Masters Running

Stunning Sunday Runs (Read 286 times)

<font size="1"></font>

I must have missed a day somehow......I started to post on Saturday and then realized...."Opps, it is Sunday".    The days fly by and right now every day is just another day with no difference between a Monday, Tuesday, etc.  Oh well, each day is still a lot of fun, challenges and great to be able to enjoy.

I thought it was going to be cool today but the temperature gauge is showing it as 92.......so the 4.36 miles was quite alright for what I wanted to accomplish for this week.  It was not the long run that I had hoped for, but next weekend is a better time for that anyway.

Double opps.......I went back for another 3.63 miles.  That helps the mileage.

God bless America

Vista

Vista

Evanflein, that is fantastic, and such fun to read about.  Congratulations!  Vista: two runs in one day beats me!  Fattozig, did I see that you are running a 50 miler this fall E. of Eugene?   Have you done this race before?  I'm impressed with you ultra types.

I'm way behind here.  It'll take half my lunch hour tomorrow to get caught up.  In the meantime, I hope everyone is healthy, happy, and enjoying their summers.  We actually had a day that qualified as a "summer day" today.  It was shocking.

Got in 20.5 miles yesterday - all but 6 on the road.   I hate road running, but I got done about 2 hrs earlier than I would've if I'd run in the forest.  Followed that up with 11.5 road miles this a.m.  Yesterday's were just downright sluggish, but oh well.  Tell you what though - whenever I have to put a load of miles in on the road, I always have a greater appreciation for you guys.  My legs are so much more wiped out than they would've been if they'd been trail miles.  Tried another high calorie running food - fruit pies.  Worked out great.  No stomach upset.

Spent about 4 hrs today buying a car.  Between going for the test drive, bringing it home for The Hub to see, then going back and dealing with all the paperwork - whew.  Ended up with a Toyota Camry.  Couldn't pass up the 0.00% interest for 60 mos.  Plus, we used the Costco buying program, which I would highly recommend.  Somehow or another, Costco gets them to agree to selling the car for the dealer invoice price - the price at which they purchased the vehicle - then adding, at least for this car, another $500, plus, of course, tax and license fee.  After over a week of researching and conversing with dealers in other areas, I'm confident we got a really good deal.  And I did it all by myself!  I feel like such a grownup!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance