Masters Running

Some things are worth weighting for (Read 593 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hey Kevin - did you see the national news last week where they did a story on obesity in America? There are so many calories in a Five Guys bacon cheeseburger that you could eat TWO McDonald's quarter pounders for the same calories. Calorie count for that Five Guys bacon cheesburger and an order of fries? I think they said close to 3,000.

This would probably account for the fact that I was still not hungry at 10:30pm when iI got back from the airport  But it sure did taste great.  And I shared my fries.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

I am a gazelle today.  

Tamster - you are a gazelle every day....

Leslie - if the normal range is 18.5 - 24.9, than you are right smack in the middle of normal and healthy. 

Jlynne - 31 miles at 80-85 calories burned per mile = 2480-2635 calories to spend.  So,

800 calories extra in carbs the day before

1,100 calories for oatmeal & raisins, banana, coffee before the race, 5 gels, gatorade during the race

750 calories for 2 slices of pizza after race

2650 calories total.

And that's not counting the wine I'll have that evening.

I'm the only one I know who can run a 50K and GAIN weight......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I'm the only one I know who can run a 50K and GAIN weight......

You and me both, sweetheart.  It's a depressing phenomena.  *sigh*

And 3000 calories in a certain burger and fries?!?  Good lord a-mighty!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

And 3000 calories in a certain burger and fries?!?  Good lord a-mighty!

Not even running a 50K would burn that off.

drat!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

sure it would Holly - although would you even want to run that much just to burn off a greasy burger and yucky fries?

I burn off a little more than 100 cals per mile (big girls like me can burn a bit more . . . I mean big Gazelle girls  ), so during a marathon, I can burn off about 3000 calories (that's what my garmin says although I realize there's a bit of wiggle room there). 

Tammy

evanflein

Holly, don't forget your basic metabolic burn for the entire day, so you do have more room.

Holding steady at an "almost gazelle-like" 139. I've found being too busy and stressed at work to have my regular snacks seems to help, but I'm always starving by the time dinner comes around.

Welcome, Larry! This thread is good for some motivation but seems to be a lot of commiserating lately.

Beginner all over again

I'll join ya..............

I haven't lost a pound since Christmas.  How's that for...yuck..!..

I'm short !     so here are my numbers .........

Currently  119 lbs

Ideal BMI  101 lbs

I cannot figure out The Eating thing.  Eat too much, toggle up and down a pound.  Eat too little, get hungry and Binge....again, toggle up one pound and down again.

This is getting complicated!!!

my weight is in a frustrating place right now too -- i'm short (almost 5'3") but way the same and probably more than most of you who are 4 and 5 inches taller than me!  i just cant seem to get it together - down 3lbs up 3 lbs constant yoyo - have to keep working on it!

denise

evanflein

Well, I made rhubarb crisp for dessert tonight. Only DS2 and I really like it. uh oh... Haven't run since Saturday due to smoke and other things to do (as in: the garden).

Marathon Maniac #957

I probably shouldn't have weighed myself this morning, after going to a cookout last night.  Alcohol consumption always encourages me to eat more....