Masters Running

What to substitute for booze? (Read 51 times)

sucker for bubbles

You know it's a long Lenten Season when you give up alcohol and turn to answers on running websites......

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey Winejunky!  Did you really give up wine for Lent?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

#artbydmcbride

Ginger ale with a twist of lime.

Runners run

sucker for bubbles

Yes yes I did.   Its a 5 year rotation, next year coffee

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Club soda with the aforementioned lime.  And if you really want to go wild, a big splash of cranberry juice.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

but, doesn't your job require you to drink???

hi winejunky!!

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey!  I want a job that requires me to drink!

Marathon Maniac #957

My job kind of forces me to drink......afterward, to cope.....Roll eyes

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Yep--I hear ya!

sucker for bubbles

Tamster, I'm a sales guy first, however I can always taste and spit, which I've been doing a lot lately....ummmmm Burgundy!

evanflein

I hear ya, sister! Wink  Hey Winejunky! How the heck have you and the Canadian been? Good to see you, even if you're not gonna have a drink with us.