Masters Running

Thursday Too Legit to Quit First Day of February (Read 39 times)

[[[tammy]]]

===========

went shooting first

best part

is the BS'ing afterwards-

one of the guys is a milk cow farmer

there was a

Falconry get together somewhere nearby his farm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falconry#Clubs_and_organizations

and

one afternoon an escaped Hawk went after his COW in the milking shed

people and cows

ran

(or stampeded) for their lives

later

it came back and tried to carry off a Shiatsu

followed by

going after his bird-dog>>>>>>>>which proved to be a Fatal Error on the hawk's part

the game warden

later said it was justifiable birdacide

===========

but I digress.........( but  a hell of a story)

20-min StairClimber

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sub- your flight is in the AFTERNOON! Of course you should run in the morning!  Smile

Karen, you're too funny! I would have bet anything that would be your answer so I guess I'll run a short one, then raise my beer glass to you in a toast when we land in P.V. !!

3 mile walk, faster today with a few jogs to test the knee. It was fine. I need to start getting out in the morning, and not shortly after lunch, so I can actually run on a mostly empty stomach.

Raptors are scary!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

BTY

Some folks live vicariously through their children.  I live vicariously through tomwhite.

I had a strength workout and a swim this morning before work..   The two rest days I had at the end of the month seemed like the right decision this morning, as I was lifting well and swimming mostly "effortlesslly"until I got to the main set which was to be 8 x 100 yard freestyle repeats, 1:25 swim / 0:20 rest.  Except I only got 4 reps.  I thought I'd do four, get extra minute of rest after the 4th and then do 4 more, but 20 seconds rest want really enough for that pace and that many reps.  I finished with 100 yards of backstroke at an easy but not really cooldown pace, to complete 1,500 yards.  Shy of a mile, but there are time limitations when I swim in the morning.  I got to work "almost" on time this morning.

Oh, I got out for a 10 minute walk on coffee break ad a 30 minute walk on lunch break.   During the 2nd walk I felt my hamstring tighten up, and then I remembered that I moved my workstation including my stand-up desk about 6 feet on my work desk in the office this morning, and was getting on all fours to remove and replace plugs.  Probably shouldn't do stuff like that anymore.  It's what we have a building services staff for, but I've never been one to let them or the I/T people rearrange things in my office - I'm too impatient.

Heading out soon for Trivia Night at the 99 Restaurant.  Just DS#3 and me tonight - all the others have conflicts.

That's a plan!

Karen, you're too funny! I would have bet anything that would be your answer so I guess I'll run a short one, then raise my beer glass to you in a toast when we land in P.V. !!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

moebo

Enke, thanks for the links. I love the idea of tracking the groundhogs who come out on groundhog day, even if they're people Smile

Marj, thatnk you, too, for those beautiful photos. I wanna go to Hawaii!

I did an early celebration of the French Feb 2nd tradition by making crepes with my French 3 class. They were SO happy when I surprised them with this break from a regular class (though I did make them read about the history of the tradition and watch a French version of Peppa Pig making crepes just to say I hadn't comepletely abandoned my responsibilities).

Before school I ran 5.2 surprisingly quick miles.

Those pictures by mrrun are all photoshopped! I am sure of it. I do not ever recall seeing a sky that color. It is always grey. Occasionally a light grey. It just depends on the color cloud drifting by.

TammyinGP I hope you get some good news soon.

sub7 go run! If you knock yourself out a bit, it will let you sleep on the plane.

deez4boyz personally, if I was worried, I would test. You are almost certainly negative, and it sounds like seeing it for sure will put your mind at ease.

I ran 7 miles with some of my much younger and faster colleagues. But I kept up! How much younger? I was married to my DW before any of them were born. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Dave59

I hope you all know I don't really wear a bicycle helmet when getting dressed. But I do recall Holly's story almost every time I am putting on something while standing up.

I got my follow-up appointment with the neurologist set for March 1. I was starting to wonder if they would ever call me back.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

sub - have fun and maybe add some fresh seafood too.

ps - add an evening run for a two country day?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

My standing up and dealing with pants story is from a former co-worker who lived in Ohio.  Back then (in the 80s) some of the divisions of our company made the traveling employees double up in rooms.  Well, my friend was rooming with his boss and the boss was pretty straight -laced.  My friend went out for some beers with some folks and when he came back to the room his boss was asleep.  My friend was really careful, didn’t turn on the lights, and after said beers, as he was taking off his trousers and standing up, he fell on the guy in the next bed!  He was mortified.  The boss never mentioned it!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

It’s too late, Dave—every time I put on my pants, now, I’m going to think about you putting on a helmet.

I ran 7 easy miles, then watched my granddaughter’s basketball game.

Okay—gotta go.  See ya!

SteveP

Oh Look At Those Pictures!

Moebo - Delightful change of pace for the class!

Wednesday, DW and I rode home together.  Thursday, I went to lace up and realized I left my shoes in the truck.  Whoops.  I only did my at home PT.

SteveP