Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 1.24.18 (Read 43 times)

evanflein

Hi All. Still here, nursing a sore leg but actually I do think it's getting better so not so sure it's a stress fracture but maybe a ligament thing. Still not sure why the hard surface NYC running would've made it come to a head though, pain wise. Oh well.

Question for those of you (twocat and Jlynne, for starters) who do an hour on the elliptical. I've been doing the elliptical for years but never for an hour. I think 45 minutes was my max and I was just gassed after that. What sort of program or resistance do you use? I typically do 2 minutes easy, 2 minutes moderate, 2 minutes hard, rinse and repeat for however long. Last night was 35 minutes and I was just about wobbly when done. So I'd like to know how you guys are doing it.

Poor Mia, but she's got the breeding to be a challenge. Many pitbulls are very sweet dogs, but they've got some pretty strong tendencies, such as killing chickens and attacking other dogs. Just hope it's not a child at some point. But yes, I hope she can get re-homed successfully.

Hope you guys are enjoying the moderating temperatures, as we're stuck in the -17 to -30 range thing. But hey, we crossed over 6 hours of daylight, so spring is coming!

32 minutes of pool running today.

A quick 5 miles for me as I got a late start. Healing vibes to all in need and happy running.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Jay - three miles

In the "no-excuse-is-too-feeble-to-get-outside-even-when-the-weather-is-doing-what-it-does-when-you're-not-supposed-to-be-doing-what-I-did-anyway" when I went outside for three mile RT to the post office.  Fortunately, since the post office is a building I was going to and not just out in the rain getting miserable for the sake of running for running's sake, thanks to the "going-to-a-building" exception to running rule no. one not to run in the rain, I should still be in twocat's good graces as I always have been.

FIRST CLASS STAMPS UP TO 50¢.

At least I found out that the price of a first class stamp went up a penny on Sunday to 50¢. I wonder how many others of us hadn't heard about the increase either.  Back in college days it seemed so odd an amount to pay when the air mail stamps to Alaska went up from 6¢ to 7¢ that we used the 3¢ overland mail via the Alaska Steamship Company for a while. I guess too many people are using e-mail, etc. for anyone to notice anymore.  Hmmm, maybe that's why so many old people at the PO, at least out here in the PNW.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

C-R

Quick post before my next flight takes off.

4 miles without a gps in Alamogordo today. Nice conditions but would have loved to run in the hills where we had our meeting. Although it was over 9000’. Saw a herd of elk.

Night all and heal heal up who needs it.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, quick post.  8 miles today at an easy pace.  Taught spin after work.

Have a great night everyone!

spacityrunner

3 miles under a setting sun in near perfect weather.

Trails Rock!

Mariposai

Howdie everyone! I was gone for 4 days to our state capital last week and I have been trying to catch up at work ever since.

My knee's ouchie is going to require a long recovery time...so for now... no running in the near future, but I can do elliptical  and all the gym diva weight exercise I want or have time for .

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Holly, I hope you get past that hurdle soon.

Dave59, there seems to always be a person who won't shut up and go away.

Thanks for the input about Mia. Our airport had a dog that chased wildlife off the property. He passed about two weeks ago. What a good job for a dog. I sent a resume on Mia's behalf.

SteveP

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 at lunch, the same after work.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18