Masters Running

eastman tri pic - test (Read 325 times)

didn't work  - will try again soon

denise

evanflein

C'mon Denise, you can do it!

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=1340109009/a=28191142_28191142/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

i cant seem to get it to show up - just the link -- im sorry

denise

dg.

how did it go??

THANK YOU DEB!!!!

It was great!!  I was painstakingly slow in all areas,  BUT I DID IT!!  It was such a great experience.  Went up the day before with a friend from my running group who is also a night nurse at the Brigham.  We rode the bike route and did the swim which really helped my confidence.   Two other friends joined us after the swim so we registered, found our hotel and went out for a nice dinner.

1/3 mile swim in the lake -- those buoys looked so far away!!  My wetsuit was perfect and even tho it was hard to catch my breath the first few minutes it was so awesome to be out there!!    13:23  - transition time 3:08

12 mile bike -- nearly did me in!!  the hills were brutal and there were times i wondered how i did it the day before -

definitely need more time on the bike and maybe eventually a better bike -- mine is kind of heavy.  1:05:35- transition time 54 seconds since i biked in my running shoes

3.1 mile run -- on trails and a couple of steep hills -- knew this was going to be tough after spending so much time on the bike but i just plugged away and loved every step of being out on the trails -- definitely a different type of running    33:00

so overall i was 14/18 in my age group and 170/184  -- total time 1:55:59

the best part was that feeling of accomplishment coming across the finish line and seeing my fast friends all waiting there cheering me on to the end..............instead of medals at the finish they gave out hats which are great!!

the bbq spread after was soooooooooo delicious -- even had veggie burgers for us non-red meat eaters and I won a new bike helmet in the raffle!!

cant wait to do another!!

denise

Well Geez DG.  Tell her how you got the picture to show.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I am so impressed.  I've never completed a Tri--I would drown!  That is a huge accomplishment.

Congrats--times 3!

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
                dg.

Oh yeah, (well geez Byll, I'm old, remember?? ;-) ) I meant to do that.    Ok Denise, pay attention.   Copy.   Paste.  Smile  Now you can post the other one!

What a great report!   This is so much fun.   Armchair tris.    Good for you.   Congratulations!

wildchild

Carolyn

Armchair tris - love it!    Thanks for the RR, Denise, and congrats on your first tri! When's the next one?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Awesome! Denise, be sure you're using the button with the picture of the mountain on it to paste the URL for your photo. I think you might've used the hyperlink button, the one with the chain links.

I think you did awesome and I'm so delighted you did this! I'm a big chicken about tri's... just can't get past the "you have to swim" part...

Erika, yeah I imagine it must be hard to swim in all that ice.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I'm a big chicken about tri's... just can't get past the "you have to swim" part...

1+++

Great job, Denise!  Congratulations!!  And you had a great run time there for 3 miles on trails.  Woo hoo!

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Henrun

Good job Denise. I've done 2 of them-even slower than you-but it felt great. Now you're a triathlete.

Great job, deez.  You did well.  Congratulations.

TomS

Slo

Deez

You are awesome!

Isn't it just a wonderful sense of accomplishment coming across that line?

I can't tell you that they ever get any easier but I can tell you that you will get faster.......the effort to finish just stays the same.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.....Congrats on a great finish.