Masters Running

Wednesday, 4.6.16 (Read 33 times)

...yeah,

Poison Ivy and Oak are contact dermatitis,

if you can wash off within the first hour, you can cut the reaction 50%

( and rinse out the clothes you were wearing)

Sarna Lotion

will help stop the itching on contact,

if you can find RhuliGel it's even better, (so naturally they quit making it)

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sayhey! MM#130

quick hiya!

Yes, tet, I saw that on Google and also was pleasantly surprised!  And 1896 has always seemed a year of much happening to me, even w/o a grandparent birth.   RS are those lads in the rosy hose who frequent a park built just 16 years post 1896, over on the other coast from you and a tad and some northeast of me.  It was Opening Day.

Will look for the pm, Rosie.

What C-R said, for the most part.

Just reading about poison plants make me itch.

heal up quickly there, marj!

best happy grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

C-R, I hope your surgery goes well and resolves the problem.  Wild, I hope you can get over the stress fracture quickly.  Nice long runs for Mike,  Aamos, and RCG.

I did a 3 mile walk this morning at a 13:44 pace and a 2 mile walk the afternoon at a 13:34 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

evanflein

I missed the poison oak notice... what happened? I've never even seen it that I'm aware of, so I'd be a prime victim if it were anywhere near. We don't have any poisonous plants like that. Just don't eat the bane berries and leave some mushrooms alone, and you'll be fine here.

Well good grief if this isn't starting to sound like the old geezers' broken down runners club! C-R, hope that knee heals up quickly. Henry, hope yours keeps you going. Carolyn, how much longer?? Enke, glad you got out for a run. Just press the purple button on the top right to start, then press it to pause. Then again to start, etc. When done, press the lower right button to highlight "save", then the purple button again (which is like the "select" button) to save the run. It took me a few runs to get the hang of it.

And after bad mouthing my FR 25 for a couple days, it's been working perfectly. So now I like it again. Yes, I'm that fickle.

An absolutely gorgeous day here, and I've been cooped up inside all day. Work is just absolutely crazy these days with multiple project deadlines looming (or zooming as they approach) and many roadblocks and hiccups along the way. Argh! Must be time for a Wednesday night run home!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Good job Tom.

My morning 5 miler was at a 13:48 pace

and coming back this evening at 14:24m/m, . . . except I was running..

Maybe it was the temp jump from 41-degrees at 7am to nearly 80-degrees at 5pm, . . .

but I doubt it.   whew.

I did a 3 mile walk this morning at a 13:44 pace and a 2 mile walk the afternoon at a 13:34 pace.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Erika - I got  a very bad case of poison oak from my dogs. we have some on our trails and even though I know where it is and avoid it, if they run by it, it gets on their fur, i pet them or hug them or lie down next to them and bam - next thing you know I'm itching like crazy. my left forearm has it so bad that I've gone through 1/2 a roll of papertowels just at work today. I'll double up some paper towels to rest my arm on while i'm working at my desk, typing, etc. and literally every 10-15 min I have to change it out because it's in the oozy stage and the p.towel is soaked. it's so gross, i know. it just better be under control and drying up by saturday or this is going to be a real miserable 10 mile race!!

David is up in Portland now (MikeE - it's a safe town) and at the Blazer game tonight. texted me a pic of him and a cheerleader. guess he's having a good time. he made it his new profile pic on FB. too bad one of his buddies was on the other side of the cheerleader.

Tammy

Mariposai

What a long day....

12 hours was not enough to do everything I needed to do,

but my victory is that I finally was able to craft an hour of my day to run for 6 glorious, asparagus picking miles today (left the DH speechless when I declared that he was on his own to provide dinner for us by the time I returned, he did provide a humble and healthy meal in my return)

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Oh man, Tammy, that sucks. And you might really never know if they ran thru that stuff or not, so how do you protect yourself? Sure hope that oozing stops soon... eww is right!

Sounds like a fun weekend in Portland coming up this fall!

I didn't put in 12 hours today, just 9 1/2, but it did feel really good to get out for a run home after work, even if I got out pretty late and it was cooling off by the time I was on the final 2 mile stretch up the hill to home, in the shade. My hands got cold, but otherwise I was fine. Good solid steady run with fewer stops than any run this length in the last many months. Had to stop for traffic a couple times but other than that just short breaks on the hills, about 6 minutes total on the whole run. Yay, that's a big improvement. 9.8 miles, 8:12 avg pace with several 8 minute miles in the middle.

Marathon Maniac #957

(left the DH speechless when I declared that he was on his own to provide dinner for us by the time I returned, he did provide a humble and healthy meal in my return)

{{{Tammy}}}

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."