. It's about 4 miles around it on the golf cart path and it's a really neat and peaceful place to run...till ya get knocked in the head with a golf ball, LOL. All this talk about a meet'n up Thurs is making me jealous...wish I could show up for something like that, and meet some great people I have met here, sigh. Mari, have I told you yet today that I Luv Ya...just did. Actually along with everyone else here at RA...you all are a great crazy bunch. Hey, you could print off a picture of me and have it on the dinner table...I'm buying the drinks. 90 brain numbing minutes of pool running for me tonight. Was going to break Erika's 2 hour benchmark, but am going to save that for this coming Sat...my normal long run day. I figured if I did it tonight, I would feel like I would have to do that all the time, with my type A personality thingy. With my Walmart story yesterday, I wanted to add a Joy I did not express before. The little kiddoe sitting in the shopping cart - prolly about 6 to 9 months old was being the most impatient and crying. I took my pull over off and kept putting it over his little darling head and pulling it away and saying "peek a boo" He would get a huge smile and would laugh out loud...then cry again I did this over and over while his mommy went to return something she didn't think she could afford...that's when I slipped the cashier my credit card. He was really play'n me then, lol...what a reaL treat. I made sure she got the gift she tried to return too, and her other two kiddoes were laughing and amused too. Hey, where has Twocat been? Tet, I know you don't think 90 days is doable for me...but my foot is NOT coming along like I want, so Feb 1st is my new start up date. Depressing yes, but glad I am in good company. Hey Lame, hang in there buddie, you are in good company too. Erika....sooo happy happy for you sweetie!!! Have a great night all. Taper King TimmyBo... WDGGFLTMT...figure that one out...

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Maniac 505

Any way I can get you Mari and Jon , and Enke and Dave and more..... to come out to the Eastside for a real Italian mega lasagna at my house on Thursday night...????? Francesca
                              What fun!!!, I don't need directions, just give me your address, I will punch it into "Stella", My GPS. I live in downtown Seattle, I have a newish car, I usually use a tank of gas about every two months, this sounds VERY gas worthy, and I can offer rides!! I can easily carry 4, cram 5. Mari and Tet, want a ride? anyone else???
                                Timmy -- pssst, I believe Lamerunner is a woman....