Masters Running

Wenatchee Marathon RR (Read 363 times)

Mariposai

Today I ran my 6th marathon, the Wenatchee Marathon. The weather at the starting line was less than desirable. I was wearing layers of clothes, but even then I had a hard time keeping warm. Of course my heart got warmer after receiving a big hug from our ultra goddess arf The snow turned into rain after a while, but at that point we did not care about the weather any more since the beauty of the scenery (a bike path with breath taking views of the Cascades Mountains and the Columbia River) just make it possible to concentrate on the task at hand...stay in marathon pace. I was lucky to have the ultra goddess arf as a pacer for a while. (Thanks arf for allowing me to tag along with you. I just loved to see you run...you make it look so easy and I covet your form .) Once I had my race pace steady, I peel off from arf to run from within to try to aim for a PR. By this time the snow had cleared off and the weather was just lovely with the sun and the wild flowers to keep us company. The hillier course (more than I had anticipated), the weather and the curvy route of the bike path prevented me to get a PR, but I am very happy with my 4:37 time since I feel like I emptied the tank before I crossed the line. Here is the picture of the two goddesses at the finish line. Then came the best part...the boomer party with arf, divechief, rusmussen, runerwife, Mr. Mariposoi and I. Thanks for all your encouraging words during my training. You guys are so awesome.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

No...You are Awesome...But I see you didn't wear your wings this time... Great Job and thanks for the Pics...
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

impresionante comadre. it looks like an alpine ski race at the start but metamorphosed into summer by the end. wonder why? ji ji nice to have the now provin'-they're-PNW'ers-for-sure there in the snow too, any guddina sighting.....? any real summer ones planned?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Thanks for the RR and the pictures!! The first one made me double check my calander. Brrrr.

SteveP

What a great report. You did just a SUPER job and of course look great in the process. That was an excellent time with the weather conditions being so varied. It is hard to dress for a change like that. Thanks for the pictures. Everyone looks just fantastic. Congratulations on #6.
            Vista
              Nice job on number 6. Loved the first picture with smiles all around.

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

very nice race and report. Looks like the weather turned beautiful for your finish.
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

King of PhotoShop

I'm very happy for you Mariposai. Yes, there was no PR, but this didn't look like an easy trip. You probably were understating how difficult it really was. We're all so proud of you, and thank you for the pics and your always upbeat attitude. I see you had your shoes off at the finish. Was that for Tet? Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

not even any blisters from all that nature threw at you and you subdued but even my bare feet would have something on them in those kind of conditions, . . . probably skis.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

huskydon

Great job! Brrr, it looks way too cold to be out running!! Great lookin' bunch of folks, too! Congrats, and thanks for the report/ pics. I didn't see any apple trees, though. huskydon
                        Congrats on a well run race! The pictures are fabulous! I was thinking about you on my run yesterday in the sleet, and it made me toughen up. So, number 7??

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Congratulations on marathon #6!..and in such weather conditions...it ought to count double!! Thank you for the very nice, happy pictures!! Living in the PNW as well, I'm still hoping we'll get to pick the same race sometime soon and meet up! Ciao!
                            Mariposai, Great marathon, way to go in tough conditions. You did awesome and I love seeing the boomer pics. Thank you so much. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Way to go! Super job. Thanks for sharing the race report and pics! Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

jules2

Great pictures, weather looks likes the UK in Summer, well done

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.