Masters Running

The weight is nearing - Are you ready for Bikini Season? (Read 491 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

I am!!! (grins) ------Boy, after changing some things in my diet, and quiting drinking all together, I am already down to my happy weight of 155 pounds. And if I keep at it - which I will - I will be down to my true goal weight of 150 pounds in a few more weeks. I have been eating lots and lots of fruit like grapefruit (which for what ever reasons is VERY good right now) - oranges - grapes - and I bought some very juicy and great tasting pears also -----Like Tampster, I found my extra pounds hard to come off at first, then after sticking with it our bodies adjust to what we are doing and responds accordingly. Like Tues I weighed myself after I had plateaued for a while, and the number I saw on the scale was like.....OMG, that is awesome! Plus I have increased my running miles considerably, but as we all know...that does not mean weight loss automatically, huh? ------Hope all of you are keeping at it, and never give up on your goals. If I can loose well over 100 pounds years ago, well, you all can achieve your personal goals too Ya know!!!! ------Okay, when is the official RA Bikini contest....I will "reluctantly" volunteer to be the judge (grins) - TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Careful what you ask for, Tim.  Although there's probably not TOO many of these physiques around this site. 

Steady at 190.  the no seconds diet habit has not kicked in yet.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Kimmie

That is awesome, Tim!

I'm hoping to lose some weight, so this is motivational.

Thanks for posting!

Marathon Maniac #957

I think my birthday weekend did some damage, but I won't find out until tomorrow when I weigh.  On the plus side, I HAVE been keeping to my goal of eating more fruits and vegetables, bringing lots of chopped raw veggies to work to munch on. 

Timbo - you're right, the grapefruit has been delish lately!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

That conference I was at in Scottsdale had the most amazing food... Oh boy. I weighed myself before I left Monday morning (141.5) and after I got back Saturday a.m., just for reference (146.5) Oofda. So... spent the weekend trying to be good, and was 142 on this past Monday. That wasn't too bad, but it was my post-long-run weight which is always down. Checked again this morning cuz I know we weigh in on Thursdays, and I was 143.

Down 3.5 since January 1st. Very slow, but in the right direction. Doubt I'll meet my goal of sub 140 by Boston, though.

Thanks, Tim.  I'm down 1.5 to 145 even.  Just 5 more measly pounds, but I know it ain't gonna be easy. 

Like I think I said before, I eat too many carbs, but they're oh so good!  Big fan of bagels.  I eat one every morning with a hard boiled egg that's been mixed up with cream cheese and a low fat Laughing Cow wedge spread on it.  Then I usually have a lf yogurt and granola for a mid morning snack.  The last couple of days, I've been trying to eat a banana instead.  It's just not as exciting.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Big fan of bagels.  I eat one every morning with a hard boiled egg that's been mixed up with cream cheese and a low fat Laughing Cow wedge spread on it. 

OMG - that sounds good!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly - My buddy actually suggested it 'cause she knew she wouldn't be able to get me away from bagels for breakfast and said I needed to eat more protein.  I boil up some eggs at the beginning of the week so it's fast.  I use LF cream cheese, a LF Laughing Cow wedge, some mustard dill sauce, salt, and pepper, toast up the bagel and voila!  Breakfast!

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

#artbydmcbride

So Tim is organizing a speedo season for us?  Big grin

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

170.5  Up 1.

Not at it at all. 

Marathon Maniac #957

Even after trying to be good all week, I am up 1.5 lbs from last week to 117 lbs, which is the VERY TOP OF MY WEIGHT RANGE!!  

I don't understand, I am running a lot, and have really cut back on my evening snacks, but have weighed exactly the same every day this week.  (sigh)

Renewed effort again. 

This is probably going to sound stupid, Holly, but are you eating enough for your level of activity?  Just a thought.

Speedos - Yuck!  This is nice, though!

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

#artbydmcbride

Mmmm I agree Leslie.  Very nice!  Smile

Runners run

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Where'd you get that?  I told my DW never to put my picture on the web.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Where'd you get that?  I told my DW never to put my picture on the web.

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance