Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 2.10.18 (Read 36 times)

Congratulations, Mike!   Holly- that sounds fantastic!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

TammyinGP

well done Mike!!! you ran a whole marathon and probably drank your beer in far less time than it took me on my trail run today.

20.7 miles, 2500 ft climbing. you can put a fork in me now.

Tammy

Quickadder nature will exact revenge for breaking rule #1!

Mike E not sure if I should congratulate you on running the marathon or actually getting to it! What a journey you had.

TammyinGP impressive run!

Holly S. what a drag about the parking lot.

SteveP if you could run over some deer you would be welcome to practice your parking in my yard.

I did an hour on the elliptical this morning. Then deported a mouse from the live trap I set up to a local stone wall along a cemetery and dog park. The mouse seemed happy to get out of the trap and I was happy to see him go. Then DW and I picked up some friends and we went to the Westminster masters agility dog trial. My SIL was in it with her dog Cooper. It is not her best dog. But she has Jack Russell terriers and Westminster does not recognize the breed. That means you can only run your dog in the event if it is neutered. For obvious reasons her top dog is not neutered. This is her second best one and getting on in years. Alas, Cooper did not make the finals. But my SIL seemed happy since she came in with pretty low expectations. Of course Cooper was happy because people were paying a lot of attention to him. We all had a good time, headed back to CT had dinner in a great little Latin restaurant and now DW and I are home. Tomorrow there is a 20k race I will not run due to it requiring a violation of rule #1. I may just hit the TM instead.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, government efficiencies?  An oxymoron (and now I'm a very small cog in it).  I will say we (military) are generally pretty good at our jobs but we could certainly be far more efficient in our processes.  Today sort of proved it.  I spent the day in training briefings, the afternoon one quite painful.  How many of them did I need to actually do my job (deployed or not)?  Hopefully none.  Anyway, got up what I think is around Coastwalker's time (3:20 AM) and got in 5.3 miles before work.  One more day of this compacted training, will be interesting to see if I'm able to get up that early again tomorrow.

Stumpy, that was funny!

Tet, I ran into something similar when I took the job up here.  The Keysers at my Y in Alabama had all that data (two things, the algorithm on the older models assumes the rider is a 30 year old, 150 lb male; also, if two bikes have the same resistance and one is on "9" and the other is on "14" the bike on the "9" is the harder one).  I got spoiled by those bikes as I started instructing.  So I come up here and the bikes at the base and the local Y are older models (the ones at the Y are like the one you rode today).  Don't have to change the profile....but major changes to the cueing instructions for the students.  I've adapted though and it's becoming less difficult to transition from bike type to bike type.  Nice work today BTW.

MikeE, saw the post, congratulations!

Have a great night everyone!

5 EZ

Worked on my tan a little again today. I know the weather is going to take a turn for the chilly lower 60's any day now.

Good job, Mike!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good evening, all.

4 miles  around the lake this morning.  A little bit of ice left even though it was almost 40F.  Not too fast, but pleasant.  Really looking forward to tomorrow morning--doesn't appear that it will stop raining until evening.

DW is on a trip to Rochester to meet with her two brothers for a summit on their dad.  Finally giving into his stubbornity and not insisting on him moving to assisted living.  She thinks they surprised him and got him to agree to a few necessities he needed if he wants to stay in his house--more visits by his home health aid, more lights around at night, that sort of thing.  Next big step is when they have to tell him that there's no more driving.  He's off the road due glaucoma surgery, but they're hoping that the doctor will be the one breaking the news if his vision doesn't make it back to 20/40 corrected.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.