Masters Running

TGIF... March 18th Runs and Chatter ...... (Read 506 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning and Happy Friday!!

Stage Zero are two wonderful words to read this morning ..... great news OM!!   Sounds like you have a great doctor too!

Nice to see Mustang Sally grace us with her lovlieness last night.

I can't wait to read TwoCat's recipe too.

Larry - you are speedy!!!   Congratulations on the hardware.    You'll be done and on your way home after 5/3rd before I finish!  Wink

Nothing for me this morning.   I forced myself out for my 2 mile walk with B'Nellie last night as I really didn't feel like it .... maybe it was the glass of wine?   But as always, enjoyed it once we got going.    Then home for another glass of wine and an evening of relaxation.

Cheers!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning Mary!

A Mustang Sally sighting - YAY!  I sure miss that lady….

Twocat – thanks – I was able to print the recipe.

Nono – sounds good, but I don’t have a bread maker.

Orange Mat – Stage Zero is an excellent rating! 

{{{Little Will}}}  New babies are an adjustment, for sure.

Divechief – I have heard of lots of folks who have heart murmurs but it doesn’t seem to affect their lives - hopefully yours will be in this category.

Halllar – congratulations on 2nd AG!

Mariposai – nice progression run!  I didn’t see any photo on Twocat’s bread, though…

Yesterday I added two stairlaps from the ground to the 15th floor and back, then 4.5 miles on the TM after work.

Today was supposed to be x-training day, but when I woke up to springlike temps, I just had to take advantage of it.

7 untimed miles in a breezy 61°.  First outside run of the season in shorts and t-shirt, and, although my legs should have been tired from yesterday, I almost felt like I had borrowed Mariposai’s wings for my run, with my heart filled with joy as the temperate springtime winds swirled around me. Chilly temps will be back by tonight, but this was a delightful taste of what's right around the bend... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

lamerunner

Good morning. Warmer  than I knew., mid-40s, which  made for a sweaty morning run. Got out the door late  but got in about 8 miles. I had hoped for a longer run but just did not get going early enough. Felt ok but I am tired, really hard week of work. Easy run and long ski race working tomorrow, then a long run Sunday.  This week has been a  bit of a cut back but I plan to hit it hard next week. Taper is in sight.

Congrats to Jeanne and I hope Will adjusts soon.  

CNY, I checked out that Pisgah trail race; it looks nice. I will have to pencil it in. And also go chek the trails over there some time this Spring.  Good luck with this weekend's HM.

Glad to hear the good news OM..

Finally Friday, hooryay!

Mariposai

Hallar, congrats on your 2nd place win!!!

Holly, the site asked for jpg/jpeg, gif or png format, which I this point I have to figure out how to do. Any one here knows how to do it? I am sure your family will enjoy the bread. Mine absolutely love it. I made two loaves when we went skiing, it was gone before I knew it.

Yeah, it sure was sweet to see Mustang Sally here yesterday.

Dievechief, I hope all is well with the heart murmur. And of course, with your job situation as well.

Gym night tonight, so no run this morning.

Jlynne, what was Will's reaction when he saw the baby?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Mariposai - I always use jpeg for posting or e-mail photos.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Hey folks!  Got out for 3 miles this morning to loosen up from last night's 1900 yds. in the pool.  My dh and the kids are going out later after school is done, so I'm hoping to soak up some rays and more miles then.

Holly, I like doing bread in a breadmaker and not.  What I have found most convenient though is that I can "delegate" the dough-making to the bread machine for some of my in-oven recipes.  Then there are the days where I think I get an immense amount of free therapy by working it all out by hand. Wink

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Jlynne

Jlynne, what was Will's reaction when he saw the baby?

Not exactly the reaction we were hoping for, Mariposai. See yesterday's posts.

Was it green wine you were drinking last night Mary? That might explain the need to sleep a little later this morning Wink

15 flights of steps is a workout in itself, Holly. Nice you were able to run in lighter clothing this morning. Don't you feel kind of nekid without all the layers the first time you do that though? Not sure the world is ready for my pastey white skin.

Congrats Hallar!

Twocat - your recipe is on my "to-do" list for the weekend. Thanks for sharing. I would also like to have Nono convert her bread recipe to one that we could make without a bread maker. I don't have one either, though it's been on my wish list forever.

No run for me this morning. Volunteer morning at the homeless shelter and now I'm waiting for Mr.Will to hang around while his dad goes to the hospital to get mom and baby Ben. This should be an interesting couple of days for the new family. DH got some pics of the new baby - I might have to ask Mary for help getting them on this website. I've tried a couple of times but must be doing something wrong.

Enjoy your Friday everyone.

No run today will go to gym for weight workout.  Congrats hallar I assume it was pot-ogold race downtown, great finish but I think thats a tough course.  I always do better in Flushing.  I might do tax trot maybe I will see you.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

I missed Mustang Sally droppping by? 

Holly.. you've done Marathons and Ultras. Is a building race in the future?  Empire state buliding?

I can't believe that there will finally be a marathon with IRC on Sunday!  40's and cludy the whole way! (singlet, shorts and gloves)

4 EZ with the brakes on at 8:35 pace, AHR 141.

I'm hoping that with 1640 miles of training at 8:35 average pace, I can maintain 8:20 pace for 26.2!  of coarse.. all mental... all mental... all mental..

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

evanflein

You can do it, Steve, no problem!

61° Holly? I may not be able to talk to you much today... I know what you mean about taking advantage of the day for a run, though. I've done that many times. Just goes to show you can't be a slave to the schedule, you've gotta switch it around to match what the weather hands you.

I hope Will can adjust soon, but it's hard to share mom & dad when you've been the star of the show for so long. 

Good to hear the news, OM. Sounds like it won't be too hard to treat and get on with your life.

I've got the day off today, it's our Spring Break holiday (an advantage of working for a university!). So I'll take advantage of our nice weather to get out for a run today, sometime, somewhere. It's going to be a great weekend, we could even see 30°! Woohoo!

TammyinGP

Good Morning Hopeful and Holly and Lame and Mari and Nono and Jlynne and Derrick and Perch and Erika and all who follow....

Good luck this weekend Perch! Not that you need it. your training is in the bag! you got this.

did twocat post his irish bread recipe?  need to go back and look. I still want to try that out sometime.

nice progression run for you last night Mariposai. I love runs like that.

it was great to see Mustang Sally yesterday. she's such a bad faerie though - just popping in so quickly and Poof! she's gone again!

we have snow/rain mix in the forecast all weekend long. how wrong is that??!!

OM, so happy to read Stage Zero! and you get to run both races - that is just icing on an already scrumptious cake!

I'll add my congrats to Larry on a great race!

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly.. you've done Marathons and Ultras. Is a building race in the future?  Empire state buliding?

Big grin  The 50K I'm running April 23 is apparently comparable to Stone Steps 50K (which kicked my butt), with in fact, stone steps, and steep climbs into and out of a deep ravine, so I'm upping my stair climbing now, making use of the office building where I work. 

Erika - when do your "over 32 degree" temps usually arrive on a regular basis?

Tammy - yes, Twocat posted the link on yesterday's daily.

Leslie - I don't envy you another rainy ultra.  Has the forecast changed at all?

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

OM - excellent news.

Hallar - 2nd AG - wonderful.

Jeanne - you're just too young to have another grandson!  Congrats.

And as for the "ass" classifications noted yesterday - I'm a charter member of the smartass club, but occasionally sneak into the dumbass group.

This morning was spin class for the third straight day.  Legs feel good, all things considered.  Tomorrow - PBJster #1 goes for her learner's permit, and PBJster#2 has a death by cohocolate murder mystery birthday party sleepover with 12 13 year olds.  I can hardly wait...

OM stage zero!  Great news!  Best wishes for a speedy never have to go through this again as well!

Divechief a heart murmur?  I thought you only gave those to women!  Wink  A lot of people have them without ever seeing any consequences to their lives.  Also, sometimes a doctor thinks you have one and then further testing shows you do not.  I have some valve issue.  The doctor said I would die with it and not from it.  I have not worried about it since.  I suspect you will get at worst similar news.

For all of my possible bread recipe fans if you like please comment and rate it!  I am trying to get Allrecipes to publish it and I suspect good reviews will likely help convince them to do so.  Self promotion warning:  Here is the link to where you can get it http://allrecipes.com/Cook/11394718/.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

And as for the "ass" classifications noted yesterday - I'm a charter member of the smartass club, but occasionally sneak into the dumbass group.

Big grin

A Murder Mystery Party - how fun!  And what a great idea!  For adults, too....hmmmmm...you've got me thinking...