Masters Running

10-4 Good Buddy (Read 39 times)

SteveP

Breaker 1 9. Good morning cats and kittens. You've got the Stump Jumper -K Double "B" G 52-49 (KBBG5249) - motervating your daily round up. Keep yer tires between the ditches and Smokey of yer britches. First Mamma Ford broke the FCC laws regarding broadcasting on a CB...So the government decided it wasn't really necessary to have call letters.

Coastwalker is all. wet and wild of 6 in the mist/rain and filling up rather quickly.

Tramps timing a fiver with an invasion of happy hammering and having sweet dreams of the puck dropping. Good call supervising. The crew is in an profession where a high school drop out can make a better than living wage.

RunnerKSA resting 1/2 a day then spinning on over to some new digs.

AnneB bidding her beloved cubs a fond farewell.

HollyS kicking out 8 miles at a blistering pace.

Jlynne is mixing it up at the Y.

Fatozzig playing it smart (i'm sorry) and coming out of her fog. I'm sorry your morning fix came to a grinding halt.

BTY has made a welcome return to the daily- stretching to achieve major progress. He's coming along swimmingly.

Tetsujin209 is living life all loopy and enjoying every minute of it.

Anachrotech is making a stunning and much welcome return to the Masters rag tag band of misfits. It's very good to read you.

Joe618 ramping the mileage back up after his teams are already making strategies for next year. The newer Toyota Hulls have a tendency to surge as soon as a side shift or tilting lever is released. That's a heck of a challenge when handling units if fragile and valuable merchandise. Is Toyota aware of happening out in the field?

Spacityrunner has joined a mountain top gang. Love the 3.5.

SurlyBill with BatKid Cross Training. May your noble work be blessed. I suspect Mr. Zappa was an interesting fella.

Falconfixer kicking out an 8:40 pace for 5 in the heat. Yowzah!

I felt bad not taking Avenger Doggie out. We're into bow season for our hunting citizens. We're also into raccoon season for those who like to blast a fire arm in the dark. I just could not bring myself to run with two dogs on a leash.  I hopped on the treadmill for two. I love the displays and only listen to the TV. I spend too much time with numbers.

SteveP

coastwalker

Mornin' good buddies.

'Nother good start, Steve. Bow season here too, so everyone should watch their pets, especially if they are critter-colored.

Very good pool work, BTY. And welcome back, anachrotech. Joe, I've got 3 emails waiting for me this morning, wanting to find a way into the half we just sold out - so it begins.

6.55 sort-of RW miles this morning. I have what feels like a muscle strain under my left shoulder blade. It hurts when I RW, probably from the combination of hip rotation and more aggressive arm swing. When I walk 'regular,' it's fine. But I can't get to my RW cadence without using my arms. I tried using just my right arm, and that worked for a while, but was eventually throwing everything out of whack. So I went back to a combo of 'regular' walking as fast as I could, and some running (which also didn't bother the muscle. I'm just glad it was dark out and that nobody could see what the heck I was doing.

8:30 meeting this morning - gotta go.

Have a greta Thursday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Is it just me, or is anyone else totally baffled about all that call letter stuff SteveP has in his opening paragraph?

tetsujin209 how large the image comes out must depend on your browser. On both my PC and phone the size I posted covers about a quarter of the viewing window.

I have some new exercises from my PT. I timed how long my whole routine now takes. Hold on, almost ultra marathon like, five minutes! I know, I know, tough to imagine somebody can slowly move their leg in various directions while lying down for five whole minutes, but I managed it. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I think we've got ourselves a convoy this morning! Thanks for the start Steve and glad you're keeping AD safe.

Sounds like it's time for a good deep tissue massage Jay. Sorry you're hurting.

Great job on the PT this morning Twocat.

5.12 miles this morning, starting out running into 20 mph winds out of the NW, which quickly turned into walking into 20 mph winds out of the NW, but picked it up on the return trip back. Finished with 20 minutes of weights and core.

Chicken and gravy, mashed potatoes and steamed carrots on the menu today. Off to feed the kids. Have a good one people.

Quickadder

Somehow I never got into all that Citizen Band radio stuff, but I still made sense of SteveP's opening to another wonderful roundup.

Easy paced 5.3 miles with DD at a little after Jay o'clock this morning. Light fog and 73F.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Dave59

I ran 3.2 this morning. My left knee was ok.  A little iffy at the start but no pain or issues.  Right calf cramped up right at the end.  I feel like I am 59 going on 75.

I currently can't seem to keep up here or at work or at life in general.

pfriese

Good morning all. A good run this morning, 12 miles with the middle 9 miles at marathon pace.

TammyinGP

I only understood Steve's opening because I've watched Smokey and the Bandit more times than I can recall. ooo, Burt Reynolds was something else to a young teenage girl at that time! (probably to a lot of grown women too).

Ran 3.3 miles last night and will try to do it again today since it's supposed to be another nice day. Then we head into a couple days of rain, which just figures since we are leaving to go camping tomorrow. If it's raining here in So. Or. it'll surely be raining even more in Corvallis. oh, well, we have a comfy warm travel trailer and we aren't bringing the dogs with us this time so I don't have to worry about all their wet feet messing up the trailer.  We do have tickets to the OSU v WSU game Saturday nights, but neither DH nor I are fans of sitting in the rain to watch football, so plan B if it's raining is to go bowling or to a movie. 

Since we are not hunters I don't pay much attention to when different seasons are, but apparently last weekend was opening of deer season. When I went running last weekend with my 2 trail pals, we came across about 4 different deer hunters out on the trails also. I'm sure they loathed us because we have bear bells on our hydration vests which you can hear from about 1/4 mile away so we undoubtedly scared any deer away. yay for us. boo for the hunters. 

Tammy

Tramps

Tammy--you might be surprised. Scaring the deer causes them to move, which often makes them more visible to hunters. If anyone bugs you about it, tell them you're doing them a service. 

Survived my day of roofers. I'm reserving judgment until after the first good rain. Since I wasn't getting any work done amidst all that racket I went ahead and installed a replacement adjustable shower bar thingy, so not a complete loss.

We hit 90F yesterday and should be a little hotter today. Autumn? What autumn?

22 miles on the bike.

ETA: Nice banner-raising ceremony and a drubbing of the Bruins to start off the season on the right foot. 

Of course, all the adrenaline will be gone tonight and a rested group of Penguins will be a handful.

Be safe. Be kind.

10-4 Good Buddies!    I love that.  Many memories.

Tonight will be my first foray at the old/new gym.  I can't remember when I left it- probably at least 4 years ago after we moved to our new offices.  I'm anxious to see what all is there now.    My foot doesn't hurt at all, which makes it tempting to take off the boot- but I haven't (except for the elliptical and around the house).

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Thanks for the opener, Steve.  My dad had a CB radio when I was little.  My brother and I were messing around on it one day and I talked "regular" not "CB talk" into the mike.  My brother had me convinced the cops were gonna come get me 'cause I was doing it all wrong.

He also tried to convince me one that he could make it rain harder for a second when we were riding in the car. I'm guessing I was around 5 or 6.  I finally realized his "shazam" hands were happening only when we were driving under trees . . . .

My foot doesn't hurt at all, which makes it tempting to take off the boot . . .

Don't give in to the insanity, KSA. 

So far the hardest part has been finding someone to open the door to the mens locker room door to the pool. 

An hour of core/ST.  Things are feeling a tad irritated, but I suspect that is to be somewhat expected as my hip, etc., try to rewire their brains to work correctly.  But I am vowing to be smart and will back off a tad and let things calm down.

Other than that, it's a beautiful day here on the California North Coast.  We are finally getting our summer.

Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Is it just me, or is anyone else totally baffled about all that call letter stuff SteveP has in his opening paragraph?

guess you need to watch "Smoky and the Bandit" for reference.

not a lot of running coming up for me, I'm imagining.  Woke up yesterday morning with an ear infection.  Fortunately, I had an general appointment scheduled, so got to see my doc right away.  However, by the time I got to work, I felt so bad that I packed up my computer and some paperwork and headed home.  I then slept from about noon to 5pm, got up for 3 hours, and was back in bed until 8am this morning.  Dealt with a few work emails and then back asleep till about noon.  starting to feel a little human, so hope the antibiotics and rest help and I can make it back to work tomorrow.  Haven't had anything knock me out like this in recent memory.

Tramps--hope you were at least a LITTLE conflicted by that game.

Joe--sorry you've lost both your teams.  our's s.tarts tomorrow.  If it helps, the plan is to soundly trounce the Yankees

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

I only understood Steve's opening because I've watched Smokey and the Bandit more times than I can recall. ooo, Burt Reynolds was something else to a young teenage girl at that time! (probably to a lot of grown women too).

Yup, that Burt was a hottie in his day... might have to go watch that movie again....

Leslie - 

{{{Kevin}}}

4.2 miles for me this morning in a very windy 65 degrees.  Cold(er) front moving in tonight.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

2 mile run this morning followed by a 2.5 mile fast walk to a lecture this afternoon in muggy but cloudy and mildly warm.

((Kevin))

Dave 59- there are some 75year olds in our club who still run 7 minute miles, Our 74 year old former club president set world records in the 70 -74 female age group in the mile and 5K. You’re only as old as you feel🏃‍♀️.

Dave59

Dave 59- there are some 75year olds in our club who still run 7 minute miles, Our 74 year old former club president set world records in the 70 -74 female age group in the mile and 5K. You’re only as old as you feel🏃‍♀️.

As I limp out to the kitchen (on my sore left knee and aching right calf) for a snack I'll try to cheer myself up with this information.