Masters Running

Wednesday, 2.15.17 (Read 37 times)

3.2 drenching miles.  My shoes were squishing by mile 2.  Three top layers soaked through.  Felt like I had just got out of a pool when I got home.  But still, the music was nice and I got a small workout in.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Starr - Happy Anniversary!

I am a two-sink gal.  I like to have one to fill with soapy water and the other to rinse off.

Re: home repair - when you walk in our front door, there are 7 steps up or 7 steps down, because we live in a bi-level.  For years, since we put oak treads and tile backs to the stairs, we have had no railing.  So, coming down from above, you could conceivably have a bad fall if you slipped off to the right.  We finally made the decision to get this done, and we want to have black wrought iron with an oak hand rail that wraps around and then attaches to the wall on the way down.  I knew it would likely be pricey, being a custom job and wrought iron, which is always a bit expensive, but was not quite ready for the $2500 quote.  However, my dad tells me that is a realistic price for what we are asking. And the picture does look beautiful.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

catwhoorg

Labrat

12 bike miles in rather strong wind at the end of the day

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 10 miles, tonight, with 7 being at tempo pace.  It was hard...and it hurt...but I got it done.  Then I had to wolf down a sandwich and get to confirmation class.

Okay--that's it.  Gotta get to bed.  I'm beat.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Heavy afternoon rain had faded away so much by the time

I got started back, two guys were running in their t-shirts.

Looked kind of funny with regular long pants, though.

Fortunately, got enough rain in the last mile

that the weatherman's round-up described

it same as running through fire hoses.

Should be more challenging tomorrow

if predicted 40mph winds materialize.

We'll see

I have to say, SNL is really getting some good material out of the political stuff.  Have you seen the skits of Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer?  She is hilarious!  Regardless of your political leanings, they are putting out some funny stuff.

I couldn't all those years when I had one but, even if I had a tv now,

I couldn't stay awake that late.  However, some of the radio snippets

are truly hilarious.  Just hope, if at all possible, we can keep on laughing. . . .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Sorry for your fall Wednesday, Jay. Stoopid gravity.

Hi Hally.

Roch, sinks double bowl. Toilets single bowl.

Holly, Heaven help DD's opponents.

Leslie, a sit/stand desk should be standard.

Tet, seeing the large birds is always a delight.

This was the first Valentines Day I've been away from DW. I know it's a silly made up holiday. I was delighted when one of the kids helped out. DW got a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos that were just barely past the experation date. I'm usually more frugal than that.

Thank you you for the vibes regarding Dad. His butt is extremely kicked. We went to the surgeon today. He said Dad is recovering well and it's going to take months to feel right. That's not what he wanted to hear.

8 miles on very appreciated trails Tuesday. Rest day for Wednesday.

SteveP