Masters Running

browsing the Boston globe (Read 208 times)

Maniac 505

for local news on one of our favorite races. I thought this link was kind of amusing. a different take on race statistics. http://multimedia.boston.com/tn/17/sports.htm?bctid=20254235001

Maniac 505

WOW, also browsing the Boston globe site, they said this is the 1000'th race for Rick and Dick Hoyt!

Maniac 505

OOps, hate to keep responding to myself, that is not the link I thought I was posting, I will see if I can find what I was trying to post, otherwise I will delete this thread. sorry for wasting your time. Dave

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I hope everyone doesn't go to bed as early for the partying part of the Seattle Rock'n'Roll. Not too sure about the linking stuff but I'll never get enough of the Hoyts' accomplishments and finding out that this year's Boston Marathon was their number 1000. From their first event in 1977, as of August 31, 2008, they had participated in a total of 984 events, including 229 Triathlons (6 of which were Ironman competitions), 20 Duathlons, and 66 Marathons, including 26 Boston Marathons. They have also biked and run across the USA, in 1992 — a 3,735 mile journey that took them 45 days.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

coastwalker

The Hoyts are truly amazing and inspiring! I was surprised to learn that Dick was not a runner before he started running with Rick, and has never done a race (any kind of a race) without Rick. I saw them yesterday at Boston, and they were struggling a bit up a slight hill (and into a headwind) at the 10-mile mark. But they were still going, and they went on to a fast finish for their 1000th race. They are both incredible people. If you ever get a chance to read their book ("It's Only A Mountain"), you should. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dive - no time wasted. Thanks for the link!

flomotioncoaching.com