Masters Running

2's Day 3/10 Stormy Weather Runs and Suchh (Read 541 times)

PJH

Mid-afternoon run in cool, drizzly weather - 6.4 mi ... 60 mins ... 9:26 pace ... 150 hr ... followed by my normal stretching routine. Lots of talk about TO ... north of the border TO normally refers to TOronto. The Bills will be playing in Toronto sometime this year though so I guess TO is coming to TO. Is it worth getting tickets? Erika - enjoy Vegas ... sounds like fun. Aamos - thanks for the update. Good running everyone! PJ

Marathon Maniac #3309

I'm kidding you Tim. You have nothing on Terrell Owens. But I am sure going to call you T.O. the next time I catch you doing something crazy. Spareribs
      OK, I get it now...and if I deserve it...TO it is. TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Thanks for the update Amy...hopeful news indeed and you are right Erika---a great reminder. I am in the Philly airport now (plane is here, but the crew is not.....Angry )and will have to wait to hug my sweetie, but I'll certainly be sure to. Great photo Nonoruns! It's perfect and symbolizes how I feel when I am running even if my center of gravity is much lower now. Monday and Tuesday morning runs at zero dark thirty in Marietta, Ohio for me----4 miles each. Home tonight and then on the train bright and early for a day in NYC tomorrow. Go UConn Women! CNYrunner
          What?......<rubbing> .....Is it football season all ready? Yee Haw!! Tim.....back away from the 5K.....I repeat....Back away from the 5K. Tongue</rubbing>
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          wildchild

Carolyn

Glad to hear Bill, Lou, and PDR made it back from their respective skiing trips in good shape. I haven't been skiing since December, as the conditions haven't been very good when I've had a day free to go. I guess living in Colorado, we get kind of spoiled, and won't go if the conditions aren't good. Actually there have been some days that would have been great skiing, but either I had to work or had other obligations - like last Saturday it snowed, but my DD was sick. Aamos, thanks for the update on Crissy and Kevin. I'm sending them some more blue sky and sunshine from my run today! I'll have to wait till tomorrow to hug my honey - he's been away working in Moab for 10 days but will be home soon. I've been politely ignoring the football talk, so carry on without me. Smile 4 easy miles this afternoon around the golf course next to the office. It snowed just enough last night to cover the grass and keep the golfers away, but the cart paths have melted clear. Not super fast, 10:50 avg pace, but the golf course is all rolling hills. I felt sproinkier than I've felt in over a week, so I really enjoyed the run. Almost 40° and sunny, with a bit of wind.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

SR, send Tobias to us Cool. Really. Who takes care of Tobias when you go to take care of your dad? Your dad is a lucky man to have caring kids and a loving spouse. Thanks for the update Amy. I keep sending daily prayers their way. Life is so precious, isn't it? That is the reason why I try to live life at it's fullest every day...one never knows what the next minute may bring. Have fun down south Erika...I think you are bringing the cold weather my way. Enjoy the sunshine. Gordon, thinking of you my friend. You know, I sure miss VISTA...he had his way with words of wisdom. ribs, ribs, ribs, what am I going to do with you?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Erika wrote...
                Lots of nice runs here for several of us... except what happened to Evryday!?? You ok?
                Yep, I'm ok....just ran out of gas. Tongue 3 recovery miles for me this evening. Taking a much needed cut back week. Thought it was a nightmare, Lo, it's all so true, They told me, "Don't go walking slow 'Cause Devil's on the loose." Better run through the jungle, Better run through the jungle, Better run through the jungle, Woa, Don't look back to see.
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Hill Runner

Good evening all, I missed my morning run & felt bad about it all day but I was up 'til all hours last night and early this morning playing with 4 networked computers. I installed Vista Ultimate on everyting and had some snags with BIOS setting/hard drive issues...what else is new when you're working on computers? But ir feels so good when you get everything solved. I really like Vista...ulfortunately one of my boxes has only 500MB of PC3200 RAM & insn't supposed to be running VISTA.....it's a little sluggish but working right now until the additional RAM arrives. I'm definitely getting my sorry butt out there early tomorrow morning. Good runs everyone!

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                  Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                  Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Late post for me just getting home Shocked, 4 miles easy pace 9:15 average. 37:00 total Big week at work for me and not a lot of time until after Thursday night but I will get all my runs in one way or the other. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Marathon Maniac #3309

After dinner I took my oldest DD out for a manual transmission lesson in Tim, do you guys do clutch work Roll eyes
                      LOL, I totally missed this...good luck with that Slo. Man, I all of a sudden have the "triathlon fever" in me. I really don't think too much about it till I read your posts. 3 sports - bike, run, and swim....I love doing all three, and being able to "toast myself" but still have one the disiplines to rely on to carry me through...cycling is the one. Thanks Buddie...I have a 1/2 IM planned, and I am getting jacked up about some sprint and Olympic distance Tri's this year. My quickest 1/2 IM is 5:28, but would like to get that closer to 5:15. My swim sucks...I normally ave about 23 mph on the bike (pass whole bunch of fast swimmers), then my 1/2 M run is so so..my run would be different now. Good luck with the manual tranny thing, and your Tri race season... and a few beers at the finish!!!..cheers, the beer is on me Fren Timbo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning Everyone, 8 miles easy for me today in 1:17:42.82 (9:43/mi). I felt strong today and I feel like I am going to have a good race on Sunday. Speaking of Sunday's race, Ilene: I hope I can meet up with you at the race. I guess Drom and her husband will be there as well. Should be a greta RA day! Good run today Timbo, looks like you are on your way back to top form. Hope to see you back at 40/40 really soon. Have a great day runners, Bruce
                        Thanks Bruce...sooo very nice to see ya posting here again...missed ya bud. 40/40, I am sooo very there. WTG to you! TimmyBo

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

My AT survived another Tuesday interval workout. We did 8x1000m with 2mins off between. I kept it pretty consistent at 3:35 - 3:40, but skipped the last one to stay safe. Thanks for the feedback twocat. The 305 seems like such a big screen/gizmo where the 405 looks closer to a watch. I definitely need to do something as I accidently deleted my workout tonight as I finished....argh.
                          -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                          also on Twitter