Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 4.10.14 (Read 36 times)

Bushrat Runner

rhoon phast I have not seen a post by you in some time.  Could be I just missed em, but if not welcome back.  When, by the way, does the bear cam return?

Been just the past month I've been getting some miles in, so I have been posting when I actually get my butt out the door. But there were a number of months where that wasn't happening...

The bear cam will be on during June or July sometime. It will actually be live before it is announced as live, if the past couple years are any indication. It is a partnership, and the partner tries to time the announcement based on the best way to generate exposure and traffic. But they should have it up before then.

However, most remote installations in the park were heavily damaged during a high wind event after they had iced up. I don't know if the webcam infrastructure was affected, but if so they may have a delay based on whatever is needed to get it fixed...

And in totally unrelated news...I  passed my instrument rating checkride today. I'm now legal to fly in clouds. Be scared...be very scared...I am...

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Amy, how many marathons do you run each year now? You do sound a bit edgy waiting for Boston.

Yeah, what’s the edginess about Boston? It's just marathon no. 130 or something.
      You’d think winning your age group almost 100 times would cure that, . . . or maybe that’s what it causes it.

How many Bostons Amy?

When was your last one?

What do you do with all your extra BQ’s?

No particular reason but would you mind entering a marathon sometime as “barefoot jon.”

Have fun.
      I know it’s just between us but Tammy’s David is going to have a blast running his pace (and faster) with dozens, if not hundreds, of other runners of all ages in whatever distance he can find for his Seahawks weekend this fall.
      Congratulations on your instrument rating Rhoon. Does it cover flying in the dark too (or is it even needed for that). I’ve been a grateful passenger many times with someone of your credentials handling all the getting bumped and jerked, if not thrown, around up-and-down, here-and-there, not seeming to have any idea where we were while the clouds flashed by with occasional glimpses of terra firm still down below. Still scares me. The runway at last is one of the best sights in the world. Good luck.
      ps enke - I think having our weather so conducive to staying inside and studying is one of our better, albeit unspoken, academic benefits. However, except for windy, I don't recall wc encountering much of our weather, i.e. bad, very bad, in Colorado and all those nice places she goes where it never rains.  Maybe her DD will have to get her a library card too (NOT).

pps -  Are you still working out at (by?) the UW?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly S. having no kids of my own, I give, what does FCA stand for?

It is one of her school clubs - Fellowship of Christian Athletes.  They are not technically permitted to be part of the school, but they meet before school on alternate Wednesdays for inspirational messages.  And donuts.

No run for me on Thursday.  I was out the door by 6:30 to spend the day at a seminar 90 minutes away.

DH bought the second Hobbit move this week and I realized that I had not yet watched the first one (even though we own it), so I have been working my way through it at the rate of 45 minutes/night.  A good movie, but too long for one sitting....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."