Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 6.27.17 (Read 30 times)

....trouble with

PoolRunning is>>>>>>>>>when you see the ''Pool Closed'' Sign

meh

========================

...............try 'em again tomorrow

let you know how the ''Southern Biathalon'' goes  tomorrow

.................good running to ya

..........oh,ps,,,,

,runnerksa//,,,,showed Claire how to ''de-fizz'' a coke...............she LOVED IT

currently

driving her MiMi Crazy trying to find other things to de-fizz

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

flats

turtle runner eximious

It took me 24 hours to redo my run from yesterday, but I finally got in my 8.66+ miles in while wearing SPF 30. Blue skies as far as I could see . 8.86 total today.

Michael

spacityrunner

3.3 easy sunset miles around the workplace.  What a gorgeous evening here.  80f and low humidity...I'm in running heaven.

Trails Rock!

Mariposai

It took me 24 hours to redo my run from yesterday, but I finally got in my 8.66+ miles in while wearing SPF 30. Blue skies as far as I could see . 8.86 total today.

you have some explaining to do Smile

tomwhite, waiting for your pool running report tomorrow. The result of this also

"et you know how the ''Southern Biathalon'' goes  tomorrow"....hey, you posted, now you will have to report to us all Smile

Tramps, how is the bike search going?

Spacityrunner, you go runner, enjoy your hot and humid. As for my butterfly wings...I have to get up early to enjoy the cool running.

Tetsujin, what can I say, I love you. I love Spareribs too Smile.

The Easy Pacer and I are going thru Twocat withdrawal around here. We sure had an splendid 6 days with our running buddie. The more we get to know him and Mrs Twocat the more we are thankful for the running community which brought them to our lives. Them and many others here in this forum.

Here are the pictures of our last day adventure yesterday. No pictures of today since the Easy Pacer drove twocat across the Canadian border to take his plane to his conference.

First we ran to Omak Lake

Then we drove to heaven, no...just kidding, this is the Okanogan County Highland

Then I dragged twocat on a wild west hiking adventure.

Omak, Washington and the Mariposai hut is always ready for RunningAhead friends' visit. Who will be the next?

Today was 4 miles on the Clinic route. Solo.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

henrun/marge - one of the most sobering places I've ever been.

dave - do they still have that stuffy, dustry Ripley's museum at the falls?

Tramps - my autobiography
            . . . . . Chapter 1 - running (1977-2003)
            . . . . . Chapter 2 - jogging (2004-2008ve ) 
            . . . . . Chapter 3 - jogging/walking (2009-2013)
            . . . . . Chapter 2 - walking (2014-2015)
            . . . . . Chapter 3 - walking slow (2016-presryent)

KSA - sorry the ancient one is over on faceback for you to have another real runner's perspective but back in the seventies when you started running too and regular runners out just for fitness and fun weren't that common, waffle stompers were just being invented (and eschewed by some as too fancy and elitist, if not cheating to run faster than normal), we used to run in tennis shoes, gym shorts and baseball caps.  Once, during an early-morning outing in the land-of-the-midnight sun a little south of erika-land, the police stopped me as if I were running away from something (other than the risk of poor health).  
            As a lifelong recreational/fitness runner though, getting all garbed up as if I were a legitimate runner or something was kind of embarrassing at first so I wore long pants during my first race (a 5K). Later, in a local x-c race, a kindly high school kid confided that it was not only not a good idea to wear a long-sleeve shirt through the woods but running with a wallet and keys in the pockets of the Bermuda shorts I'd braved for the first time could inadvertently interfere with balance over the roots and rocks!
            ps nutrition - Hershey almond candy bars, raisins-and-peanuts
            as a modified gorp we used for skiing.
            pps hydration - same defizzed coke for me too.

As your DS ;probably knows, still an IM staple.

ppps waffle stompers - I still have my orange-and-yellow ones from 1977 and wore ‘em for a lap around the Hayward Field Track for the Boomer Reunion inaugural Eugene Marathon in 2007 down in Nike-land.  Kind of sorry I ran it barefoot instead Nike’ing the full marathon, especially when I was the recipient of one of the nastiest anti-barefoot  comments ever from an otherwise well-meaning matron out for a stroll on the bike path.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Then I dragged twocat on a wild west hiking adventure.

nancy - nice try for a faceplant out of twocat.

Send him over here next time. I'll try to track

down enke for another try,

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

It is too late for shout outs since it is Wednesday now an I am not in bed yet. Vacations do strange things like making old people stay up way Past their bedtimes.

The wind up up here was fairly calm near shore but the tubers had some good bumpy rides. It was kinda chilly in the boat though. My brother looks like an old man and it is sad to see him walking with a cane due to back issues. He couldn't even get into the boat to watch his GDD's on the tube.

We had a great day of hanging around the beach listening to those BOSE wireless Bluetooth speakers that my son has, gotta get one of those

Then tonigh The Resort  put on a Tiki beach party with a ptretty good band too. the were really pretty good and played about 2 hours and served fruit, wine, rum cake, watermelon and rum cake. Limbo contests were fun as we as the Hawaiian skirts , lais and coconut tops.  Hulu hoops were easy for the kids but me.

the waterskiing started 3:00 but the water was ice cold, maybe even still had ice in it think.! In order to ski you have to get wet. I was a wuss and wouldn't go out past my knees.

Card games are over and it is time to get to sleep. I started. The day with a short three miles then found a good spot for my beach chair.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Marathon Maniac #957

Mariposai - great pictures - you sure live in a lovely place!  You and Easy Pacer sound like wonderful hosts.

Starr - sounds like the family reunion is going well, other than the cold water.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Great pictures-  and good memories, tetsu!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth