Masters Running

2's Day 7/7 Master Runs and Fun Stuff with Friends (Read 398 times)

Renee the dog

The races today are so expensive though.  Yesterday I signed up for a race using Active and it cost so much I decided to use some other guy's card, but they wouldn't accept it.  I'll have to figure out some other plan.

No fair! You made me laugh out loud while I'm trying to put the kids to bed.  Ribs -- you are postponing my nap due to two wee ones now wanting to know "What's so funny?"

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Don't look now Spareribs, but the SWAT Team has your house surrounded.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

TomS - sweet running weather - nice 8-miler!

dg - glad you had really really really wonderful running weather too!

Eliz - I'm a newly annointed Mah Jong addict - can't leave it alone once I get started.  I haven't dared download a Mah Jong app for the IPhone.   Hope the antibiotics do the trick!

I hoofed it to the gym for my bike workout between storms.  Looks like another big one is bearing down on us.....

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Where is that FBI number when I need it?  BTW, you think they will believe me when I mention they should be looking into the affairs of a guy named "Spareribs?"

I can in theory put some pictures of Crete up.  But first I have to figure out how.    Yea, yea, I know it is "easy" but I still need to figure it out.

Six more days to this platelet-rich plasma injection I am scheduled for.  This morning I did some research into it.  The doctor gave me three articles about it (good for him since I had not even asked) but they are dated and that made me suspicious.  So, off to the NIH web page for more.  On the up side there are a boat load of studies being conducted.  On the down side few are reporting results as yet.  Although one which was completed, that seemed relevant and that I was able to track down was quite encouraging.   In that study recovery times were cut in half, although for a much shorter term problem than I have.  I will admit this is the first time in my life I am looking forward to getting an injection!  

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I'm having computer issues, so ignore this post.  Just trying to figure out what the heck is going on with this site for me.

Alrighty then . . . .

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Speaking of "borrowed" credit cards, this is somewhat related and cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUOtFkH03Mo

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Kevin that is funny.

I had Discover Card call me before Christmas to ask if I'd made several large purchases at a Macy's in Georgia. Nope, not me. They backed out all the charges, canceled my card and sent me a new one. I found the whole process pretty amazing and just stunned that my card number (not the actual card) could make it out that far away...

Mary and I were thinking of trying to get together in Anchorage on the 2nd, but I couldn't make it down there. It's a $300+ round trip flight or a 6 hour drive one way... but I hope she got out for a run on the coastal trail.

Holly, I'm racing that weekend too! July 26 is that 16.5 mile trail/road race down the hill, starting up by the big gold mine ("Fort Knox") north of town and ending at the brewpub right behind my house. Free beer and barbecue after, but you gotta get there early!

I didn't get to go pool running yesterday because the stoopid pool is closed for maintenance till July 20. Seems crazy... school's out, kids are bored, it's hot and smoky outside... let's close the pool! How dumb. So, I didn't do anything but eat, apparently. Feel bloated and full today. Blech.

I'm going to try a run at lunchtime but my foot might still be a bit tender. I lanced that big blister last night (gross) and it feels so much better to get the pressure off it, but it might not like running just yet. It's also very smoky out there with a "moderate" air quality rating. No rain in sight and another week of upper 70's/low 80's forecast... Could be smoky for awhile.

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, I'm racing that weekend too! July 26 is that 16.5 mile trail/road race down the hill, starting up by the big gold mine ("Fort Knox") north of town and ending at the brewpub right behind my house. Free beer and barbecue after, but you gotta get there early!

That sounds like fun!  I love it when they have real food after a longish race like that - to heck with bananas and bagels, I'll take a good barbecue every time.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hiya everyone!  I'm still loving summer out here.  We've got 84 and 46% humidity.   

Sorry about your computer woes, Leslie--hope you straighten it out soon. 

dg, loved those berries you posted.  Summer fruit is so marvelous...and varied.  I get so tired of apples and oranges and bananas in winter. 

So I noticed Gov. Palin's atty is a Van Flein..........is that a relation?

Tammy, I bet DS is doing fine now and will come back Friday with lots of stories to tell.  Sounds as if it was a "moment" there for you both.  I really hope to meet him some day.  I'm curious; what's he said about your accomplishing a marathon?  Best to Laura, too!

Holly, I feel like an eejit--I so rarely use my cell phone, I forget I have it.  I should have offered you mine for the weekend. 

D. ran the 4th of July 10 K this year--last year he walked the 5K.  While he's done some half marathons since last last June 1 (his SCA), this was the first 10K since that race, so it was a good milestone.   IT was an out and abck, so I did not run with him, but went on ahead.  Progress!

Twocat, hope the injection works and quickly.

Break's over--must get back to........y'know, my people, those folks who, like Ribs, are more "creative" at their daily toils than most of the rest of us.....

A.

6.2 easy in Nike Frees just for fun at lunch at 54:55.

Masters 2000 miles
                    TammyinGP

aamos - I don't think my son really has a concept of what it meant to run 26.2, so I had to equate it into time for him rather than distance, so I said something like "mommy ran the whole time it would take you to watch a Pirates of Caribbean movie and a couple episodes of Suite Life" . . . that seemed to put it in a different perspective him and his response, after his jaw dropped, was "that's a LONG time!" . . .  uh yeah, a REAL long time . . . most people can do it alot quicker! LOL

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Aamos-I thought you'd be the one to ask--in all the Seattle weekend pictures of Timbo, I thought he bore a striking resemblance to our beloved Terry.  Anything like that in person?  Just wondering.  Looks like rain tonight.  Bummer.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Computer Woes -

If I log on through Firefox, it says there all these posts on this thread, but it only lets me see Page 1 unless I post something.  If I go through AOL, it will let me go to Page 2, but only shows me all the posts sometimes.  Stoopid computer.

Or maybe it's God's way of saying, "Quit screwing around and get some work done."  Although that's really hard when it's sunny outside and nobody but little ole me is here today.

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Aamos-I thought you'd be the one to ask--in all the Seattle weekend pictures of Timbo, I thought he bore a striking resemblance to our beloved Terry.  Anything like that in person?  Just wondering.  Looks like rain tonight.  Bummer.

Well you know, he never stands still long enough to draw any comparisons, but now that you mention it....maybe if we had him chew up a mess of bubble gum and made him stand leaning against a post, someone might mistake him for TIto......say, you know, this could be real, real--like truly fantastically useful come April,  We get Tim qualified for Boston and then we dress him up and head down to the players gate and wheel on in on his arm.

Kevin, you are a true  genius.     Yoo-hoo, TImBO!.........

grins,

A

ps: The Nomar greeting was a classy recognition of a classy guy.  The Nation made me proud to be a member last night!

Masters 2000 miles
                              aamos - I don't think my son really has a concept of what it meant to run 26.2, so I had to equate it into time for him rather than distance, so I said something like "mommy ran the whole time it would take you to watch a Pirates of Caribbean movie and a couple episodes of Suite Life" . . . that seemed to put it in a different perspective him and his response, after his jaw dropped, was "that's a LONG time!" . . .  uh yeah, a REAL long time . . . most people can do it alot quicker! LOL

I love it how kids think.  That was brilliant.  And ahem, most people can't run one at all, if you pardon my scolding you, and very few are such good conversationalists.

grins,

yer running chum

Masters 2000 miles
                              Mariposai

I can in theory put some pictures of Crete up.  But first I have to figure out how.    Yea, yea, I know it is "easy" but I still need to figure it out.

Call me, I can help you on the phone. Man, I am dying to see those Crete's pictures.

swimming pool repair in the Summer? no good idea.

Just  stopping by to say hi to you all. This week is concentration work station week.

Me luvveeee Aamos so much

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard