Masters Running

Newbies - the new thread (Read 905 times)

Real quick post then I need to go get ready for the Potter premier at midnight. Yes, I am a geek.

Mike, kudos to her son. Awesome job. We call them Oly's.

1.5 mile swim in the lake yesterday. Longest swim yet and fastest. I felt good like I was moving a lot of water. When I got on shore I felt so worn out like I could sleep all day on the beach. Good feeling.

Swim class today. My instructor said I perfected the freestyle and breaststroke. But he said my fly was ugly. Well at least I have things to work on.

Hello to all.

Eliz, pics when you can.

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Hi everyone.  I am happy to brag that I have completed Week 5 of C25K.  That week took me 6 weeks!    I just stuck in there, and modified it, and so on Sunday, I did 20 min. continuous running .  Not fast, but not walking, either.  Yesterday I went on to Week 6, Day One. 

dg - Econo loves any cat.  She is owned by the biggest kitty I have ever seen - a big lover kitty at that.  Glad to hear you are back at doing some running.  Hey, since I can't see your log - how the heck do I know what you are "getting back to"?    Yep, I am a log lurker.  

Off to do a 5K in the town I was born in, and lived in for many years,  with DD1.   Looking forward to it, but a little concerned about the heat, and figuring out how the course goes.  The on line map makes little sense.  I am trying to memorize it before I go.   

Good runs to you all.    Woods Lady

dg.

Laurie... I meant to mention before, that's a great picture.     Potter premier?  how was it?    (uh... does this mean I'm not a geek?? Wink )   Very nice swim!

Ok, Woods Lady, just for you.   I've never been much beyond where I am now as far as mileage, (though that's just gotten back up recently)  but I used to be at least faster.  Not fast, but more so than now.  A series of really stupid injuries have taken their toll, but I think maybe perhaps possibly I'm starting to get better.  The last few runs have been nice. (mta... here's a log link)

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/aa4a34ab3d1d4f4296df390a87fa0ebf/authenticate?password=ellipse

Funny, my DD is owned by a very big lover kitty too. 

Good luck in your 5K!   the heat would make it tough.  Have you looked at the street view of the course? 

I'm supposed to run a 5K next weekend, but can't find one that I want to do.  oh... congrats on your 20 min. run!  I remember my first 2 miles.  (don't know how long it took).  I was on cloud 9.

6.2 miles today with 400 meter intervals, & 6.?? miles yesterday with some other stuff in there, both went ok but I've overdone just a little.  really though, just a little. 

glad you're back on your feet, Mike.  I'm so glad it went well!

Hi Roberta!

Frances, that happens to me all the time.  makes me mad, then I start writing posts in notepad or something.  Then I get lazy, post here, & lose it again.

(((Linda)))....  sigh.   well, I'm glad the pain isn't really really awful.    

Eliz, hope you really are ok after your unplanned flight. 

lswife

Where'd my post go? Oh, well, I'll type it again . . .

Week 3 of C25K went perfectly, but week 4 is impossible. So I'm making up week 3 and a half to ease into week 4.

Doctor was right - if I don't increase speed or stride or TM incline, I'm doing much better and am enjoying running again without injury. That is, after about 10 minutes of a mind game: "This is stupid" and "I'm dying" and "I have too much to do to waste time running."  Then I enjoy it. Doctor also told me to get daily exercise (a must for diabetics to help control blood glucose) whether running or walking fast or water aerobics. 

Labor Day, when DD and I run a 5K, is looming on the horizon. She wants me not to set a PW as I did last year (personal worst).

Roberta

Thanks, dg.    Looks impressive to me.  Sorry about the various injuries.  What is with that?  I have fallen three times, but no injuries, thank goodness - well a scratch or two.    I did see stars the first time, though.   And my hand landed right next to a pile of bear poop.  Yuk!   All three times I was comming down a woods trail as fast as I could, and not paying 100% attention.

So glad you are doing better.   So are you training for a marathon or ?, and what are your goals for the summer and fall?  Snoopy, what say?   Have a good rest of the week!    Woods Lady

"This is stupid" and "I'm dying""

Oh NO. We'll have no negative self talk. Does nothing good for you. Remember what is impossible today is possible tomorrow. Baby steps if we have to. But we all get there. When I started swimming again I was in awe at people doing mile long swims. Now I am doing one and half mile swims and feel that longer is right around the corner.

Potter was good as usual. NOt too many geeks dressed up this year. Too bad. I like the geeks. I had a psuedo date. A guy from the kayak club asked to go with me and he's not even a Potter fan. If youre going to see the movie first see all the prequels then watch the new release.

Woods. Ewe. At least you missed the bear poop.

Congrats to both Woods and L's on moving up a week. Keep it up. You'll get there. Remember we all started out like you are.

Leg is really doing good. I can feel a sharp pain near the tear. No more dull leg pain or aches around my hips or knees. Change in pain is good. I think that means its healing.

Maybe someday I will rejoin you guys as a runner.

Good luck Linda.

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.