Masters Running

Friday, October 16th runs and best wishes (Read 373 times)

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

I can officially start the thread this morning.  Went for a six miler on the rail trail here in Northwich, Cheshire UK.  Yesterday, I ran the trail from end to end.  It's called the White Gate Way trail, and it's beautiful.  I'm guessing it was around a 13  - 14 mile run.

Yesterday was a team treasure hunt  (part of the training program) in the city of Chester.  It's an old roman outpost - a walled in city.  One building was built in 1272, yet it had the UK equivalent of a 'for rent' sign in the window.  You just don't get that kind of era juxtaposition in the states.  Chester was a wonderful city.

The best wishes are for all those racers this weekend.  Good luck to all, but especially to our first time marathoner (dg).  You will either see it as a once in a lifetime experience, or something you wish to repeat again and again.  Either way, you will remember it forever.  Drink it in and enjoy.

'morning PBJ.  What a great place you're visiting!

Up early here to finish packing and get on the road.   We're going to try to get to the expo tonight so that we won't have that chore tomorrow.  I'm determined to tour one of the mansions in Newport, so that will be our time on our feet tomorrow. 

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I enjoyed my rest day so much yesterday that I took another one today!   Although last night I had Tone Zone, so it wasn't a full rest day, and it was a great workout as usual (I say this after the fact).   Today is a FULL rest day

Sounds like a beautiful run this morning PBJ.

Have a safe trip PDR and WRFB!   Extra baby hugs too!!

Happy Friday!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

7.6 in 1:08.....first run since Monday, longest since the marathon, all is good.

Good luck to all racers!

Slo

Good Morning all !

I'm excited for all our racers this weekend. Wishing everyone happy and enjoyable running !

Morning, gang!

Nice kick off by PBJ - how about some pictures of the trail??

PDR - the Newport mansions are so kewl!  I'm hoping to get over there for a tour after they decorate for the holidays.   Good luck with the race!!

Walt - nice run!

The hamstring is still iffy, so I kept it to a very easy 5 miles on the treadmill @ 10:36 and 140 AHR.  I'm starting to wonder if this is a nerve thing and not muscle/tendon.  The pain seems to shift, and I can't produce pain with any palpation.

The weather man pooped it yesterday - snow started when we were leaving work, and by the time we got home the ground was covered.  No accumulation,  huh?  We had enough accumulation to knock out the TV satellite.  The weekend looks like a washout as well.  Good thing I'm planning to ditch the weekendlong run - I don't think missing it will make any difference with only  a week left before the race. 

Wishing fleet feet and fine weather for our weekend racers - just make it to the finish line injury free and smiling! 

Go dg!!!!!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Rest day for me. 

I slept in till 5:30, wished I could have slept longer.

PBJ – your trip sounds wonderful!

I’d better check the garden tonight for any last-minute tomatoes to harvest.  Saturday night is supposed to be the coldest yet of the season and the first frost, but at least it looks like we may have clear skies for the race (keeping my fingers crossed on that). 

I’m hoping the rain in Indianapolis holds off for RCG and the rocket scientist to have a dry marathon there tomorrow.

DS is taking the PSAT tomorrow morning.  He’s only in the 7th grade, but they offer it so that the junior high kids can get a chance to see what the questions are like, and they can later check their answers online.  He probably won’t thank me for signing him up for a 3-hour test on a Saturday morning, though....

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

lamerunner

Good morning!

First run in nine weeks!!  first snow too. DS was very excited. He is eagerly awaiting the ski season, looking at race equipment  catalogs etc.

I only ran 4 miles and felt slow, but my foot held up. Untimed, thankfully.

Legs were a bit sore from a hard cycling class last night, and these orthotics will take some getting used to, but it is a start.  Icing my foot now just in case.  A little achiness at the end of the run, but not bad. How it  feels  tomorrow morning may be more revealing

it was chilly but not as chilly as I thought; I was  overdressed, which is unusual for me.  Great to get out though...

Good luck to all the weekend marathoners. It will be a chilly Bay State but it does not look too wet.  Kind of blustery now.

I may swim later if I I have time.

wildchild

Carolyn

Yay lamerunner!  Congrats on your return to running - hope the foot feels good tomorrow.

I'm already looking forward to the weekend RRs.  So racers, please work on composing your report as you're running! It'll help keep your thoughts occupied and make the miles fly by.  Try to notice lots of little details and pay attention to your surroundings!  Sometimes I get in such a "zone" when I'm running that I forget to really soak in the experience.

Last night's run was another 5 trail miles, avg pace about 10:27.  The trail was half dirt and half paved bike path along Clear Creek in Golden. Very pretty evening, and warm (64°) so there were lots of people on the path - runners, dog walkers, bikers, families - including a whole crowd of shirtless cross country guys, probably from Colorado School of Mines. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

dg.

hi all!

I've only skimmed.    still packing... I don't travel light.   dh reminded me that the car has a weight limit.  

Sue, thanks...        Do you think it could have something to do with your S/I joint?  I know I sound like a broken record but that is what was behind mine.      Can tie in with nerve things too.... knee bone is connected to the ..

ok I'll stop.   I hope you get this figured out soon.

Go Beers!    Go Holly Go Byll Go Robert!    Smile     I know there must be somebody I'm missing.   Go TomD, Denise, Sarge, Tramps, Helen, Joe! 

now I should go.  and get ready.  ;-)

oh... i did get my pt prescription re-activated, went this morning.  she has me all tweaked again, i got some good suggestions for keeping the various pieces in line.    I'm being really careful not to blow it.

have a great weekend!

Mariposai

What a big weekend is this for RAland.

where is perchcreek?

off for a run.

Posieson1 is home for a few days. Call me happy Posie.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hi Happy Posie!

After freezing temps and snow last week and weekend, I got to run in shorts today!  It's almost 60 out and Sunday may flirt with 70 .  Our gardens are all brown, but it's always good to welcome the sun.

Carolyn, I like the area around Golden--I stayed there some whiles ago and had a wonderful trip.

Yes, it is a greta weekend for RA, it will be nice thinking about our racers, and knowing we are all going about our weekends connected by the good thoughts we are sending (and the envy we are working on keeping under control ).

Here's another variation on the Holly Crockpot dish--I used chicken, then last night, added some various Asian veggies to the leftovers, some CHinese 5 Spice powder, a little sesame oil and a teensy bit of hot oil.  It was really tasty over rice.

TGIF!

grins,

A

5 happy miles in 45:48

Edited to add:  I meant to ask, after being reminded by last week's Splendid Table: anyone else like squid ink pasta?  I haven't had it in a long time but maybe next weekend......and it's so right for the season!

Masters 2000 miles
                          TammyinGP

Hi Masters! I'm excited for all you racers this weekend! I always look forward to reading the RR's with my morning coffee on Mondays.

Another day off work for me, so after dropping DS off at school, I headed up to the gym again. Had a chiro appt and a glute/hip massage by his massage therapist.  Only ran 3 miles on the TM this morning, as I'm planning on running later while DS has football practice. I did lots of weight work today - upper and lower body, ab work, and the elliptical.  Now I guess I'll rest my legs a bit and get ready for run #2 later.

Tammy

Well, this is different.  Online to RA from 35,000 feet (on the airplane!  How cool is that?

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Wow! Breger is high....in the sky! Cool and yet don't tell my office---only for RA access.

GOOD LUCK WEEKEND RACERS

Sue---I think the weather folks are smokin' dope or something. Sun is out here and it was supposed to be wet snow and Armageddon. Snow flurries this morning though.

I am just back from a day at the headquarters in Albany----sounds so official to say headquarters...ha! A three room office suite in Latham, NY where the two founding partners of the firm live.

Anyway---went for a fast 4 miler at 6 am and then jumped into the car. All good. Windy with snow flurries.

Hi Lamerunner! Excellent news on the run----progress is progress no matter the speed. Hope this is the road back for you.

Happy Posie is in the house. Hurray.

Wow Holly, your DS must love you!

Squid ink pasta...YUM!