Masters Running

4/26 (Tuesday) - two mile round trip to Mary's Falls awaiting more Boston RR (Read 38 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

two mile round trip down to Mary's Falls

•  

no wonder I love running so much

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Nice vista Tet.

Last night was a semi-formal awards dinner for David's FBLA group and all the awards they won at the State Competition in Portland a few weeks back. It was a nice event with many impressive teenagers.  This afternoon he has a tennis match, so likely won't get in a run today either since that will probably go til 730 or 800.

It was late and dark when we got home last night, so wasn't able to get out to my garden and cover things. We did get some frost, so I might be buying new tomato and pepper starts. <sigh> 

Oh, also got rear-ended on the way to David's school for the dinner thing last night. minor damage - probably mostly cosmetic really. She was freaking out - way more than I was - scared her insurance rates will go up, she's a young single mom of 3 (born the year I graduated highschool which really made me feel old). I actually felt real badly for her. I'll probably just get an estimate for a minimal buff/paint touch-up job and see if she'd rather than just pay that rather than go through insurance.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet - is there a way to make the picture bigger?  These eyes just aren't what they used to be.  Actually, I've been wearing glasses since I was five, so maybe they are....

Enke - that sounds like a wonderful vacation!

Tammy - bummer about the plants and the car, but cool about the awards dinner for David's FBLA group.

4.4 miles for me on the TM this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...very pretty tet...

......My Brother

has located some Wild Mustangs where we'll be heading,

he wants

to get a picture for Claire,

if we get it, I'll post it here too

=================

........40-min PoolRun

have really become

OverProtective of my feet til after this trip

Plan on some different work-outs when I get back

...................good running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet - is there a way to make the picture bigger?  

These eyes just aren't what they used to be.

me too holly, especially with Fuch's Distrophy finally starting to take it's toll.

With regard to the tiny images I post from internet sources, maybe it’s just my subborn loyalty to my dial-up or maybe because of the way internet images are formatted to prevent commercial use, attempts to enlarge it just get way out-of-focus.  However, maybe you can try clicking on “quote” as if you were replying to the post and the image therein can be enlarged by highlighting and expanding. Hope it works. It's really a spectacular little lakeside route.  Do you remember when Mary posted from there?
            ps tammy - that’s the kind of car accident to have,

especially only taking a couple of hundred dollars to make whole again.

To the very contrary, every morning on the way to his nearby grade school,

I walk GS by the high school and the annual display of a wrecked car

from an alcohol-related negligent homicide in which the driver

and one passenger survived but their best friend

was killed on graduation night in 2009.  

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!  Just a dash by to say hey and check in with you all.

It stayed below 70 this morning for the whole run, which was just a tich over a 10K.

A little sleepy due to the tense excitement and joyous doings in Atlanta, and that may be why stumps, henrun and marj haven't checked in yet.

Mile repeats at Speedsters tonight.  Not sure.....

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

•  

It does get fuzzy, doesn't it?

I didn't make it to the end of the night before last, but a 1-0 game goes a lot quicker .  An early morning departure for South Jersey was the main reason I'm a little slow.  Plus the minor detail that I didn't get up early enough to run in the first place.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tammy, I'm sorry to hear about the fender bender but glad to know it was minor.  Tomw, it sounds like you are about to have a great get together with your brother.

This morning, it was about 40 and there was a little wind.  I ran 4 miles at an 11:11 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

evanflein

4.3 miles this morning on tired legs. Lots of dancing last night kind of wore me out! I hear there's more tonight at our end of conference dinner and party. Our event got relocated inside with threats of thunderstorms tonight. Too bad, since I'm really tired of air conditioning....

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Just saying hi and reporting that I ran 10 miles, tonight.  It was cloudy and windy...but no rain.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Oh--that stinks about the car, Tammy.  But that David is so dang cool!

evanflein sorry to hear about the storms. They are rolling in because I am coming to town. Sorry about that. I am still hoping I can run that trail system you mentioned the other day.

I thought about going out for a run to see how the leg would hold up. But . . . it was raining and you know, "No running in the rain!"© Maybe tomorrow if I get up early enough. After I get to work I am busy all day and there is no chance I will get home in time to run.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Hello everybody!

Just saying hi and reporting that I ran 10 miles, tonight.  

Same here. saying hi and reporting 8 miles.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

OrangeMat

MM #6177

•  

Please remind me how to insert a picture here again!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Please remind me how to insert a picture here again!

Asking me about how to insert images is same as asking me how to run in shoes, or run, but you are supposed to be able to right click on the photo to get a box titled "reset/edit images" and then copy the http that appears when right clicking on "properties" of the image (if that option is even there) and paste into the "source" box and the a description, e.g. "Mary's Falls" in the "description" box.

That hardly ever works for me so I copy-and-paste the e-mail into my post and hope that it is not blocked by copyrights, etc.

good luck.

ps - there used to be a permanent sticky on posting pictures

but I got lost at the part about "downloading"

which is too scary for me on my beloved dial-up.

Marathon Maniac #957

I am only able to post pictures here that I have first posted in FB.  Then I copy and paste it here.  For some reason I no longer am able to put pictures here from Flikr.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."