Masters Running

Tuesday April 8 Daily (Read 42 times)

NHLA

5 miles 38 min All downhill.

....so, did you get a ride back??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I thought it was uphill, in the snow......

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

wildchild

Carolyn

Carolyn--how could she pick a grad school?  She just started at Cornell!

I know, right?  But at least she gets paid to go to grad school, so the big tuition bills are over for us!

Great bird pictures today.

I ran 11 miles, uphill in the snow.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I like the bird pictures.  There have been bald eagles in our area but I haven't seen one.  My neighbor has had them in his yard.  I'm jealous.  deez, nice 5K and then long run.  Long runs also by Mike and wild.

This morning, the temp was  in the mid 30s and there was some wind.  I did 8 miles at an 11:27 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Fly-by as I am right in the middle of stuff, but wanted to pop in to say hello.

Yay for Carolyn's DD!

{{{Leslie}}}  That's okay, dear, I love beer enough for the both of us....

45 minutes of weights and core this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I ran 11 miles, uphill in the snow.

Smarty pants 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

C-R

Hey all. Interesting thread as always.

TomS - what cute pic. Enjoy as they grow fast. Right Carolyn?

I'm watching mine grow so fast. But its fun to see them find who they are.

Spent the day in Sedona. Did a Jeep tour with our driver who was a blast. He was a retired bull rider and Lakota Indian. Man did he know his stuff about the local landscape. Had no idea you could do so many things with some of the cacti.

It was 98 so we only ran short today. Not used to the heat and I'm supposed to be tapering for Saturday. Or something.

Well off to dinner.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

{{{Leslie}}}  That's okay, dear, I love beer enough for the both of us....

Beer???  Did someone mention beer?? I LOVE beer!! 

denise

Jay, I love that photo of the heron and eagle together. Very cool! Our lake is called Lake Okabena; Okabena means "home of the heron" in Sioux. We see herons from time to time, but more often in the sloughs and wetlands Nearby.  My friend had that great picture of an eagle on their farm the other day. I wish I had time to get my new camera figured out, but the auto setting works fine for now.

toms has an adorable grandson, and only one grandchild! I wonder if he is getting a bit spoiled.

My brain is a little foggy from a PERA retirement workshop this afternoon. I have 3 1/2 years till the "rule of 90" to maximize my benefits. I don't know if i want to work that long or not. One year at a time.

Mild temps in the 50's today, but a tad windy. I forgot a sweatband on Sunday and had trouble with sweat running in my eyes. Today I remembered that and ended up needing it to cover my ears with the wind. 4 miles was the plan so I ran the lake, 4.75 miles today, stopped to chat with a classmate of mine from high school who lives on the other side of the lake. I don't have "auto pause" set on the Garmin because it takes so long to restart. Now I had to guess how long I was stopped.

I am rewarding myself on this weight loss journey for every ten pounds lost. well, two rewards, a massage tomorrow and a manicure on Friday.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

NHLA

....so, did you get a ride back??

Yes  I ran down the mt to town and got a ride back up to the top and ran home. Cheating the hills.

NHLA

I had to tell a customer to go fuck himself today.  I really hate to do that but you have to if they are costing you money.

If he does come back he will be a better customer if not he is not my problem.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

There used to be an eagle bounty when it was thought they preyed on salmon spawning runs but they just eat the old spawned out ones that can’t get away anymore.

Me too about wc’s daughter except it made me wonder if she had another daughter or something.
                            ps wc - make sure she goes to summer school sometime too <<<(WhiteRiver50mile)>>>
                            pps - posie lives on the other side of the state, but suddenly, I think seattle became a lot closer.

ppps- there are so many great trail runs around here you'll be able to time your trips for many of the best I bet.

pppps - have her pick some esoteric PhD project that will keep her here even longer.

ppppps - how'd she jump right into doctoral program w/o masters?  is that common nowdays?

dg - I still don’t think anyone with anything broken should do anything let alone running which you have the rest of your life to do,.  However, I was surprised to catch up to one of our famed trail goddesses around here wheezing like a leaking tire in a marathon a couple of years ago.  She said she slipped on the deck of a yacht on a Caribbean vacation and had just got in at midnight but she was going to have it looked at on Monday.  Yep, two broken ribs.

The other broken rib runner was ten years my senior but he used to be a 3-hour marathoner and I’d never beaten him before so coudn't believe it when he was being helped to the finish line just ahead of me so, seeing my chance,  ran hard enough at the end to catch up at  the finish a couple of years ago.  Yep, broken ribs, except he'd known hed had them for two days from falling off a ladder.. A couple of years later, falling again off a ladder put him into a full body cast supposedly ending his running career.  NOT.  Needless to say, he’s still faster.  I did beat the another guy though who broke his leg but decided to walk the RnR on crutchess anyway.

However, maybe do like rochie can and stop running for a minute-or-two and it will go away.

note to doug:  that does not sound like a problem

dave - how have you been?
                            I told someone that the WaState ferries have one engine
                            that’s controlled from the pilot house at either end depending
                            on whether they are going east or west
                            as they can’t go in reverse.
                            I guess you control the engines though.

Not that any of  us would know anything about it

but please insert anything you want to complete the following sentence.

Ribs loves women who _______________.

pps nhla - I can't imagine saying that to anyone let alone a customer

or nhla will soon be meaning "not here living anymore" or something
                            ps - not that I want to know but did you hear what he said about you?
                            ... or is that why you said it about him?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Bushrat Runner

Five miles yesterday. Flying every day. Keeps me hopping.

NHLA

tets    you have never had to tell a customer to fuck off?   Most of my customers come back because I have the best product.

I bet you that asshole will beg me to complete that order and I will complete the order only if he comes to the mill and inspects the lumber himself.