Masters Running

Sundaily, 1.27.19 (Read 44 times)

evanflein

15.3 miles today, with the first 5 miles being the downhill trip down Ester Dome. Starting a long run with that steep descent maybe wasn't the best plan as my legs were pretty wiped out by mile 12. Gotta get these downhill runs done though, since that March 8 marathon is all downhill. Took my DIL along as well and she made it 3.5 miles before DH picked her up. That's a good start for her though, she's doing the half. She'd done 3 miles on the treadmill earlier this morning, so that's 6.5 for the day for her. Temps were around 16° today and it was overcast so didn't get to enjoy the bright sunshine from yesterday.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

January 2019 Grand Sumo Champion at today's finale

match of 15 for each of six tournaments a year, . . .

in case anyone is interested.

Has anybody heard how tet did in his marathon, today?

I- have not heard from the taperboy about his marathon today. Knowing  him, he did splendid!!!

Yep, first marathon of 2019 for 43rd year of more than 220 marathons

over five decades since 1977 and 30th year of barefoot marathons since 1990.

Highlight - running with “Road Kill” Rick who used to be my main nemesis starting from 1990 in our first marathon together but who is now my best marathon friend to the extent I’ll enter a local marathon not on my schedule if Rick’s running (which, at his 534 marathons, he usually is).

Lowlight - thinking it was going to warm up to the low 50's as the last two, springlike, days did but today didn't and running very cold barefoot as today's high was only 40F.  Brrr   yep, brrrr, even though 50-60 degrees warmer than the midwest.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)