Masters Running

40s On the Run - It is the One Who Endures . . . (Wk of 05/25/08) (Read 463 times)

Top 'O the World!

Leslie: witchhazel (ya get it from the pharmacy)
    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
      You had me at me.
      You had me at me? I can't believe I did that. Should have been "you had me at mud!" I bet my face is red. Embarrassed Big grin
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        While you all wait with bated breath for my eagerly anticipated RR ( Big grin), here's a coupla pics to look at. I'm in the pink, Karen's in the orange. http://www.pbase.com/gtach/image/97699242 http://www.pbase.com/gtach/image/97699236
        Great pics!
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Top 'O the World!

LOL evryday! I was curious, but just assumed it was a 'digitally challenged' moment! Wink
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
            mtnchick and r2farm....nice racing! I've heard of the bolder boulder for years...must put that on the "to do" list. fatozzig....OMG Shocked

flatland mountaineer

4.05 miles easy pace, light nw winds, dewy, high humidity, feeling pretty much back to normal physically. Mentally, we are still in post race euphoria. Lynda had taped the elites portion of the race from Fox sports and we watched last night. Now I know what run like a Kenyan means (womens winner), so smooth so efficient, wow! As far as the crowds it was actually pretty managable, the waves meant you kind of ran with your own group like a local 5k except there was 82 of them Wink. Hope to get back in the field when the dew goes off this morning. Missed the bad stuff that hit Kearney NE last night, watched that thunderhead build from the backside and move east. Motivated us to put hail insurance on the corn. Have a great Friday forties folks!!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Top 'O the World!

R2: I'm glad that nasty crap missed you guys again.... Shocked watching some of the news footage of Kearney! Somebody shot several twisters coming outta that cloud!! & that you're feeling 'back to normal!" Smile I think I'm feeling about 80%-ish back to normal (?) I'm not even sure why I was working so hard for that pace on Monday?! could be derned 40-something body....another runner friend said that the humidity affects her that way....so much for sand-baggin' Disney Roll eyes Ran w/the Snug Runners last night for a leaden 3...getting too warm to leave Mairead in the car so, I ran real slow & bailed on after runs activities.... Gorgeous morning for a run....50*F/68% H....3.29 moderatley paced...(for me Wink ) TGIF!! Cindy
                  Evryday- I knew it was a typo, but I wasn't sure what you had planned on typing. Smile Farmer Jim - Post-race euphoria. It feels good, huh? I'm only just now coming down . . . a little bit. Wink Cindy - Without giving TMI, it's not exactly a rash. Went to the doc yesterday and she prescribed this ointment to put on. Well, guess what the side affects are? Burning and itching! What the ....?!?!? I didn't get to sleep until after midnight when a Benedryl finally knocked me out. I'm back to Gold Bond and am going to get a referral to a dermatologist. Whatever this is, the doc's never seen before and I want to get a handle on it ASAP if and when it occurs again. I'm walkin' like I got a corn cob up the bum! Oh wait - is that TMI??? Ha! Big grin Big grin Hope you all have a great weekend.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Witchhazel is not necessarily for rash...FYI: Uses for Witch Hazel: You might call witch hazel the “baking soda” of skin care: It’s a simple, all-purpose, old-fashioned product that’s been used for generations. When distilled and combined with alcohol, the aromatic oil extracted from the bark of the witch hazel shrub makes a soothing and mildly astringent lotion. And with only 14 percent alcohol, the lotion is nondrying and hypoallergenic — two added bonuses. Witch hazel lotion can be used to cleanse the skin and remove makeup, to soothe sunburn, windburn and shaving irritations, and to treat the pain and swelling of minor bruises, sprains, cuts, abrasions and insect bites. Although witch hazel isn’t sold as an acne fighter, many teens report that it reduces the swelling of minor pimples and blemishes. Also, when incorporated into pads and ointments with other ingredients like glycerin, witch hazel is said to help shrink external hemorrhoids. The active ingredient in witch hazel is a tannin acid derivative called catechol tannin, much like the tannins present in tea. Tannins are vasoconstrictors — they constrict the tiny capillaries and venules below the skin surface. .......they gave us patches (like you can get @ Walmart) for relief of the stitches after childbirth, etc. http://www.herbalextractsplus.com/witch-hazel.cfm?gclid=CPzXjKLlzpMCFRQXsgodo2xwjg
                      Witchhazel is not necessarily for rash...FYI: The active ingredient in witch hazel is a tannin acid derivative called catechol tannin, much like the tannins present in tea. Tannins are vasoconstrictors — they constrict the tiny capillaries and venules below the skin surface. .......they gave us patches (like you can get @ Walmart) for relief of the stitches after childbirth, etc. http://www.herbalextractsplus.com/witch-hazel.cfm?gclid=CPzXjKLlzpMCFRQXsgodo2xwjg
                      Oh, baby! Bring it on!!

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

I tell ya, I am FULL of strange information! Roll eyes
                          another great remedy is an ointment called "Corona." No, not the beer, although that may help. It comes in a yellow tube with a red cap. It says its for horses, cows, goats and small pets.... and ultra runners! Big grin But is found in the pharmacy aisle at the local supermarket. The stuff is GREAT...my wife and I both swear by it.

jfa

Hi Kiddos - Smile my what a busy and vibrant group we have here. Real life (work,kids,spring home projects,etc) has been once again conspiring to keep me off the computer. Hey, that's life... Leslie- hope you're feeling better.What a pain in the a$$.( sorry) Anyway, concentrate on what you accomplished. How many other people are able to do that? It's very impressive Cindy - you have to be resourceful with kids around right? When are you going to start that marathon training? I'm thinking about a fall event myself Roll eyes How's your parts feeling after the race? Evryday-- I'm thinking about that BB myself. It's a bit of a ride for me, but it sure looks like a fun time. Jim- you should be feeling fine about your race as well. Those were some purrrritty good times on your miles, especially mile five. High fiving you dude! Continued good luck with your crops Wink Busy week threw off my normal schedule,but still hit my target of ~ 40m , this time on only 4 days running. Whew. Cross training for this weekend looks like moving and stacking the 3 cords of firewood DW was kind enough to purchase...... Have a Great Weekend Folks Cool

Top 'O the World!

Joe: my "parts" is feelin' fine! Big grin amazingly, I was only a little tired after BB....nothing stiff & sore...& the group has already started the marathon traiing schedule....23 wks....it calls for a "slow & easy' build - as most of the group are beginners....I'm bumping that up just a little bit, maybe closer to a more intermediate schedule....cause I've already got a little base & I have another HM the end of June.... Roll eyes we'll see how that all goes for me....I don't even have a target finish time for this here marathon....maybe just to finish it should be the goal!! Anyway, we did timed miles two weeks ago & I maybe went out a little fast & got a 9:42 mile....which puts me in the 2nd highest/fastest running group....which called for 30 mins easy today....but the coaches told me that since I have been running regularly, I have the option of going longer, so I went 50 mins @ 10:30ish pc..... whatever was going on w/me on Monday is apparently all better Confused I felt like I had to fight for the 10:28 pc on Monday, today, 10:30 is "conversational!" I dunno! Well, on another note...GD moved out last night! Yesterday was last day of school for the Summer....hopefully her Dad gets her registered closer to where HE lives! which leaves me free to run when I want (relatively) & more importantly - I get to go back to being just a Grandma! YAY!! There was a whole lotta drama w/the last day...which I may go into later when I have more time.... Have a Great Weekend Everybody!!
                                Cindy - You're doing great on the running, girlfriend. Bring you down to sea level, and you'd leave all the rest of us in the dust! Appreciate all the recommendations are butt problem remedies. Big grin I've decided to stick with Desitin for now, and next time will try something new. I figured I needed to give at least one remedy a try instead of moving through two or three in one or two days. Hopefully, by Monday things will have eased up and I can get back on the road. Speaking of back on the road - I picked up my bike yesterday from Coach Bill, and my trainer is sitting at work. Big grin I'm excited to try something new for my cardio, maybe get rid of this little meno pot that's become a bit of an irritant. Kelly should be going her marathon this weekend. Go, Kelly!

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance