Masters Running

Saturday July 25 Daily Thread (Read 336 times)

Renee the dog

Mornin’ Masters/Boomers!

Four recovery miles earlier this morning with Renee.  72º F and 100% H – just the way I like it.  For real. My guests are leaving for a few days…time to dry out my liver. 

Have a great one everyone and GOOOOOO RACERS!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

morning Nono!   

did you find the kids?

morning everybody Smile

Verstegen's prehab, Fitzgeralds core workout de jour, a few pt things, one or 2 from Yessis explosive running book this morning, which is pretty much per plan, just expanded a little.  Took a little over an hour.  Then a short walk with a very happy dog.

Speaking of dogs,  Brinkley, where's Mary?

Stevep,  I have a few options, but they all include coconut.   Very cool about your batboxes. 

Good luck Steve, Holly, and all racers!!!  retroactive luck. 

Glad you could get in a liver recovery run Nono    You say you like 100% humidity, wow...

Haven't had chance to read up the last several days, posted last night on Thursday thread not realizing it was Friday   

5.7 miles around the neighborhood, DW & DD in Bawston running along the Charles River.  DD wanted to look at BU for grad school. 

Nice to sit here & relax with my coffee, no baseball until 5:00 weather permitting.   

Everyone have a wonderful weekend 

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Today was one of those "Where did that come from" runs.

It was very hawt and humid early (79° snd 79%) so I wasn't expecting much.  Took it easy early on and picked up the pace as it went along (without trying).  Ended up with 14 miles at 9:09 pace, but the last 6 miles were all sub 9:00.  The last 3 at 8:30.

I guess the rest day I took yesterday did the trick.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Renee the dog

Glad you could get in a liver recovery run Nono    

That's what I love about this group -- nobody misses a trick.   And for the record, I did my liver recovery at recovery-pace.

dg, yeah, kids came out of hiding when Bayside came back into town last night. They are running on empty after a week with their 17 yr old cousin, so I'm going to attempt to nap them early before going to their babysitter's graduation party this afternoon. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Nice start Nono! Liver recovery hee....good one Sarge

How cool that Holly and Amie get to meet up today. Hope the racing goes/went well.

dg---you are amazing with all the cross training and flex/strength work you do. Way to go!

Aw Shucks Spareribs. Back at ya 

Motivation goes both ways SLO-HAND, so likewise!

6 mellow and easy miles this morning at 7:30 am with Dr. J and Dr. B (felt so well tended running with two MDs this morning!). I joined them for a last part of their 20 miler. Dr. J. is heading to Paris today and then Ireland with her 14 year-old daughter. They'll join an Irish running tour that ends up with an 8k in Dublin. Dr. B is heading to his cottage near Mt. Desert Island Maine (isn't that the marathon you signed up for Sarge?). So I was happy to meet up for some good laughs and chatter while we ran. Weights and core after I got home and now a day of canoeing awaits if we can keep the next round of t-storms away. Feeling good.

Great 14 miler Bill! Where did it come from? It came from your dedicated and smart running. Hello?!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good luck racers!

dg-- nice compilation of workout bits from the pros!

Breeger.. don't ya love it when that happens!

Lance.. you da man!

Knee has been getter better every day and today I woke up with no soreness on bending it.  So I add 1/2 mile jog to a brisk walk. total 4 miles in 50:44 (12:40 pace, AHR 125) with Tory and Sadie. No pain at all. Still one tiny spot on knee I can feel when I sit and bend it ...so I'll keep re-habing but this is lookin good.(Monday it killed to bend it).

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Perch - that is fantastic news!

6:45am, 63/64 F

Did my favourite horse trail this morning, I had been avoiding going there even for a walk because I knew it would depress me not to be able to run it.  It is that serene and perfect for running.

To my delight, I pretty much ran the entire 4 mile loop!!!  Just a few short walk breaks for wardrobe adjustments (took my shirt off!  and found a way to tuck it into the front of my shorts to hide my gut).  And I walked up a few short and steep hills when I realized I was running slower than I could walk.  I kept it slow and easy the whole time and felt I could have done another mile, but my foot was getting a bit sore.

Best part was Mr. Garmin wouldn't lock onto a signal, so I have no idea how slow I really was.  Which is very liberating.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Seriously, I think we store yesterday's excess fat in the liver & morning exercise is the best way to burn it off.  Fatty liver disease kills thousands.

Yes CNY I registered for the Mount Desert Island Marathon October 18th.  

Mount Desert Island the home of Acadia National Park & BaaHaaBaa (Bar Harbor for those who can't read the New England accent)   

Isn't it nice to run with someone new once in awhile.

Cut the grass in a light rain,  it was much easier on the sinuses, not all the crap in the air.  

Perch no pain, yeah!!!

Bill sweet run...

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Good afternoon.  Running late for our running club summer picnic -- PDR made deviled eggs (yum).

5.1 miles, 45:06, 8:55/mi, AHR 150 (77% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

dg.

Nono, glad they resurfaced.   Wink

Billll,  like Karin said!  sheesh.  ;-)

Karin, thanks!  I haven't been doing as much since I stopped running at the gym, and am trying to fix that.   Your day sounds so nice.  busy, but nice.   What a wonderful trip for Dr. J & DD!

thanks Perch.  Nice to have some validation from another pro Smile.    Very nice about your knee.  did you ever get a clear diagnosis?   Be careful ok??

Frank,   Sadie says thanks. 

enke,   yay.

out to putz around in the yard a bit while trying not to get too yucky.   we have to go to a wedding later today. 

Slo

Hey Gang !

Just a fly by for me.

The book keeper added another 7.5 miles for me this morning......a nice comfortable run after a huge deluge of rain last night.  Followed that up with 35 miles on the bike.....17 into the wind 17 with the wind to my back.

Company is coming......Coals are almost hot....ribs are prepared.....still gotta get some beer........sweet corn is in season.....I love weekends !

If y'all were closer I'd say stop on by.......could go late tonight.

Marathon Maniac #957

Lots of great news here today – especially Breger, Perch, Enke –yay!

An opportunity to meet an awesome lady today (runningsmarter)...

2.3 mile WU, then 5-mile race.  I’m quite happy with it.  Report is posted.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Perch, I'm glad your knee is doing so much better!  Good luck with the rehab.

My running partner and I enjoyed a nice practice run this morning on the Beach to Beacon 10K course.  We walked for a minute at the end of each mile, and our time was only a few seconds slower than last year's race time.  We're hoping it's as cool next Saturday for the race!  DS also ran the course.  He said it felt hard, and I told him that means the race will go well!

Perch - Glad your knee is feeling so much better.

Some really great runs out there today.

12 trail miles this a.m. 2:58:??.  The last 3+ miles were tough.  I've decided I need to forego the leg strength training on Fridays.  It's just too much, followed by a long run Saturday and a 10-miler on Sunday.  My legs are just absolutely beat.

However - I did go for a massage this afternoon for the first time in over a year.  Oh Mama Mia!!  He attacked my left quad and IT band.   Cripes!  It was that good hurt, though - you know, the one where you go through every cuss word in your vocabulary, but it feels oh so good.

Off to water the yard in a state of bliss . . . . .

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance