Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 11.3.17 (Read 34 times)

you know, you are always welcome to come to my home whenever you want!   and you'd actually meet David's teacher in normal attire. At least I don't think he'll be wearing his caveman nor his clown costume this time. 

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

spacityrunner

3 miles on the greenway.  Still hot and humid. Where oh where did fall go?  It was just here the other day 

Trails Rock!

catwhoorg

Labrat

12 hilly bike miles at lunch, then 8 hilly run miles after work.

I have earned this glass of wine in my hand today.

(Also wrestled with our benefits after our first information meeting. Major changes to one of the plans offered makes it not the usual slam dunk decision)

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Quickadder

3 miles on the greenway.  Still hot and humid. Where oh where did fall go?  It was just here the other day 

+1. Forecast for my race tomorrow morning is 69F with 100% humidity. Glad it’s only a 10K.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

It's snowing like crazy, here.  I can't remember if there are any rules about running in a snow storm...if there is...I broke it.  8 miles...all by myself...

It was our turn to clean the church, tonight, but it looked like somebody else had already done it.  So, we emptied a few trash cans, made sure a couple of other things were taken care of, and went to a local bar and had a burger.  I think I should feel guilty, or something...but I don't.

Okay--I have to get up early and get a run in before I head down to the state cross country meet in the morning, so I'd better get going.  See ya!

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, no snow here.  Got to the low 80s today here.  Drill weekend, which means a lot of meetings.  Was able to run after work--another 7.4 miles.  Two miles at a 7:30 pace trying to help one of my fellow instructors (among other classes she's trying to help active duty airmen that are having problems with the PT test).  Interesting, they were running fairly quickly to the 3/4 mile mark and between there and the mile mark the pace fell off markedly (including a lot of walking).  Spoke with the group after they all got back to the base track and offered some tips to (hopefully) improve their ability to hold pace.  Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, drill weekend so will be getting to bed soon.

Metalman, nutrition was likely the biggest factor.....that said, you are also on to something with the 5 minutes to the good in the first half costing you 20 in the second half.  That's not uncommon.  I've done it a few times.  You did well.

DAW, great to hear from you and glad that the new plan is showing some promise.  Definitely hope you are able to continue to improve.

Have a great night everyone!

Hey all, no snow here either, surprised that MikeE is getting hit just 3 hours away from here.  I don't think you broke any rules though.

Erika and Tammy, I don't do very well keeping up with those challenges, good for you for participating.  I really need a race to motivate me.

I have been MIA for a week but did get out to run today. After donating blood yesterday I expected to be tired so that's my excuse for being slow. I wasn't dressed quite warm enough for 37F since I didn't calculate the wind chill. Maybe by March I will have my cold running gear figured out.

After supper I spent 15 minutes on a phone call to dispute some charges on my credit card with a supplement company. After I asked to talk to a supervisor she put me on hold. I was stubborn enough to hang on for another 20 minutes before calling in quits. At least it was classical piano music!  A quick call to Wells Fargo fraud department took care of it.

Tonight is "Hunter's Eve"  so that means I have the house to myself tomorrow while MrStarr goes deer hunting. I am not a huge fan of venison but know people that would take it.

MikeE, we have one sophomore who made it to the State CC meet tomorrow. His best time was 16:47.8 last week. Have fun with your team.

Good  luck to all the racers. A mini get together at the 5K sounds fun. Good night, sleep tight.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich