Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - w/e 04/17 (Read 513 times)

.....soooo, whatcha got cookin'?

SOB 50k in Ashland again, July 10, against the desires of Coach Bill.  He wanted me to take time of off  "competition training."  Told him I need some reason for getting out of bed at the gawd awful hours I do, and promised that it would be a "fun run."  If I finish, I finish.  If I don't, I don't.   I'm also keeping my fingers crossed I get into McKenzie Forest 50k in September.  They should be posting the lottery results tomorrow.  Only allowing a field of 150.  If I don't get into that, I think PCTR has a run closer to home in September.

I walked up 3 flights of stairs at the courthouse today.

--

--

--

My legs are tired.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jfa

For pete's sake Leslie, you should be tired!!

Thanks for all the well wishes guys.

Ok, about 12hrs to go to showtime. Rainy and windy now but doesn't look to be quite as bad in the morning. Just have to deal with what's dealt us. Some things different about this one.

1- Family and friends to attend. If the weather's bad, at least they'll be at the finish. Might spread out on the course.

2- It's small. About 400-500 people, I think.The smallest crowd I have run a full with is about 8,000.

3- Close to home. If there's a home field advantage to running, I have it. Most of this course has seen my feet for hundreds of miles.

4-Straight line. I am used to having to come back from where I started, this is one long straight line.

5- Company, possibly running with FlourCity who hangs in the Swamp mostly.He's probably faster than me but, may have some time to shoot the breeze.

Had a nice big pasta dinner and going to hit the hay early. I'll have to leave in disguise in the morning, Buddy knows when it's the weekend.

Planning on breaking the 4hr barrier tomorrow, just gotta beleive!

See ya on the flip side !

Joe - You got 4 in the bag, one step closer to that BQ.  Hmmm....methinks the taper has given you lots of time to think this week Smile  Now it's time to just go run (yes, without the dog)!
        Progress Trumps Pefection
          Jewels....I missed a shout out to Jewels in my earlier post.  Hey Jewels!
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

So - Waiting for Joe . . . . .

Did 5 miles last night, and the worst part was the muscles in my back around my upper rib cage. 

Today - I worked out by getting out of bed around 7:30, getting dressed and going for a coffee and a loaded bagel, laying on a massage table for an hour, with a side of shopping for work pants (almost a bust) and some plants for my neglected yard.  *yawn!* I need a nap.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance