Masters Running

Saturday, 5.21.16 (Read 30 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

So, is Mike going to run a marathon this morning, just 'cause he's in the habit of starting his day that way? He ran 131 miles in 5 days, and for me, if I cover that distance in a month I'm doing very well! Just amazing...

But that's old news - on to CellCom! I can't imagine how much trouble fun is brewing with such a great and diverse group of RAers in the same place at the same time!

DW and I went out to a tapas bar for dinner last night, and then watched and laughed and laughed at Paula Poundstone at the local music hall. It was a great evening, but I got to bed 2+ hours later than usual. So I slept in for an extra 45 minutes this morning, and then went out for a good 7.5 mi RW workout. I've been working on trying to improve my cadence this week, but I was a bit fatigued this morning, and so didn't have all that much to show for the effort. So it goes. Now I have to gulp breakfast and get to Town Hall to help host our annual painted rain barrel silent auction.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

...mornin' jay//..........yep, Paula Poundstone had an EPIC Stand-Up Routine, (one of my Favorites)

they ruined it when they gave her a TV Show.......

..also Good to see Tramps checking it.......

===============

..but  I digress....

40-min  PoolRun, nb, cf, ris

off to Knoxville next week to help Claire with Horse Camp...................ohboyohboy

...............good running to ya...............and mikeE TAKE A NAP......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

OK, I seem to be unable to locate Tramps, but I'll take your word for it and welcome him back, too.

"Helping " DW at a fundraiser for Relay for Life. Once the setup was done, I'm pretty well done 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Went out with the local Joggers Club this morning. Ran with a friend of mine who had a broken tibia and is just returning to running. He went 6 I went another 1 for a total of 7.

With the arrival of spring I know wildchild will start posting pictures of the beautiful mountain vistas where she runs. But, I just want to remind everyone here that nothing tops the picturesque underpasses we have here in CT! Today my route took me under two of these beauties that I rarely see.

Really, where else are you going to see anything like that! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Dave59

I ran a little 5k in the little town of Milton WV.

27:37   8:40 8:57 9:04 :53

4 of 40 overall

3 of 14 male

2 of 2 55-59

Ainsley's Juvenile Diabetes Awareness 5k.  I scored picture that was personally colored and signed by little Ainsley herself.  A sweet kid who didn't totally enjoy so much attention from strangers but she held up well.

eta: I just received the results of my brain MRI and they found nothing remarkable. I guess that explains why I have been doing the same computer programming job for the last 32 years.    So 5 weeks ago, my right forearm and hand, right lower leg and foot, right side of my mouth and my tongue started tingling & feeling numb while on a run but there is no known explanation. After 3 days of on and off tingling, it went away. A stress test and an MRI came back normal.  Guess I'll file it away until a later date should it ever happen again.

Glad you are back to normal, Dave.

I supose MikeE has all his chores and lawn mowing done now, still time to drive to GB.

Jay, I hear Paula P. On NPR and this she is.a hoot.  I would like to see pictures of the rain barrels.

tTime for us to head over to the house for pasta supper that Holly is making. I have felt kinda crummy today and don't know why. Maybe it is because I have not run since Wednesday!

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Twocat, those are really lovely underpasses, and I am not joking!  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.  And I'd rather be running under the road than up and over.  Gorgeous.  

I spent the morning, about 4 hours in the rain with MBE cutting down my laurel hedge.  He did most of the work.  He is tireless that guy!  Or OCD or something.  My neighbour graciously let us pack all the cut brush into his trailer and he took it to the yard waste recycling.  Then MBE went out for a 50 mile bike ride!  I was exhausted.  I should have taken a before and after picture.  I hated that bush.

But I did pit 12 cups of cherries while he was gone and hope to make 3 pies tomorrow!  Yay, it's pie season!!!

No run today...tapering for my 5K tomorrow.  I know, that is kind of a joke.

Dave, glad to hear all is ok now.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

Amy ran the 5k today, and won her AG... we were waiting around for her to come back and started getting worried, then Holly thought that hey, she might've gotten an AG placing and is staying around for the awards. Well, duh, of course that's what happened. We went to lunch afterwards, then drove up to find Lake Michigan (Door County) and found lots of fun things, including the unincorporated community of Alaska, Wisconsin. Really. I never knew there was such a place.

Came back to get a pasta dinner ready, but Holly and Amy did all the work. Really, I'm loafing a lot on this trip and loving it. Starr and her DH came for dinner, and Jlynne came over afterwards for a visit. What a fun group! It is really true that the best part of these race trips is the gathering of friends, new and old. Now we're settling in for the night and will be up at 5 to get ready for the 7 a.m. start. Good thing we're starting early, really, since it'll get pretty warm tomorrow.

Glad to hear Dave is fine ("unremarkable" I believe, was the term), Mike's feet are wrapped in ice and recovering, and Enke is up to her elbows in cherries! Jay and tomwhite, I love Paula Poundstone, too. She was in Fairbanks a couple years ago and we had a lot of fun, lots of laughs. Stumpy, I didn't find Tramps here either (?) and you did more for your DW's fund raiser than I've had to do here for meals and cleanup. Sometimes it just works out that way, right? Twocat, I'm with Enke.... would rather go under those nice quite underpasses than over them! Ok everyone, good night. Big day tomorrow in these parts.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Have Happy Cellcoming.

Erica - on our family circumnavigation of the lower 48 in '83, we made it a point to go through Alaska, Wisconsin. Didn't have anything that indicated any recognition of where the name came from and nobody we asked knew why.

ps - I doubt, though, if you think Wisconsin is anything like "cold" in May.

Nice underpasses twocat but I bet you don't have any so unsightly that the only public postings that seem to be available are of the overpass ports.  If the copy/paste works, these are two I go under, at 0.4 miles and 4.8 miles, respectively, on my five mile morning cycle or running 'mute.

0.4 miles 

Image result for mercer island 1-90 overpasses images 

. . ....... . . ......

4.8 mi (Dearborn Street w/ Nicholsville Homeless Camp)

Image result for dearborn i-5 overpass images

No wonder I love Mary's Falls up in GS-land so much. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)