Masters Running

Friday (Yes!), 1.27.17 (Read 41 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Yesterday's workouts: Henry & Marj (ran/walked a few miles in mild FL); C-R (1.5 mi. run + 30 min on the bike); Tramps (9 warm again miles); TW (hourly 10 min on the bike as back therapy); Tet (5 wet, foggy walk-a-mute miles); Catwhoorg (5 lunchtime miles); Leslie (6 rocketing, hacking miles); Twocat (9ish, with and without the TP); Jlynne (3.5 icy, windy miles); Spacityrunner (2.6 quick miles in the cold); Enke (3 easy miles, with a road rage chaser); Mike (7 colder and windier miles); Flats (6 TM, pre-pizza, non-judgemental miles); Mariposai (5 winged and windy, post-work miles); Evanflein (6.3 pre-pizza and wine miles).

Sorry about the ongoing back spasms, TW. I hope the muscle-relaxing thoughts help.

I hope you're feeling better, Holly.

Pop-up meetings are the risk with lunch-time runs, Catwhoorg.

Sorry about the passing of your GC, Twocat. Young guy.

Enke, when people tailgate me, I tend to slow down even more. They eventually get the message and back off, or they pass me.

Evanflein, I assume that any and all info about me that I put out there is being sold, so why should medical data be any exception? Speaking of medical folks, I love it when I go to a new practitioner and they give me a paper to sign that says I agree with their privacy policy. But they don't give me the privacy policy. So I won't sign till they do - I'm sure they think I'm some crotchety pain in the a$$, but why should I agree to something that I know nothing about? It is also stoopid for them to ask anyone to sign that without providing a copy of the PP. I also opt out of everything I can opt out of, but I doubt it makes any difference.

I went 8.4 miles in mild, 37F breezy weather this morning. It started out clear, then some clouds moved in and dropped some sprinkles on my head, and then they moved out. So it goes.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning Jay and all who follow!!

Jay - you do know I was kidding about the sleeping in part yesterday right?

Enke - I tend to slow down more when I have people behind me like that too!!

Holly - hope things go ok for your DD!! I am flying to So Beach Miami next Friday, then Sat the cruise heads out to St Thomas, Tortola, and Nassau -- really hope I am feeling better and don't get motion sick!!  DH will be flying back and forth with me, but will be fishing in the Keys with other friends during the weekend instead of cruising!!

Pizza -- I have been in the mood for pizza!! Will have to indulge some this weekend!!

TwoCat - sorry about the loss of your handyman guy

Rochrunner - can't believe that happened to your pilot friend!! What a nightmare!!

Henry and Marj look like they are enjoying some beautiful weather!! I can't wait for some of that!!

It was  2 day for me today - One hour computraining this morning, 22.22 miles - tough workout - hoping to sweat out some of this cold!! Then went out for a windy run of 2.25 miles!!

Have a great Friday everyone!!

denise

Tramps

I know I’m getting a late start when Jay’s already posted about his long 8-miler before I’ve even headed out the door.

10 mile trail run in more normal seasonal temps than we’ve had recently--gusty in the mid-30s (which I know is a heat wave for some of you). I'm trying to get my gimpy knee accustomed to the uneven terrain of trails again and--after a tough attempt on Sunday--it seemed to do well today, so I'm pleased. Beautiful out there today in the woods.

Enjoy the weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

8 miles for me this morning.  Seemed to go pretty good.

I took the day off work to give myself a 3-day weekend, but at 4:30 yesterday someone sent my stuff that needed to be done by February 1st. So I may have to sign on and do some work anyway.  I'll probably wait for tomorrow so no one else will be working and interrupt me with even more work.

TammyinGP

went to my painting event last night with my mom and a couple friends. This is only the 2nd time I've done this and my moms first time. and my other friend that was there and has done ALOT of these said this was the hardest one she's done. my mom felt better knowing that because it was more challenging than she thought.

but here's the finished project. my trees are a bit more snow heavy than I think I wanted, but I guess with all that snow we recently had, that was the vision stuck in my head.

Image may contain: one or more people and table

on the running side of things - I hope to go for a run after work this afternoon. Smile

Tammy

Never EVER judge when pizza is involved . . . unless, of course, you're judging a pizza-making contest.

Sweet painting, Tammy. One of the young women in our office goes to a weekly painting class like that.  She loves it.

Ended up going home in the afternoon after spending half the day coughing up various portions of my lungs.  Was smart enough to bring my cough suppresant with me today.  Gotta prove to The Hub I'm well enough to run Clam Beach tomorrow.

Yesterday there was a high surf warning here.  Some bozo decided to drive out onto the North Jetty to check out the action.  Scroll down in the article to the video portion.

First - I'm guessing that if he started the adventure with clean underwear, it was fairly soiled by the time he was rescued.

Second - Soooooo . . . . it sounds like the cameraman was one of the first people to see what was happening. Did he bother to call 911 or just film the whole thing to see how it all would go down? Get the story first!!

Happy Friday ~ Have a Great Weekend ~~

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Nice painting, Tamster! Wish I had some talent in that area but no such luck.

That video is unbelievable, Leslie! I thought the guy was a goner if I didn't know better.

Decent conditions for outdoor running this morning -- low 30s and cloudy with a bit of a breeze -- so I headed out for a short one. I just realized the other day that with all the mild temps and rain recently, the nearby rail-trail had completely thawed, drained, and dried out. So it was a treat to run on it in January when it's usually impassable. Some others must have agreed, as I saw more other runners out than is typical for a weekday morning at this time of year.

Three miles (all I had time for) at a 10-ish pace.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

C-R

Good running and race walking today.

Nice painting. I would hang that in my home.

4 miles today. Things are improving.

My theory on pizza - there are no bad pizzas - just varying shades of good.

Have a good one.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Marathon Maniac #957

Enke, when people tailgate me, I tend to slow down even more. They eventually get the message and back off, or they pass me.

I do that too...

Deez - so are you going on the cruise alone?  (Actually, that sounds like an awesome idea.)

Leslie - awesome footage!  Either a supreme idiot, or a tourist who didn't hear the warnings.

Tammy - nice painting!

Dave - this being the last weekend of the month, I will be remoting into my desktop too.

DD does not appear to have been kicked off the team, at least not so far.  She had to sit out the game on Wednesday, but apparently nothing more was said to her at practice on Thursday.  Keeping my fingers crossed she has learned her lesson this time.  One good thing, I discovered that I can log into our wireless account and remotely suspend her phone service.  Currently she is grounded until Monday and I have turned off the data on her phone, but we have Wi-Fi at home, so this is only a minor punishment.  However, the knowledge that I can turn off her phone completely gives me some power. 

50 times across the pool for me today (1250 yards) and then home to run 5 miles on the TM.

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

My theory on pizza - there are no bad pizzas - just varying shades of good.

I used to have a dog that would scarf down pizza in one gulp - occasionally leaving onions.  One time I got pizza from a different place which was inedible.  She looked at me with big dog eyes and said "  i'll eat it this time, but don't ever buy it again!

3-4 miles in ft lauderdale near some roads and parks that a man in the elevator told me about.  followed by walks and lunch at different beaches.  would have stayed longer except for a sudden downpour.

nice runs/walks for everyone.

jlynne - was talking to a man who works as a football receiver trainer and lives in wisconsin in the summer and florida in the winter. deez - we have friends leaving for a cruise around feb 5 or 6 - guess you're on a different one!  ((fatozzig)) Shout outs to everyone else!

marj

Dave59

We had a group get together a week ago and one person said they were bringing pizza. I was really looking forward to it. But he brought thin crust veggie pizza. That is not pizza to me. It was a huge disappointment. I've been dreaming of real pizza for a week. Maybe tomorrow I'll indulge.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I have to make this quick--I'm heading out for another birthday dinner.  Only, this time, it's not for Debbie.  It's my older twin granddaughters.  They're turning 15.

I did 6 miles, tonight.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

catwhoorg

Labrat

7.7 on my "hill" route from work.

Feels hillier on the bike than it does running, but I'm still logging it as such.

Had a retirement lunch for a coworker who is retiring on the 31st with 42 years at the company under her belt so it had to be done at the end of the day

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

One mile on the tm to try to keep my streak alive.

All this talk of pizza makes me hungry. Mmmmmmm.  Pizza. I love pizza. The only complaint I ever had with a pizza was when someone brought a vegan pizza. Not even the fake cheese was on it. Just tomato sauce and some veggies. And on a thin crust.  IMO that's not pizza but bruschetta.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

I did not run but figured I would post anyway.

TammyinGP nice painting. A bit haunting, at least that is how it shows up on my laptop screen.

evanflein I cannot think of anything in my medical record I would worry about having get out to the world. But I can imagine some things that others have had (like a former addiction) that they would rather not see spread beyond a need to know basis.

While I did not go running today I did break out the smoker my DW got me for Hanukkah and produced a rack of ribs. Sort of ironic, ribs in a Hanukkah present? To help out, we had cauliflower breadsticks. They have cheese in them. My claim is the kosher rules work like multiplication. If you have two treif items together in the same meal then just as -1*-1=+1 you now have a kosher meal!  My kosher friends are not convinced. But I am!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/