Masters Running

Monday - Today's the Day for Beer Baby Runs (Read 376 times)

TammyinGP

Hi Everyone!

I ran 7.25 miles this morning at the highschool track. My son was in football camp at the highschool, so I got in some running while he was doing football drills. He had a good time and they worked these kids hard! I bet he's sore tomorrow from all the running.

Tammy

Teresadfp

One day at a time

VERY hot and humid here this morning, so I went to the Y.  2 painful miles on the TM!  Blech, I can't wait for it to be 5 degrees F again!!

Connecting flights and a delay means I can take time to check the daily thread again...I see your post Tramps. Nothing doing! 

The other day I weighed in at probably less than I weighed over 40 years ago in college! It was cool to see that number on the scale, but maybe I should think about putting some of it back on.

Anyone have some tips for what kind of foods to eat to maintain weight while one an active schedule? More protein? More carbs? What are some good sources?

I'm sorry, but I think we're going to have to ask you to leave now.

I was in Palm Springs Thurs through Sun for a conference and am soooo very tired.  Not taking Thurs and Fri into consideration,  Saturday went from about 6:30 a.m. to 1:00 a.m., between conference stuff, seminars, banquet . . . and one of my traveling buddies who consumed a bit of wine and refused to go back to her own room and stay there.  Sunday we were up at 7:30 a.m., brunch, finished up conference, then took off for the 2.5 hour drive to LAX for the flight home  (I was the driver).  Because we live in a somewhat secluded area, we have limited flight availability that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  Consequently, we had to take the 8:15 p.m. flight, which landed here at 11:30 p.m., I got home after midnight, and finally got to sleep around 1:00 a.m.  I am seriously struggling to keep my eyes here at 3:55 in the afternoon.

So no Baby Beers yet??   Boy, no consideration at all for those of us waiting, huh?

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

All went really well and I met the very handsome and friendly Walt RB... Awesome guy.

^^^

Poor thing must have had heatstroke. 

Congratulations, Sue, on your AG win...

I trotted out a real easy 7.6 today in the H&H....1:12:00....Off tomorrow.

Walt

Hi y'all!

SueT, I was negligent in failing to post back CONGRATS!  I am impressed, you win the GM award without really doing all the "prescribed" type work-outs.  That's just swell.  I'd love to get up the gumption to do a bi sometime.

Twocat, you are the best, thanks so much for sharing those recipes, I was in need of some kitchen inspiration, and I am off to the market to get those ingredients.  Exactly the type of recipes I most enjoy!  So glad you're not divorcing

I'm with Leslie, --Roch, step to the rear of the train.

So Tammy, when's the next marathon?

grins,

A

ps: maybe we're all wrong about li'l nearbeer.  What if s/he's a wine fancier?  I mean, maybe she's a bold and brassy burgundy, holding her own until we recognize as such........

Masters 2000 miles
              Jlynne

Blech, I can't wait for it to be 5 degrees F again!!

Be careful what you wish for, Teresa! December's not that far off...

VERY hot and humid here this morning, so I went to the Y.  2 painful miles on the TM!  Blech, I can't wait for it to be 5 degrees F again!!

EWWWWWW - bite your tongue!!  lol

i way overslept this morning and slogged my way thru 10 miles in the heat and humidity  -- fortunately was able to get on the beach for about a mile of it once the tide receded some  -- last mile i did a lot of walking - felt like i was totally overheating!!

beer baby beer baby come on out!!

denise

My money is on tomorrow for nearbeer (s/he is a he, by the way).  A good friend of ours predicted 8/19 several weeks ago, and I'm starting to think she's right.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

SteveP

Sue, you're amazing

SteveP