Masters Running

40s 50s 60s + On the Run - w/e (Read 528 times)

Hey Peeps -

GOOD LUCK, CAROL!  HAVE FUN!!

I probably could've found a better place to run if we had a car, but I didn't want to deal with taxis or the trolley at 6:00 AM.  If we'd been closer to the water, I'm sure I could've found some great places.  As it was, I managed 2 hrs while watching painfully stupid episodes of CSI: Miami (I can't stand the red-headed guy ).  I only did 10.5 miles, but I also did some pretty good power walking with the 'mill inclined as far as it would go - 15.0.

Will try and get up early enough to hopefully get in another hour in the morning, but I ain't makin' no promises.

Have a great weekend!!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Thanks for all the well wishes!  I'll be thinking about you guys tomorrow.  Have a conf call at 4, then heading over to pick up packets, check out the expo, and then out to dinner w/ my friend and our hubbies.  Got my continuous glucose monitor synching up very well this afternoon, so hopefully that trend will continue and it will help warn me if my blood sugar starts heading south tomorrow.   Looks like good weather.....starting at about 34 and rising to around 45ish, partly cloudy with 5 mph winds.  Trying to figure out what jacket or sweatshirt I'm willing to ditch along the way.

Sounds like you guys are all over the place....San Diego, Palm Springs, igloos, conferences, orchards.  Enjoy the weekend!   

Progress Trumps Pefection

Top 'O the World!

Yay Carol!  Sounds like IRC for you tomorrow!!   fleet feet & have fun girl!

You too Jim!  guessin RMNP?

Not ready for bloomin orchards here yet, so just waiting for pics from Arla

Jewels - how did Dr appt go?

Greta Weekend to all....

I'm: working today & tomorrow, then Doug & I are looking for why I keep throwing a breaker @ the mtn house & if that goes well (fast & easy) we'll try hitting the slopes for a bit...

C

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Have a great race, Carol!!  I agree on IRC--maybe a little chilly at the start, but sure nice the rest of the way.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Go Carol.......have a great run and great fun!

Doc appt. is next Friday......probably won't find anything wrong but I ditched this appointment last year and b$tched and moaned that I had canceled it so I'm going. He is a the best Sports Med doc in our area who I have seen a few other times for other problems. I guess deep massage sounds like the answer.......thanks guys!

Conferences, races, igloos, more snow for some, blooming flowers and crazy life situations are what's in store for our group this past week. Wheeeee........

TGIF........Jewels

But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee

jfa

Sounds like a great day for a race Carol!

Had half day yesterday for snow, today we were off too. Only about a foot around here but 10 miles inland more like 20". Snuck in a good gym routine today. 10 miles and 10 machines. Do a mile, do a machine.Abs and upper body. Last night I was releived the boxing class was cancelled for the weather. I'm still getting over the last time,but promised I would be back.So stupid of me.

Then around sunset a little slog through the woods with Budster. Hard running in knee deep snow,but the bending over to dodge the branches was worse. The snow is very heavy so the tree branches are all pulled down on the trail. It was beautiful out in the woods though. So quiet at dusk in the snow.

Have a good weekend!

Hey Gang.  Good runs and workouts for evryone.  And Go Carol!

We're in for some good weather here in OK.  A fine day yesterday with temps in the low 50s....a bit breezy but good day none the less.  Got in a 12 spot yesterday late afternoon. 

Another beauty day in store for today.... forecast for mid 50s and very light wind.   Now that's what I'm talkin' about, I tell you what!

Jim....I think you're telling me to just shut up, get on a plane and go snowshoeing....it aint that hard to do.  I am listening to your advice.  Those mtn/snow pics are just beautiful and that igloo thing......awesome. 

Hey to evryone. 

MTA....back from a 6er.  Had a 9er planned, but I barely got the 6er done.  Felt like quitting, so I did.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM