Masters Running


Monday's Daily, 9.16.13 (Read 50 times)


    Mornin' everyone!


    TomW - I guess you need that mirror to see the Goose of Doom about to swoop down on you! Glad you got it fixed (duck duct tape?).


    Evanflein - yesterdays 11.9 mi racewalk took me about 2:20 (LSD pace). Now you know why I was ready for breakfast afterwards.Can't believe you've got snow in the forecast already!


    Great racing, Sarge! Congrats on the hardware, and your consistent 5K times.


    Great pre-race photo, Marj!


    Still thinking of you, Holly - (()).


    Good luck with Mr. Legs, Enke!


    Nice racing, CNY!


    I got a sore neck from just reading about your adventures, Robin!  Big grin


    Nice job on the hills, LaT.


    Denise, can't believe (actually, I can) that you raced again the day after your trying tri. Congrats on the raffle prize!


    Looks like great running and squirrel chasing all around yesterday!


    SRD today. DW and I got married 35 years ago today. We're celebrating by taking the day off from work to continue to work on our firewood shed (framing is done; rafters have to be secured, then roof panels with cedar shakes, and some kind of vented siding - we're following a plan, but also making changes as we go along). Maybe tonight we'll go out to dinner.


    Have a greta Monday!



    Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

    King of PhotoShop

      Happy anniversary Jay!


      Just another recovery day for me after Saturday's race.  Short as the race was, I don't get my legs back from racing for a couple of days, so we did 3.4 today on the dirt.


      And it's conference call day for some reason. I have them stacked up one right after another.  Bye.  Spareribs

        Good morning Jay and Ribs. Happy anniversary Jay! If you make your DH work hard all day, you owe her dinner out. Good luck with your project.


        And good luck with all of your conference calls Ribs.


        It was downright chilly here this morning. 42° with a "stiff" breeze out of the NW. Mondays are nice and quiet in the Y pool so I swam for 45 minutes and pool ran for half an hour. Got out just in time as a senior water fitness class was starting in the diving well. Oh wait - I'm a senior too Big grin


        Holly - I hope you're doing okay. Prayers and thoughts are going your way this morning...


        Hey Enke - good for you! Bachelor #2 sounds nice, and I'm glad you've got another date scheduled.


        I hope everyone's week is getting off to a good start. Have a great day!

          Jay--congrats on the anniversary.

          Enke—I agree with your boss’ advice and “down to earth” is a big plus.

          Sarge—I’m confused.  You ran a half marathon back-to-back with a 5K? Ouch.

          CNY—Wow.  Nice racing in that 10K …and right after a marathon.

          Robin—Canobie Lake!  We lived about a mile away for two (?) years.  Did you hit the race track? Wink

          LaT—I chuckle every time I see that “cone-of-shame” avatar.  Poor guy.

          Ribs—Interesting effect in that photo.  They’re doing something to digitally enhance the shot (their “secret sauce” as they say).  Kind of the digital equivalent of a portrait artist making sure everyone’s happy!



          Nice comfortable morning + ominous looking rain clouds on the horizon = sproinky 10 mile run.  And I beat the rain, too. Smile

          MM #5616

            Howdy masters,


            I've had no internet service at home since last Friday afternoon - probably something to do with the storm, although we have phone service, and our internet is DSL provided through the phone company.  Anyway, I'm at work today, so I can catch up a little bit with all of you!  We've gotten through the great Colorado flood relatively unscathed, although the canyon that I live on is closed for rockslides, so I had to take an alternate route to work.  I came down Clear Creek canyon this morning, and there were all kinds of waterfalls, where there have never been waterfalls before.  And I saw 3 bighorn sheep standing in the road!


            Happy anniversary to Jay and your DW!

            Happy dating, Enke!


            I ran the Elk Creek Trail marathon on Saturday - one of the driest days in the whole week, fortunately!  It only rained for the last 4 miles, along with some small hail, but the trail was in good shape and not very muddy at all.  I finished in 5:46:32, and took 1st in the 50-99 AG out of 3!  There were only 23 people in the marathon, and 67 in the half marathon.  Fun race!  This is at about mile 12:

            I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

            Marathon Maniac #957

              Happy Anniversary, Jay and Mrs. Jay!


              Wildchild - congratulations on 1st AG!


              No run for me today, 30 minutes or so of weights and core instead.


              I had already scheduled today off for the marathon travel-home day, so I stayed home, but logged into my work computer from home and put in most of a workday.  We continue to wait, each day sure that it must be the last, but my mom fights on, although she is no longer responsive in any way.  Heading back over there in a little while.


              I hope that my posting about this here has not been terribly over-sharing.  Somehow, while I wouldn't dream of posting about this vigil on Facebook, I feel comfortable enough to share it here.  Still, I apologize for the depressing subject.

              Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

              The Goofinator

                Post away, Holly.  We're here for you.  {{{HUGS!!}}}


                Great pic, Carolyn!  And 1st in your AG - Sweet!

                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain


                Trail Runner Nation

                  It wouldn't matter if wildchild was at mile 12 or 52, she always looks like she is running good and enjoying every step.


                  I slept in a little too much to run this morning but I did get in 5.77 miles at lunch.

                  And so it goes

                  Trails are hard!

                    Some day I'll get a picture of me with both feet off the ground and not looking like I'm walking.  (No offence, Jay)

                    Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.



                      Some day I'll get a picture of me with both feet off the ground and not looking like I'm walking.  (No offence, Jay)


                      +1 and my DD is smiling while running in race pics and i look like i'm dying


                      congrats wildchild and cny

                      happy anniversary jay


                      ran a slow 3 this afternoon after a bike ride to yoga this morning


                        ooooooooooo jay//............I should have seen THAT one coming///////



                        good gottcha


                        Happy Anniversary........



                        ...holly//.........we'll let YOU know if it's too much...........



                        it's not.

                        ..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

                          Back from the relay.  I had a great time!  Amazingly, our team finished 3rd in the Freestyle Division!  (Freestyle means we were not obliged to run in any particular order.)  I told our team captain to mail a check to my office.  I can hardly wait to see how much we won!  Alas, the money will have to make up for the lovely Mariposai's departure.  I cannot believe she arrived, stayed two weekends and is now gone!  The days flew by.  Speaking of time flying by I am really sorry that I did not get to spend more of it with coastwalker and Deez4boyz.  They came all the way to the Hampton Beach finish area to meet Mariposai and me.  Then between finish area organizing by me (I am sort of team vice-captain) and subsequently losing them when they went to the beer tent I hardly spent 5 minutes with our guests before they left.  They were a nice five minutes but I sorely wish they were more like a nice 50+ minutes.


                          I am dead tired from the race.  I have a meeting with which to end the day and all I want to do is sleep.

                          Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

                          Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->

                            Great photo WildChild !


                            Holly...It sure isn't easier when they hang on like that. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

                              Beautiful day for a bike ride 25.6 miles on the Little Beaver Greenway trail.  66F & sunny


                              Tramps, I ran the 5k course before the race at 7:55am,  then ran a half marathon race w/DW at 8:30am,  then ran the 5k course again at 10:20am. The 5k race was 8:45 am I did not run in that.

                              Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

                                Back to the wild west where the deer and antelope roams!

                                Way too tired to put into words all the memorable minutes and days I spent with my most gracious host and hostess, Twocat and Mrs. Twocat. Everyday day I spent with them was stamped with precious moments and experiences. I definitely feel so fortunate to have them as friends.  (ohh and shall I tell you what an amazing cook twocat is? well...that is old news around here already, right?) Big grin


                                Reach the Beach was a blast. I really enjoy running relays and the Rosie Ruiz Fun Club members are just fun to hang out with. Seriously, the team is a blast to hang out with, so good that I am willing to travel over 3000 miles to hang out with them. This year we had some fast young college students who helped us "old folks" with our pace. Reaching the beach was a monumental task (I raced 24 miles in less than 24 hours), but  each mile we covered meant that twocat and I were closer to see Jay and deez4boys.


                                Both Jay and Deez4boys were so patient with us as we group and regroup with our team for the finish line last run as a team.

                                Deez4boys was shining after her magnificent tri event. BTW, she looks stunning.

                                And what can I say about Jay?, what a gentle soul! I really had a great time chatting with him. I am so glad I finally had a chance to spend some quality time with one of RA Master's anchor. Of course my admiration for him increased tremendously before the end of our visit!


                                This is a picture that deez4boys took on her cell phone. Maybe twocat has other shots of the four of us that he can shared.


                                Off running, on my way home I was too tired so keep on driving so I decided to stop the car and run 8 miles on the Grand Coulee Dam half marathon course. When I got home I did some core workout before making some yummie turkey curry for dinner.


                                Fighting with jet lag big time here, but since I have a big day at work tomorrow I must force my body to be functioning again on Pacific Standard Time. I sure don't know how Karin, Spareribs and others handle all their cross country travels.


                                Ohhh, I can't help it! I must post this one too SmileBig grin


                                "Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard