Masters Running

Tuesday 4/2/19 (Read 40 times)

...under the

''How 'Bout That Department''

managed to turn knee pain into BILATERAL knee pain

(where is my ''Stupid Ought To Hurt'' t-shirt?? )

=========

..40-min cycling....

make a list

of what I can tear up cycling

and

I'll ask you for it later

,,,,,,,,,,ps,,,,,,,,,,,

could be worse-

Pickles has

PF on one foot and Morton's Neuroma on the other foot

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Anzlo

Steve - Thank you for the start and fantastic summary !

Fatozzig - Thoughts with you on working out your inflammation issue, best of luck on identifying the culprit.

Today's workout, 5 miles of run/walk in a steady rain. Very wet when I finished, but glad I was out there just the same. I suppose the silver lining in only being able to do short distances now is that I won't get quite as drenched on steady rain days.

Have a good day runfolk !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

Henrun

Sunny warming morning before the nor’easter arrives tomorrow.Ran 4 on our river trails in shorts. Halfway through encountered Marj who doing a bike ride. Yoga this afternoon.

Chatty group today😊.

Tramps

Doug—Sorry for your loss. I’m far from the oldest but when my aunt died last year, she was the last of that generation on both sides of my family. It is a bit odd to realize the elders are gone.

Leslie—hope your new strategy leads to improvement.

TW—ugh. That’s not good.

I came across a cartoonist who does an “aliens trying to figure out earth” series called "Strange Planet", some of which are quite good. For you cat lovers:

Also, in this era of divisiveness, it is nice to see sports bring people together. At last night’s hockey game between rivals NY Rangers and NJ Devils—which are both weak teams that won’t be in the playoffs—fans for both teams united in chanting, “We both suck!”

Out for a 22 mile ride before the rain arrives. Brrrr...raw and chilly, though.

Be safe. Be kind.

Joe618

Today's workout, 5 miles of run/walk in a steady rain. Very wet when I finished, but glad I was out there just the same. I suppose the silver lining in only being able to do short distances now is that I won't get quite as drenched on steady rain days.

Have a good day runfolk !

Way to be out there, Anzlo!!   And, btw, don't be ashamed of run/walk.   It's an awesome way to prevent injury and I do a substantial part of my training on various run/walk ratios.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Wow! No one here since before 2?  Not that I have a run to report, but I do plan on an early night and TM in the morning.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

2.1 outside evening miles- dry air and 62 degrees.  5.6 miles for the day. 

I wonder if I would like retirement?  I really like the socialization I get from my job, but the day after day thing is getting to me.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Very sorry to hear about your uncle, Roch.

As my benchmark, I count the number of relatives who have ever seen me without my beard, and I think there are about 5, including DW, for whom I shaved it off for a day when we were dating.

How long did it take her to tell you to grow it back?

Turns out her husband (who dies of a heart attack at the beginning) had 4 wives, none of whom knew about each other. Great stuff.

You hear about this stuff all the time and I just don't get it.  I can barely put up with one.

April? You know what that means....hockey playoffs! 

Sorry about the Sabres and the Wild this year...

Hey!  I heard the Wild still have a 1% chance of making the playoffs!  If we Minnesota fans didn't have hope, we'd have nothing at all!

No run for me, today...just picked some weights up and put them back down a few times.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

roachrunner I am sure you will do your family proud with the eulogy you deliver.

SteveP they make some super powerful headlamps these days. You might want to see if one of them does better by you.

About the dark, around here runners are a minor problem. The bigger one is people returning from work at night walking from the train station or those home late walking their dog. Often they are dressed in all black! Long black coat with black pants or some similar outfit for the dog walkers. There are almost no street lights around where I live. I tell you it is nearly impossible to see these people at night until you nearly hit them.

My day started with a 6 mile run that started in the dark. I had on my "looks like a Christmas tree" outfit so there were no car problems. After that it was off to PT. My PT suggested that I start doing some speed work.  Now I have to admit, I do it on occasion but I hate it! Why does she want me to do some? As she rightly points out in a race I am going to stress the hamstring by running fast. She wants to start getting it in shape to do that. So in my case speed work should probably be in quotes since she wants me to do it at marathon pace. I will see about getting to the track this weekend to give it a shot.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

an amazing likeness

My day started with a 6 mile run ...

That is an amazing recovery story, so impressive. Nice to see!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Mike E

MM #5615

And his PT wants him to do speed work.  It really is incredible.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Sunny warming morning before the nor’easter arrives tomorrow.Ran 4 on our river trails in shorts. Halfway through encountered Marj who doing a bike ride.

With first real rain in over a month-or-more due tonight as the first of several Pacific "storms" arrives, I was planning taking advantage of a last summery day in the sun with either a three mile run up on the Hillside trails or Marj cycle around the island loop but, before I could decide where, DW reminded me the garden/yard needed some some spiffing up and getting a little bit more orderly from my last couple of days out there for when the gardeners come in to mow the lawn on Thursday.

About the dark, around here runners are a minor problem. The bigger one is people returning from work at night walking from the train station or those home late walking their dog. Often they are dressed in all black! Long black coat with black pants or some similar outfit for the dog walkers. There are almost no street lights around where I live. I tell you it is nearly impossible to see these people at night until you nearly hit them.

Same in Seattle, except worse because it's usually dark and raining too plus many wear black hoodies and rarely cross at intersections.  I even go around the blocks to have better visibility when turning left into the darkness before the headlights catch up instead of having to peer over the hood into the darkness to the right.   I forget what make/model but sure liked the idea of swivel headlights turning into the turn just before the wheels aimed in that direction.

twocat - be as fast as you can while you can.

Your younger days never come again.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

And his PT wants him to do speed work.  It really is incredible.

Yeah, right. Amazing recovery.

Nice running reports and chats today.

As for me. It was another nothingness of physical activity due to work and my left leg barking knee., the same knee injured a year ago. I call my doctor today, but it will be mid May before I can see her. I am hopping that a few days of total rest will make knee happy again.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Oh drat, sorry about the recurring knee issue, Mariposai. I suppose that thing will speak up every now and then but I hope not much.

Tramps, that's a great cartoon, I'll have to check out some more.

tomwhite, you're not allowed to have any more owies, ok? There, that's done. Hope Pickles is ok...

KSArunner, I don't know about you, but I'm counting down the days. The biggest issue for me is: go as soon as eligible? Or wait till next spring? The difference is Nov. 1 or May 1, 2020. I'm holding out for the latter cuz it means a slightly bigger benefit, but may decide my sanity is worth more.

Twocat, yay on the 6 miles and clearance for speedwork! You are doing great.

5.1 miles for me tonight with the last three miles at sub 8:20 pace. Felt pretty good, but I must confess to a slight downhill and tailwind for at least half of those faster miles. Leg felt ok, but it still has that "tight" feeling on the inside of the knee. Wish I could explain it better, but I can't so that's what we'll call it. Will be very happy when that goes away. Now it's gotten windy and chilly and that's gonna last the rest of the week, so I might be on the treadmill tomorrow.