Masters Running

Weighing In (Read 397 times)

Prince of Fatness

So, how's everyone doing?

This morning I weighed in at 178.5, which is down 1 from last week.  Onward.

Not at it at all. 

Marathon Maniac #957

AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! 

And that's all I have to say about it......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Jlynne

Sorry Holly, welcome to "middle aged menopause" where you can gain 5 pounds by looking at a chocolate chip cookie, but can't lose any no matter how hard you try.

I was brave enough to step on a scale this morning - not as bad as I had imagined. 123 pounds which is waaaayyyy too heavy for someone only 5'3" but after not running for over 2 weeks, at least the scale didn't tell me "hey - one at a time lady." Hoping that giving up sweets for Lent will help the battle....

Dave59

I'm down 1 for the week.  206.  I shouldn't be disappointed but after so many weeks in a row of losing 2 pounds it is a let down.  Plus, it was my fault because I was snacking 24 hours a day.  Couldn't turn it off this week.  I could have easily had another 2 pound week.

Total of 16 in the 52 days since starting MyFitnessPal (17 for the year).

Next week is all business travel and sitting in meetings.  Not sure what is going to happen.

+++++++++1

I was at 147.5 yesterday morning.

I have been so damm hungry this week, and it's not in my head!  My stomach actually growls like an hour after I've eaten and I wake up in the morning absolutely starving.  I've been trying to take in more protein 'cause it's suppose to help you feel full longer, right?  Whatever. Roll eyes

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Being hungry is your body's way of telling you you need  to eat!!!

You ask so much of your body..with the miles you run....give to it the fuel that he/she needs...if you want top performance

Talk to your dietitian about yoru correct body weight...

PLEASE!!!'

We are NOT Barbie dolls or Kent, any longer

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

168.5 , up .5 for the week.

I seem to have lost my weight loss mojo over the last couple weeks. with 12 more pounds to shed before my May race I better get it back pretty soon. Its mostly snacking in the evenings. I work 2 jobs and sometimes don't get to my dinner until 8pm. I slip up while at work and hit the vending machines or snack jars because I get hungry before dinner. When I am being good I take dinner with me and eat at work but that gets old too eating 2 times a day at work is boring.

Well now that I have talked this through I guess I will pack 2 meals a day next week and get back on track.Joking 

good luck everyone.

P.S.  I am disapointed I thought Mariposi was Ski Bunny Barbie. Big grin

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

...ok,

I'm not asking.......

holding at 176........carb-counting is still working....

ironically,

until I saw DietDrinks were Bad for you on TheTodayShow,  I drank about 8 per year

now I'm knocking off 6-paks.

..............later I plan on Running Thru the House with Scissors..

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

Holly Big grin  Hang in there.

Date Goal

(7-day Avg)

Actual

Weekly

Change

Cum.

Change

Comment
                    1/3 ??? 165 -- -- First weigh-in in months
                    1/10 163 162.6 -2.4 -2.4 Yay! Of course, first week is always the easiest to lose a couple.
                    1/17 162 160.3 -2.3 -4.7 Another excellent week.  Once I hit 160, though, it always gets tougher to lose.
                    1/24 161 159.1 -1.2 -5.9 The quick loss is over but still some good progress.
                    1/31 160 156.7 -2.4 -8.3 Not sure why the big loss at this point, but I'll take it!
                    2/7 159 157.3 +0.6 -7.7

Cut-back week + Super Bowl weekend festivities

Move less + eat more = the predictable result. Roll eyes

2/14 158 156.5 -0.8 -8.5 Headed back in the right direction
                    2/21 157  155.5  -1  -9.5 More progress...getting close to goal weight now
                    2/28 156  155  -0.5  -10  Getting closer and closer.
                    3/7 155  154.9  -0.1  -10.1  High mileage week and I was hungry all the time.  Now's not the time to be "dieting" so not much loss.
                    3/14 154  154  -0.9  -11  Bulls-eye!  Now the tricky part of maintaining it through the taper.
                    3/21 154        

Be safe. Be kind.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Holly, you know how I always say my scale is broken? I think you should be banging that $^%&^ scale on the wall instead of your head!  {{{Holly}}}

Posie - I definitely eat when I'm hungry - otherwise I get really cranky.  It's just that sometimes it's frustrating when you're expending so many calories and still gaining.  I think I'll just count is "that time of the month," even though I haven't had that time for quite awhile now.  I figure my body is saying, "Hey!  Isn't this when we're suppose to be retaining water?!?" Wink

As far as the Barbie Doll body - I'd settle for this little layer of fat coming off my stomach.  That's all.  Just this little layer gone.

Oh, and just this ashtray.  Just this ashtray . . . and this paddle game.  The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need . . .

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Being hungry is your body's way of telling you you need  to eat!!!

I know, I just keep thinking it's telling me to eat Nacho Cheese Doritos...Roll eyes

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I know, I just keep thinking it's telling me to eat Nacho Cheese Doritos...Roll eyes

A girl after my own heart! Big grin

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Oh, and just this ashtray.  Just this ashtray . . . and this paddle game.  The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need . . .

... and this, you need this, and that's all you need....

Big grin