Masters Running

I did it, I finally did it! (Timbo's Tri Cities Marathon RR) (Read 335 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Oh yeah......could someone translate what Tet posted, and get back to me. Hey buddie, I am not "tapering" with Ya for another 3 months (grins) You are a Great Guy Tet.....thanks!!! (you and Twocat really did help me through a tough time, in a fun way to me)

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Tim, Tet wants you to do an IronMan.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Thanks for an inspiring report Tim (thanks Holly for posting).

Congratulations on BQ and excellent time

Oh yeah......could someone translate what Tet posted, and get back to me.  

I think he said you're pregnant.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thnax brimger

everyday - that's hollySmile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Unbelievably fast and well done Tim! What's next? 50 miler? 100 miler?

Way to go. Rest up now and I'll forward to the next PRs that you will no doubt knock down soon.

Mariposai

Only a Timbo can say the following....

"Mile 13 through mile 20 went through like  a breeze.......what happens
                during those miles, and why do they seem to fly by? I mean really, it's
                like a zone I get into that feels really greta.....do you all go through
                that too?
                "

While in training I do go thru those zones....but not during racing.

Timbo...I had to read your story twice just to capture the magnitud of your accomplisment. Great job Timbo...and yes...I must agree with Ribs..

a 3:15 is somewhere within you!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Well that was fun!

Nice training and nice running.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and congratulations on a wonderful win!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

SteveP

I gotta tell ya Tim, you had me cracking up a few times. You've worked hard, listen to experts and it's paid off. In a race that size, 1st AG is well earned.

SteveP