Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 9.20.12 (Read 347 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

That's just inexcusable to not provide enough basic provisions for everyone at aid stations for a 100 miler.  There can be some serious medical consequences. 

I agree. In the shorter races, that would just be inconsiderate, but in a race like that, it's downright dangerous.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Top 'O the World!

Howdy Folks!   Hope you all are well!  

I haven't gone back to read much yet & don't know if I'll get to ...  lots of other stuff I'm trying to get read right now.... sometimes I seem to have several books (mostly kindle versions) going on at once. Trying to get some more mileage these past few weeks, still have that Bear Chase thingy (50K) on the 30th. Having a tough time. The chronic fatigue part of my crap is really a challenge right now, weight is up, as well as the chronic poor air quality (wildfire particulates) is making breathing a challenge. Went to a new Doc today - homeopathic endocrinologist. I'm still mentally fighting with stuff!  Although he's listed as a sports doc, he's not a big fan of endurance sports SadHe's an Atkins fan ....  And he's out of network & friggin expensive!! 

DH & I are also signed up for the Monument Marathon in Scottsbluff, NE. on Oct 13 & Moab, UT on Nov 3!

Got in "roughly" 10.5 decent miles yesterday - 5.5 in the am w/Mairead including a cpla chatty neighbor pauses & then 5 later with DH @ the Snug running group. Hoping to hit Kenosha Pass for a little Fall color trail run later this wknd....

Garmin is dying... It's always reading shorter than everybody else's distance lately & now it's stopped beeping at all. Haven't tried the iphone app....I do try to run without my phone!!!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group