Masters Running

Sunday the 8th runs (Read 347 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Larry, untill now, I kept waiting for my pain to come back...it's not.You my fren said it like it is....I am back. Very good run for you too, really! WTG Holly...you my dear Fren, inspire me to run (glad I had you to talk to about my "non" dates) Mary, even though you are a slacker, lol. GF, nice run today...you too motivate me to run. Steve, with joy I want to say....greta job to you, and you have helped me MORE than ya know...waaaaay more than you know, thanks. You should write a book about running...it would be a "best seller" Injuried, stay the course and be patient...can't believe I can say that, really. Karin, sooo very glad you are back running...and here at RA. You are also a sweet person that has helped me more than you know...thank you with all my heart. Leslie...you are too funny. Tet my tapering buddie, I am still trying to figure out what the heck you are saying half the time...thanks buddie....you my good fren too, helped me through 3 months of "non" running. Tampster....a GGTK TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

dg.

Tim, ha! I'll have to ask him. Nice runs, Walter, Gordon ( as usual calling so much attention to yourself) There are going to be too many to list, I just know it. Blanket kuddos. Thanks Meg. You... are just so fast. but we love you anyway. Shorts & daffodils. Smile. Helen, glad you could laugh with me! & a nice run for you, especially after your 10.9. Holly great job! How's your DH?... How are you? Mary, I'm so impressed! I was thinking about your post the other day... does that mean puppies by May?? (I know, I could figure it out if I went back & looked). I'm so glad Brinkley is ok. Teresa, great on both accounts. Karin, good for you. And your kiddo definitely gave you reason to be proud. Tramps, Shocked. Big grin. 10:01 miles on the track, wasn't pretty, (and also not as impressive as gordon's!) but it's done. I think my polar is losing it. mile 1 was 10:19. mile 3 was 9:02. mile 2 was 11:45?? w/ average hr 85? My only guess is that it just stopped for a bit, I don't know. Best estimate, 9:33 average pace, 7:55 max, ahr 166, max 186. The early miles were pretty good, the 9:02, 9:10, 9:12, later I just got tired & ran to finish. 9:23, 9:49, 9:28. Then 25 min. on the elliptical, upper body weights, stretched, & melted in the whirlpool.
      munchkn883

Decided since I somehow tripped yesterday, turning my left big toe under my foot and then coming down on it that walking any distance was not in my best interest. My toe is black & blue & swollen a little. Really don't think it is broken, but I did pull anything that was holding the top together! Sure hope I can get through my half next Sunday.
        TammyinGP

went for a short and slow 2.4 mile run with the dogs this afternoon. Returned home about 5 min before the rain started.

Tammy

A really hard as in slow 11.2 miler due to a 2nd day severe D.O.M.S. from a gym workout last Fri. Alex
            I'm in the same boat, thanks for posting, I feel a bit less dumb. What was I thinking? I see a PT who wants me to strengthen my hamstrings, but not all at once, I now realize. (I've been an Aries for all these decades, you'd think I'd have learned something by now but no.......). And I only did 6+, not 11! Greta race, Tramps! jules, very interesting post. Hope your daughter is safe and well. Ribs, are you heading toward a half soon? One of my running club chums heads off to Iraq tomorrow. For a year. We ran a bit today. Sad grins to you all, A
            Masters 2000 miles
            stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Sunday all. I just watched the replay of Shalane Flanagan set the American indoor record in the 5K. Amazing race with a photo finish the the Ethiopian woman winning by 5/1000 of a second Shocked They make it look so effortless. I should have gone down and watched it in person. Black eye Gordon--the soul of brevity Wink Teresa--very fast son. Deb--I guess discretion is the better part of valor--but it doesn't always get rewarded. Ouch. Max and I celebrated the spring -like weather and went out for the first walk in quite awhile. Felt like hard work, but nice to be out.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Hill Runner

Good evening folks, Lots of good running out there today. It's good to see Karin running again and SR back in double digits. I've been sick with the Flu all week. I ran 18 last Sunday and 10 on Tuesday so I don't think that I'm losing too much right now...getting some rest anyway. I'm starting to feel better so the worst is over. I had to attend our annual property owners association meeting today and it went surprisingly well...no arguements...in fact they asked us to take home the unused BEER....I was more than happy to help them with that request. I've got almost a case of Coors & Heineken...Big grin Good runnin' to everyone.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Maniac 505

((((((Munch's toe))))))) hope it heals up quick 15 dead slow miles today gives me 52 for the week, My first 50+ mile week in over a year. It is great to be back. Dave
                  dg.

thanks Kevin. I'm glad you got out with Max! (hey, at least... discretion. progress! ) Divechief, Smile. (((Munch))) Aamos, not all at once?? Wish I would have known that. Big grin. you made me feel better too. so... i can blame it on being an Aries? whoot.
                    xor

26.2 mile training run that was a full 30 minutes slower than my race last weekend and it feels like someone beat me with a hammer. I had to take a multiweek siesta in Dec and Jan for various reasons... and it would seem that the effects of that showed up on the second weekend; I didn't recover from the first weekend like I'm used to. Specifically, a ball peen hammer.

King of PhotoShop

Ribs, are you heading toward a half soon? A
                        Amy, I am slowing building mileage and LR's and it is going very slowly, but I am happy with the progress and on schedule. The Saint signed up for the White Rock half marathon in March and I told her I would run it with her, but it is not a half I am pointing to, just an extended LR. I won't be able to train until late this year at the best. So for now it's just slow miles. I don't mind telling all of you it drives me nuts, but it is the only way to grow and not get hurt. Tonight I roasted a duck, which I haven't done in quite some time, and mentioned it on FB. This led to many duck comments and jokes. My favorite came from my son Prime Rib, who asked: How do you make a duck sing? Roast it until its bill withers. Spareribs

Maniac 505

Tonight I roasted a duck, which I haven't done in quite some time, and mentioned it on FB. This led to many duck comments and jokes.
                          So a duck walks into a bar, oh never mind. long time since a roasted a duck (probably since I last shot one) but after eating Peking duck in Peking China, I had to try to find a way to do it. probably not really authentic, but I found a recipe that think was an acceptable facsimile, The last time I made it was probably 20 years ago, After the Carbonara thread the other day, maybe I will dig out my Peking Duck recipe one of these days??? Dave
                          evanflein

Sounds like several of us had difficult runs today. Add me to the bunch. 17 miles, 2:32:35, 8:59 avg pace (with more 9+ miles than I care to see again), temp about 1F, overcast with icy flurries. This run was hard from the beginning. Legs were tired from yesterday's hills (and longer-than-planned distance), and the footing was less than ideal with that dry, crunchy, sand-like snow over ice or hardpack. We've had snow in fluffy flurries lately, but no plowing in the past week. I think I could've used some Gu, water, beans, bananas or something about halfway thru. My legs were done by mile 11, and I forced the last 6 miles and towards the end I was taking lots of walk breaks to get through it. By mile 16, I was one mile away from my car and 2 miles shy of my goal of 18. I decided enough was enough, and jogged to the car with hands getting cold and legs wanting to cramp up and quit. Glad that's over, even with one mile less than goal. Oh well. Gives me 52.5 for the week, third increase week in a row. Time for a cutback week, which I'll gratefully accept.

Maniac 505

I learned something running related just a couple seconds ago. education is always good both GU and Hammer pouches can survive a trip through the wash without leaking. I'm not brave enough to try running them through the dryer Roll eyes Erica, nice runs, I am such a wimp, I wake up and see it is 36 ยบ I figure I will wait till 1:00 so I can run at 40+ Dave

Marathon Maniac #3309

Only did 7 today, plan was for 16 but mentally was just not up for it. And my stomach started to hurt. Ok, I am just lazy, that is the long and short of it. I had a pint of beer last night. It was greta, but I definitely had more palpitations afterward at bedtime as a result so I don't know how often I will be doing that. Holly, impressive run. I'm thinking long-term too, like maybe a fall marathon. I'm just not getting the mileage in right now to prepare adequately for a spring mary.
                                ] Enke, just wanted to say that I had the same "heart stuff" going on today. No biggie, as I have learned to live with it. To my new pal...pun intended, if ya know what I mean. May not have been the run you planned, but still you did more than 99% of the population did today....good job. And plan for a Marathon and GO for it!!!... TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!