Masters Running

Saturday last day of April runs (Read 511 times)

Well, congratulations Dave, OM and speedy butterfly lady!!  That 1st overall must be nice....savour it!

Yes, mari and Holly sure have lots going on.  Not me.  If I feel ambitious, I might hit the garden centre AND the grocery store later today.  That'll wipe me out.

4 mile run at the horse trails.  I really should have done another loop for 8 miles but I went too fast on the first uphill mile and I think I did it in record time.  I'm still slow as molasses but running Cougar lately has given me some hill strength.  And much more fun than doing hill repeats.

All the trilliums were in bloom....the last downhill mile has a nice corridor of them.  What could be better than that?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Slo

It's been a busy day !

Got 7 in this morning which inludes 1.5 miles with DD#2.

My first group ride of the season. 40 miles out and back. 25 mph winds to our back going out. The trip home took us 3x as long...not counting "water" holes...straight up butt time in the saddle.

Headin out or some Pizza with my ladies, DW, DD#1 and DD#2. DS is at GF's prom.

Marathon Maniac #957

...I was an overall winner in a 5k

WOO HOO!!!  Very extremely excellent!!

Erika - so glad you're finally going to have tha plumbing nightmare fixed (hopefully for good).  As for today, I thought it went well.   I'll have news by Monday.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Maniac 505

Mari: 

Coongrats on the win!!! and a HUGE preliminary congrats to DH for tomorrows race.  I hope he has a blast.

Erika,  glad you are getting that plumbing issue worked out.  It has been way too long.

Enke,  It was beautiful today wasn't it.   I think spring is finally here.  8 for me.

from that other thread, I hope Timbo gets smarter.  He is probably tougher then any of us here,   that is not always a good thing Cry

Wow!  Some fantastic racing this weekend!! 

Posie - Congrats on the overall win, my butterfly friend!

Dave59 - What a great 5k run you had.

OM - Loved your description of the "hill to heaven." Big grin

Went this a.m. and talked to a couple we've been friends with for years, told them about The Hub.  They know ALL our history, so they were a good sounding board.  And, as I knew would happen: "You just tell us what you and Shorty need.  We'll be there."  Scott's mom and her husband are recovering alcoholics (they met in AA a number of years ago Smile), so he and his sister are well aware of the effects of alcoholism.  I knew they'd be supportive, but it was nice to talk to them face-to-face and hear it.

I followed that up with a 1-hr pool run.  It was a great time to go.  Only a couple of people in the swim lanes, and two young ladies training for lifeguard certification in the deep end.  It was a nice diversion, and the hour went by remarkably fast.  I had planned on only 40 min, but when I got to that mark, I figured, what the heck.  I could either keep going around the deep end, or go home and sit on my butt with my foot in the air.

Afterward, when home, sucked up some Vit D since it was a stunningly beautiful day, then made some brownies for The Hub.  I get to go visit  tomorrow, and he asked me to bring him a treat.  I also printed up a couple of pics of the cats and one of me - just a little reminder of what he's fighting for. Smile

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Did you get ice cream Wildchild??

I am a good leader dog Dave, because I am always in front of Dad when we run, run, run. Your race was good!!!

I never been in a canyon before, Mtnchk. I want a furbaby too!!!

It sounds like you had very bad problems Erika.

If Dad will let me, Nancy, I would like to go run run run with you! It sounds fun fun fun!

Does Clair race too???

4 mile run at the horse trails.  I really should have done another loop for 8 miles but I went too fast on the first uphill mile and I think I did it in record time.  I'm still slow as molasses but running Cougar lately has given me some hill strength.  And much more fun than doing hill repeats.

All the trilliums were in bloom....the last downhill mile has a nice corridor of them.  What could be better than that?

Chasing critters

I went with Dad when he went to work today. He goes for bye bye rides in trucks all the time!! That is way cool!! He was putting things in the back of one truck and it looked very fun. There was some big things he put in the where he made old man noises. He grunted and groaned and it sounds just like when he is in the room with the mean bath tub and my tall water dish. 

At his work,he kept a door open and I had to keep going out to the trees to keep squirrels away. Then I had to go back to the truck to make sure Dad was still OK. Then I had to go back out and chase critters some more. Then I went back to check on Dad. It was hard to get anything done. When he did get done, he smelled a lot like when I roll in stuff. Then we had some ice cream. Then we went run run run for just a little. Then we met Mom and they went to another work. I took a nap because I had a hard day. Mom went into a store and me and Dad went on trails. I had to stay on the leash and it made me sad. There were ducks and I wanted them very bad!

Noah showed Dad a new coloring book. Noah pointed to one of the people on there and said, "Who is him?'. Dad said it was "Jeffery". Noah said, "We talked about this yesterday, Grampy.". Then he pointed out "Iron Man, Hulk, Wolferene and Camptain American". I though Dad knew all this stuff. Sigh.

Sniffing Butts, Tag

SteveP

Leslie, it sounds like you are on a good course. Keep on keepin on.

SteveP

wildchild

Carolyn

Hi Tag - No, I didn't get ice cream. I'd just eat it if I bought it. DH buys ice cream, but he gets vanilla, and that's easy to resist. I only like chocolate. What's your favorite flavor? Do they make squirrel ice cream? 11 miles on the Boulder Creek trail today. It was 45° and overcast - IRC. A bit on the cool side when the breeze was strong, which prompted me to run faster to stay warm. 10:05 avg pace, which I was happy with. I'm thinking of running a half marathon at the end of May so I figured I should start ramping up my runs. 10 miles last weekend and 11 today. It was only 25° at home, so nice to run in town where I could run in shorts. Mariposai, 1st overall? Wow. I could only manage that if I was the only one running. Cool! Nice races for OM and Dave, too. Mtnchk - are you gonna run the Slacker half marathon this year? How about Mairead? I'd love to see you there again!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Wildchild...11 miles on trails...I drool for that. Great run my birthday sister!!!! When we turn 50, can we run 20 miles on trails together?

Avenger dog, you would have loved the race I ran today...it was for beings like you...the name: hoffing and woofing...

yeah...proud owners brougth their dogs to run with them. I don't have a dog, I have a cat and she is very, very ill...my poor moondancer...Cry...anyway...some of us crazy folks without a dog decided to run this race just for running sake. It was fun (well, really it wasn't...I was hurting the whole time) but being the first one go over the dog bones was a lot of fun....and I thought of you!!!

The benefit for the race goes to doggies who are not so lucky,  lucky like you who have a home,  they are dreaming that someone would adopt them. 

You are one luck dog to have real people who cares for you.

On to prepare for race #2 with my DH...wow...12k for his first race...unbelievable!!! I hope my wings can keep up with him.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Congrats on the excellent race, Mariposai! Hey, first overall is first overall, no matter what. Good luck to you and your DH in tomorrow's 12k!

Today I ran 10.1 miles, about 8:08 avg pace and felt good throughout. It sure is nice to be about done with this upper respiratory infection I've had. I hardly cough at all anymore and not too much after running. Yay for that! I ended up at the rec center on campus, took a shower then headed to work for some quiet time in the office. Got a LOT done. Should maybe do that more often... nah, maybe not! (although I might be back there tomorrow...)

Marathon Maniac #957

made some brownies for The Hub.  I get to go visit  tomorrow, and he asked me to bring him a treat.  I also printed up a couple of pics of the cats and one of me - just a little reminder of what he's fighting for. Smile

Smile

Mariposai - I'm sorry your kitty is sick.....Sad

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Mariposai, wow, congrats!! And good luck on your Sunday race too!

We went to Rita's last night after dinner for my free birthday ices. Not quite ice cream, but close enough. Smile

{{{Leslie & Shorty}}}

Marathon Maniac #957

My niece's birthday isn't until Tuesday, so this is the perfect weekend for her to celebrate. Me, I just get to celebrate the fact that she was born on my birthday 16 years ago. Smile

So, this means your birthday is Tuesday?  So how did you get the free birthday ices yesterdayWink

OrangeMat

MM #6177

So, this means your birthday is Tuesday?  So how did you get the free birthday ices yesterdayWink

Ha, I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that... yes, the coupon I received in my email said it was valid until the 3rd, so I figured last night was a good a time as any to redeem it... mint Oreo ices, once you get past the brain-freeze element, was yummy!