Masters Running

American River 50-Mile Endurance Run Race Report (Read 479 times)

I was encouraged by Wildchild to start a new thread for this, so here you go: AR50

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Slo

Leslie.......That is one of the best reports I've ever read. How can you possibly remember so much detail over a 13 hour period ?

Bye the way.....Your Crazy!

Jlynne

You are one tough cookie, Leslie. I hope you've got that finisher's jacket hanging in a place of honor because you sure earned it. I also think you owe Karen and Shorty dinner and drinks for their "moral support."  Great report!
        wildchild

Carolyn

Just amazing, Leslie!  You and Karen and the rubber chicken are lucky to have each other!

I agree with Slo that your recall of details is amazing considering how tired you were.  And it makes you wonder how folks run 100 mile races.  Wow.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Thanks, folks.  The details sort of come back as I'm writing the report.  Also, one of the things I often do just keep my mind off what I'm going through is I'll write a report in my head while I'm running.

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

That really was a good read. What a run that was for you! Thank goodness for good support, right? Well done, Leslie. That looks like a nice course, but even I would think twice about that hilly last bit. Wow... Rest up and recover well.
              Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Well done Leslie!!

We should meet up and run one together one day,...Rainer to Ruston Jun5....????...flat if not downhill....!!!Francesca

Francesca, I may just have to take you up on that some day.  Is that a real race??

Erika - Good luck at Boston!!!

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Leslie, it is 50M solo, also a relay, I'm going for it ,as a replacement for the 20th Century 100K (that's where I met your friend Kate a couple of years ago).

Check it out!!!

http://www.rainiertoruston.com/

Francesca

Awww Geee, did you have to go and make me cry?

Awesome job Leslie.  I am glad you didn't listen to yourself when you wanted to quit.  What's the jacket look like?

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Francesca - I'll have to keep that in mind, especially since the elevation profile is the complete opposite of what I just did.

Enke - Well, now.  I may just have to post a pic of me in my jacket!  In the meantime, it's black, lightweight and waterproof (I think), and has the AR50 emblem stitched on the left breast area in pink.  I won't be wearing it working out, though.  That sucker is going to stay pristine!

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Maniac 505

Thanks for taking the time to write that,  amazing race, congrats.  I grew up in the area, my parents currently live within walking distance of Beals point.   I hope you did avoid the poison oak.

Dave

jfa

Failure is not an option

Incredible race and fortitude Leslie. I can't imagine what it takes to go that far and long, maybe one day I'll find out. You got a lot of guts my friend and you'll have that feeling of accomplishment for the rest of your life. We know how hard you trained for this and it came together to pull you through when you thought you were spent. Great going. Great report ,and fantastic that  your Hubster was there with you. Every runner in these races should have a pacer like Karen, she did an awesome job.

Way to Go !

That was an amazing story. I cannot believe you could recall it so well, and the pictures were awesome. I am so in awe of you for even attempting this, let alone finishing.  Wow.  Thanks for such an inspirational RR.
                              stumpy77

Trails are hard!

So very impressive, it's hard to say anything much beyond WOW.  And apparently you did it woithout resorting to country music

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.