Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 11.17.17 (Read 41 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Thursday’s workouts:
    Tramps (21 chilly but manageable sunlit morning bike miles)
    RunnerKSA (2.7 morning miles)
    Deeze (5AM spin class + Body Pump +5 bike miles on the trainer)
    Holly (3 morning TM miles watching Poldark)

Dave59 (post-work gym workout)

Mariposai (3 EZ miles + 5X800s + 1 mile c/d)

Did we have more fillers than workouts yesterday?

Thanks for the additional Zimbabwe insights, Fatozzig.

Congrats on the solo delivery, Deeze. Enjoy the vacation.

Holly, should you be with Mike, looking for a new job?

I got in 9.1 RW miles this morning in 36° temps and seriously-blustery winds under mostly-clear, mostly-cloudless, moonless, star-filled skies. Just before mile 2, I stepped on what I thought was some dark black pavement which turned out to be a deepish puddle, so I had 2 chilly wet feet for a while till they gradually warmed up. I had started out EZ, but kept picking up the pace, and was down to HM pace in the last couple of miles. Good workout.

Have a great time, weekend racers!

11/19 RunnerKSA - Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon, Nashville TN

11/19 pfriese - Route 66 Half Marathon, Tulsa OK

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

Lots of non-running yesterday.  Thank goodness Mariposai did some track work to carry us. 

Mike--I realized this morning that if you'd been in town a week later we could have gone to the Wild-Caps game Saturday night. After two horrible performances this week, I suspect the Caps will ramp it up a bit tomorrow. Consistency is not in their vocabulary this year.

38F and sunny; a beautiful morning to run.  I did my usual 3.5 miles.

Good luck to KSA and Paul this weekend!

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

I ran 4 miles this morning.

I put my mp3 player through the wash a couple months ago so I haven't been listening to anything when I run, but I went ahead and ordered a new one and it arrived yesterday.  It's a SanDisk Clip Jam just like my former one.  I loaded up some podcasts before I headed out this morning.  I don't always use an mp3 player when I run, but it is nice once in a while to be distracted by something.

I'd just like to make one comment about the gym yesterday.  There were some interesting smells wafting around.  I couldn't quite figure some of them out and I tried hard not to try to figure them out.

Quickadder

Started the day with 7.3 miles @ 9:19 before sunrise. Humid and 60F wasn't too bad.

No race this weekend. Planning on going long tomorrow morning to gauge my level of preparedness for December HM and January or March FM.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Tramps

I'd just like to make one comment about the gym yesterday.  There were some interesting smells wafting around.  I couldn't quite figure some of them out and I tried hard not to try to figure them out.

Be safe. Be kind.

2.1 on the treadmill this morning.  Chilly outside and it wasn't worth putting on all the stuff for this short run, so I watched the morning news.

Monkey packet stuffing last night.  It's quite the process with 2 shirts and all the other swag stuffed in a paper envelope and lined up all over the floor.  Pizza and beer to go with it all, though.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Henrun

5 very early morning miles with a speed up on mile 5. Chilly but the sun came out. No big plans until our Thanksgiving race.

Fall is turning out to be a time for honing my singing skills. Have done a fair amount of singing in the past but none lately. Taking a singing workshop in adult education and joining our temple’s choir that’s presently forming. Really enjoying it and still playing my saxophone whenever I can. Music and running-a great combination ðŸŽ¼

Good luck to Paul and KSA and all racers this weekend.

TammyinGP

didn't have time to pop in last night, but did get in a track run also after work.  Ran about 1.2 mi warm-up, then a friend joined me for 3 miles. I thought I was running faster to keep up with her and she thought likewise. Somehow we managed those 3 miles at 8:37, 8:57 and 8:55.  First time she's ever run 3 miles all under a 9 pace and that's definitely faster for me too.

won't be able to run today though. Meeting DH for a bite to eat after work, then heading out to the HS to watch the girls PowerPuff (or whatever that is called?) flag football game. David is the announcer for the game and it's a fundraiser for the different senior activities that happen this year.  I need to do some serious mileage this weekend, since my 4ish miles are all that I've run this whole week so far. I'm thinking 5-6 on Sat and the 12 I'm doing with the trail group will still have me over goal for the week

Tammy

Happy Friday, Friends ~~

Hahahaaa!! 

Henry - I  love singing.  I did more of it when I was younger, sang in a couple of weddings, was part of a local interfaith gospel choir for a few years, even sang the National Anthem a number of times.  I've thought about getting involved with the worship team at church, but now the thought of being up there in front of everyone makes me sweat (and not in a good way).  Guess I'll stay confined the car and shower for now.

Holly - My snide remark that I would obviously never say to my boss would be, "So if so-and-so (the male paralegal) was part of the interview process as a paralegal of the firm, I assume he will be working with the new attorney.  Correct?"  or something along those lines.

Denise - Yay! on the baby!

Jay - The other day I hit a low spot in the road that I didn't see and had one of those split second "oh crap!" moments while I did a quit mental review of the lower half of my body to ensure nothing was injured.  Glad you only ended up with wet feet.

It's hard to pull myself out of bed at O-Dark 30 for a 30-min run, so I'll be getting those minutes in after work.  I'm looking forward to the day when it will be worth my while to drive to a trail to run.

Have a great weekend ~~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...howdy//.............got doc's OK to come upstairs (where computer is)

, and

to stop using walker (ohboyohboy)

=====================

..........Zero Pain..........walking 10-min every hour, so since Nov 2nd doing 60-70-min per day

but

TODAY I get to go outside (ohboyohboy Part II)

......................good Running to Ya.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

, and

=====================

..........Zero Pain..........walking 10-min every hour, so since Nov 2nd doing 60-70-min per day

but

ohboyohboy right back at you, Tom!  Welcome back, and with good new, no less.  Good walking to YOU!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

spacityrunner

Fatzzzz...I would say this to my boss and in not so nice terms..yes...I am not favored with management but I am ok with that 

Holly - My snide remark that I would obviously never say to my boss would be, "So if so-and-so (the male paralegal) was part of the interview process as a paralegal of the firm, I assume he will be working with the new attorney.  Correct?"  or something along those lines.

Trails Rock!

evanflein

Yay! tomwhite is alive and well and (best of all) pain free! Such good news!

Tet, no I didn't see Nancy when in the Seattle area. Was hoping to see Enke but she was busy with the kids. She did give me the tips on where to run though, and they were great!

Yes, Holly needs a new job. With her skills and dedication, she'd be a great addition to anyone's elder-law team.

GL with the Monkey, RunnerKSA! I'd like to do that one some time, but my marathon buddy has already done it. Guess I'll go it alone or have to find someone else. 

Dave, the gym where I ran last night (our student rec center) also has a funky smell. I saw my brother there on the way out and mentioned the heat. He commented "and it stinks, too!" but he was over in the weight room area.

Don't remember if I posted last night, don't think so. DH and I had an event at a brewery last night so no time to run home. So did the aforementioned trip to the rec center and ground out 4.1 miles on the treadmill. I don't remember when I sweat so much in such a short amount of time. Holy carp. My face was bright red when I was done, and I was done sooner than my planned 5 miles. Then off to the brewery to try the new ESB brewed with barley grown locally and developed here at the university. Part of the centennial celebration events. The beer was ok, DH didn't like it but we both managed to finish our pints. Then home.

Today is our office potluck Thanksgiving lunch. I made garlic mashed potatoes, and they smell wonderful! Will run a bit on the treadmill tonight if I run at all. Very glad it's Friday!

Tramps

, and

=====================

but

Yay!!!!!  I've been wondering when you might pop up again!  You've been missed.

Welcome back!!!  Hope the recovery's going well.

Don't remember if I posted last night, don't think so. DH and I had an event at a brewery last night

Cause and effect? 

Be safe. Be kind.

mrrun

TomWhite - just repeating and agreeing with everyone - welcome back - you've been missed as well as your initials for pool running.

5 miles this morning in the dark - missed all the puddles

i don't belong to a gym, so can't comment on the odors

good luck to w/e racers - KSA, PAUL and any anonymous runners

marj