Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 07/04 (Read 562 times)

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Looks like Leslie is a bit behind, so thought I would start us off...a little late.  But better late than never.

Mon- SRD

Tue - 15 mins of core excercises: 150 push-ups, 3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.  Followed by 4.69 mile run this morning.  Very humid and temps @ 75F so very sweaty but great run.  Afternoon: 50 mins free weights both  UB and some light leg work.

Wed - running late today so cut core excercises to 10 mins: 120 push-ups, 2 sets of abds, 2 sets of pull-ups; 10.59 mile bike ride this morning.  Intervals run at track after work.  6X400m intervals { pace: 6:47/6:39/ 6:38/ 6:46/ 6:49/ 6:52} with 400 recovery; 1600m warm-up and 1200 m cool-down.

Thur - 15 mins of core excercises: 150 push-ups, 3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.  This afternoon 55 mins of UB Free weights.  After work an easy 5.64 mile run after work about an 8:12 pace..

Fri- SRD

Sat -unplanned SRD

Sun - 15 mins of core excercises: 150 push-ups, 3 sets of abds, 3 sets of pull-ups, mild stretching.  W-xing Revolutionary Run - 10K race.   Came in 104/608, 47:16.97 [7:37 pace].  Hour - hour half of swimming with kids in pool afterwards.

totals:  21 miles for week [low]; almost 2 hrs free weights, 40 mins core excercises: 420 push-ups.  hour of swimming.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Yeah, she's probably going to try a lame excuse, like she was up for 36 straight hours, or something like that.

Mon:  Yoga.  done.

Tues:  4 miles.  rest day instead

Wed:  X-T (or the 4 from yesterday)  3.8 at 9:30 pace.  Felt hard, but good.

Thu:  4 miles (maybe something resembling speed work)  rested

Fri:  rest.  30 minutes eliptical--sore spot on foot .

Sat:  pump class  Done.  foot feels better--hope to run tomorrow.

Sun:  Some distance longer than 4 to celebrate the 4th.  Didn't go longer that 4--3.1 in 28 flat.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Thanks for getting this started, Joe.  My mind is a total and complete fog.  Thankfully taper starts this week.

Stumpy. . . . . it was more like 41.  Although I can't complain since I didn't run 100 miles.  Drove lots and lots of miles, but didn't run them.

Mon - 6+ hr drive from Auburn ------------------------------------------ Ugh!

Tues - Wishing I could get more sleep ------------------------------ Double Ugh!

Wed - 10 miles w/hill repeats ------------------------------------------ 10 miles w/6 hill repeats

Thurs - 3+ miles or 30+ min cycling ---------------------------------- 4.52 EZ miles, 9:50 ap

Fri - Rest --------------------------------------------------------------------- 40 min core, a little upper body

Sat - 10 trail miles --------------------------------------------------------- 9.80 beach miles

Sun - 5 miles --------------------------------------------------------------- 5.00 miles **

** 1.25 warm up to a 3.16-mile race, followed by .5 miles of walking while carrying 2 watermelons

Totals: 29.32 miles, 40 min core/upper body

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks for getting this started, Joe.  My mind is a total and complete fog.  Thankfully taper starts this week.

No problem.  Get some rest tonight. 

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

evanflein

Thanks, Joe. We'll wait for that slacker Leslie to pull her act together in a few.

This week the forecast is for cloudy cool conditions with rain here and there just about every day. Lovely. 

I have a mile race on Thursday, and I'm thinking of doing a 5k on Sunday the 4th.

Monday: Rest Day

Tuesday: 6.1 miles in the drizzly mist, .32 mile walk

Wednesday: 5.5 miles, 8:01 avg pace, but that's cuz mile 3 had 5 x 30 sec. striders at "all out" pace; .6 mile walk

Thursday: 1.3 mile warm up, 1 mile race (6:36.4), then 3.7 afterwards for 6 miles run. 1.7 miles walked between lunchtime walk and after run cool down.

Friday: 5.6 miles, 8:33 avg pace (easy effort), .6 mile walk back up the hill

Saturday: 8.6 miles, just under 8:20 avg pace, .3 mile walk

Sunday: .4 mile warmup, 5k race (21:54), 8 mile run afterward for 11.5 miles run for the day

Totals: 43.4 miles run and 3.6 miles walked; new 5k PR too!

Thanks, Joe. We'll wait for that slacker Leslie to pull her act together in a few.

Harsh!  You guys are just harsh, I tell ya!

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sunday - 26 min swim

Monday - 50 min swim

Tues - 3.5 mile pain free run!

Wed - nothing

Thur - geocaching (does this count?)

Friday - ate cake and ice cream

Sat - hmmm

sun - Kayaking

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

evanflein

cake and ice cream?? Did someone have a birthday?? Hi Laurie!
                  Dutchie42

Oops, very late to the party indeed

Mon: slow and heavy chest, back and schoulders strength training, plus abs and a bike commute

Tue: 5.5K run + 45 minutes of LB endurance training with some plyo thrown in and a bike commute

Wed: nothing, not even a bike commute. Been hyper-energetic for 9 consecutive days, sleeping for 5-5.5hrs a night and I'm starting to crash.

Thu: 8.8K run

Fri: nothing. Up late, still crashing..

Sat: 8.2K difficult run @ 20C and humid conditions. I was dripping sweat all over the place. Added on a slow and heavy tricep training, plus abs.

Sun:nothing: tummy trouble since yesterday evening.

Total running mileage: 22.6K

Total biking mileage: 26K

LB: 1x

UB: 4 muscle groups

Abs: 2x

Dutchie
                    Run the day, or the day runs you.

pfriese

M - 8 miles

T - rest day

W - 13.1 miles

Th - 5.6 miles