Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 8/31/08 (Read 456 times)

70.2 miles this week for me. It wasn't really a step back week, but a week of work and an upside down schedule. I'll be sure to post the weeks' details in more formal fashion next week and beyond. Only 80 more miles and I'll have 2,000 miles on the year. I am feeling good still with just a few more weeks of monster miles and then tapering and then the marathon on 10/19. Oh no! Hermosaboy! I am worrying about you---get healed soon. Karin/CNYrunner
    HermosaBoy

70.2 miles this week for me. It wasn't really a step back week, but a week of work and an upside down schedule. I'll be sure to post the weeks' details in more formal fashion next week and beyond. Only 80 more miles and I'll have 2,000 miles on the year. I am feeling good still with just a few more weeks of monster miles and then tapering and then the marathon on 10/19. Oh no! Hermosaboy! I am worrying about you---get healed soon. Karin/CNYrunner
      Well, went to urgent care this morning -- it's official -- two cracked ribs. Not much to do for it, ice and ibuprofen. He said I should be back in a week. Better now than in two weeks when I start the official training for Houston.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Hey Hermosaboy---I am glad you went to urgent care and got confirmation and some medical attention. I am so sorry though---I suppose a cyber-hug is still safe ((((((Rob's ribs)))))))) since a real one would HURT! Be careful now, eh? CNY

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Holly, hope the tendoniitis goes away soon. I think I might have some too on the calf. Recovery week and just in time as my left leg has been barking softly, Mon - 6 mi Recovery (6 mi at 9:00 pace left leg has sore spot, feels like bone)) Tue - REST (done, grudgingly) Wed - 9 mi with 6x600m repeats (10.6 mi with 5 x 3 min hard+ hill attacks) Thu - 11 mi m-LR (11 mi on flat terrain at 9:30 pace) Fri - 6 mi recovery (6 mi at 9:15 pace) Sat - 9 mi GA (8 mi at 8:56) Sun - 14 mi m-LR (15 hilliy hazy muggy wanna puke miles leg better than Monday but still bothersome) Total: 55 actual 56.6 mi bad week, hope the leg issue resolves soon

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Thanks Holly...I'm sure you'll be over 40 pretty soon Hermosa! sorry to hear about your ribs...at least running isn't a contact sport! I'm back from vacation and my groin pull seems to have recovered. Since I didn't post my plan first, I'll just list actuals :-) M - rest T - 10mi ez W - 5mi ez T - 13mi w/lots of hills F - 5mi ez S - 10mi at marathon pace S - 23mi at 45-60 seconds off pace Total = 66miles... woo hoo...Hartford here i come!
            -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
            also on Twitter
            HermosaBoy

Hermosa! sorry to hear about your ribs...at least running isn't a contact sport!
              Tell that to the High School cross country runners. In KeeMan's race on Friday, he tried to pass another runner and got drilled in the chest with an elbow. Shocked

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Thanks Holly Mon1 – 7 miles at 8:25 pace Mon2 – 4 at 8:15 Tue – 6 at 8:28 Wed – 8 at 8:24 Thu – 7 at 8:31 Fri – 8 at 8:32 Sat – 9 miles including 3.06-mile club race in 19:08 (6:15, 6:15, 6:15, 0:23) Sun – 16 at 8:08 Total – 65 miles
                Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

Ultrachick

It's been a crazy week for me too-I have a plan but life got inthe way and it was changing day by day. Mon-Off Broke my streak of running everyday since July 27 Tues-4.1 5k trail race with little warm-up, should have been 8 for the day Wed-9 Should have been 12 but my heel started talking to me Thurs-3 Completed at 7:30pm-almost needed a light, should have been 8 Fri-8 Nice run since didn't hardly run all week Sat-20 To make up lost miles Sun-30 Last big back-to-back long runs Total- 74 I have an 11 week streak of at least 20 miles for my long run, I reached a monthly mileage PR at 336m, I just crossed over 1900 for the year and I'm 3 weeks out from my first 100 mile race-the Iroqois Trail 100. I'm going to Utah on Wednesday to catch up with my SO Jack who is running in the Wasatch Front 100 on Sept 6 and we're not coming back!........until Sept 11. I don't know if I'll be anywhere near a computer while we're there. Kelly
                  If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.