Masters Running

Weigh In, Weigh Out - And Step Away from the Halloween Candy! (Read 416 times)

144.6.  Haven't budged either way.  Bummer.  However, I'm going to blame it on the fact that I've been - eh heh, close your ears fellas - in that time of the month for a month.  Ever since my training cut back.  Hadn't had one for a whole 6 months.  It was wonderful!

Now that it's ramping up again, I hope to not only lose the poundage, but lose the "other," again, as well.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Up a pound to 123 since Halloween, but I REFUSE TO GIVE AWAY MY LEFTOVER SNICKERS!  I had absolutely no trouble taking the Skittles and Starburst to work, but I'm keeping the chocolate. In my efforts to find creative ways to use them, I toasted half a bagel the other morning and put some thin slices of one on top. Mmmmm - better than peanut butter!  Half a bag left - I'm thinking some chopped on spinach salad would be really tasty....
         I REFUSE TO GIVE AWAY MY LEFTOVER SNICKERS!   In my efforts to find creative ways to use them, I toasted half a bagel the other morning and put some thin slices of one on top. Mmmmm - better than peanut butter! 

That's it.  You are evil and you must be stopped!

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Snickers on a bagel, what a grand idea!

I'm still more than I want to be, but better than a few days ago at 142. Hoping to see some benefits soon from a lot of cardio and weight training, sometimes just changing things up can make a difference.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Leslie made me snork and grin at the same time.....good lord, what you wimmin have to go through.-----Erika, I actually lost weight when I was injured last fall, and my pool running and weight workouts actually helped.------But now that I am running sooo much Marathon training, I weigh more than when I am not running......so very confusing sometimes! But I am still only eating healthy foods for the most part, but still don't understand gaining weight while running so many miles. But I know I am snacking more than I should....I really do. But jeez......give me a break while trying to do the right thing already. Why am I all of a sudden remembering being married and my X (grins)----TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Tim - You don't know the half of what we wimmin have to go through.  But enough about me - - -

I'd say your gaining some pretty good weight muscle.  And Erika - you make a good point about how changing things up can help start jump weight loss.  It's easy to forget that your body gets used to the routine and will refuse to let go of the pounds.  Change it up, and Badda Bing!  The ole metabolism gets a shocker.

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

SteveP

206...Stupid Halloween candy.

SteveP

Prince of Fatness

171.  Up 2.  Ouch.

Not at it at all. 

DoppleBock

DD#1(8) and DD#2(4) are poor Holloween candy hiders - pretty soon they will notice their stash is dwindling and hide it better.  My wife has hid the left over candy pretty good.

Tim - you suck - I took 8 weeks off this summer and gained 40#  (232) and by off I mean I was still running @ 25 miles per week.

I am 212 currently - I need to get to 192 by the end of January to have a decent Surf City Marathon.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Weigh? Is in stand on a scale and actually look at what it says? Youre kidding right? Well I will stand on the scale and look but I will find excuses for why the scale is wrong.

Good luck to all of you. I am not a fan of the scale so my advice is dont stress over the numbers. Go by how you feel, how youre running and how your clothes fit. Overall health and running strong is more important than the numbers.

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

DoppleBock

So we should stress over how our clothes fit and how we look too?

What I like about the scale - For me weight has a direct correlation to speed - I used to lift weights a lot and @ 225# I was 10% body fat - benched 350# - But I still had to move 225# down the road.  Now I weigh 212# and likely have 15+% body fat, but I am faster.

I really do not care how I look, my goal is not to look better, but get faster.

But we each have our own goals and what is important to us.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I really care how I look, my goal is look better, not get faster.

But we each have our own goals and what is important to us.

Dopple has his priorities straight!! 

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

" I REFUSE TO GIVE AWAY MY LEFTOVER SNICKERS!  "

Of course not!  Why would you give them away?  DH and I even went to the grocery store early in the morning the day after Halloween and stocked up on fun-sized chocolate at half price – M&Ms, Hershey bars and Kisses, Reese cups.  (I was actually looking for outdoor decorations for next year.)  I throw the extra in the freezer in the garage.  That should last us until Christmas, and then we'll stock up again the day after.   

As for DD’s candy, it goes in a big bowl in the kitchen cupboard with our leftover giveaway candy and we all work on it.  No one gets to hoard or hide it at my house.

Of course, this might explain why I’m up 2 lbs this week......

Even being sick the last couple days hasn't stopped me from eating.  Why can't I get one of those "lose 5 lbs" kind of viruses?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Just to pi$$ people (the wimmen) off, I'm down 2 lbs from last week with a lot less activity  and I KNOW I'm not eating less.  187 this morning.  If you can't explain it, you just accept it, I guess.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Just to pi$$ people (the wimmen) off, I'm down 2 lbs from last week with a lot less activity

(but we still like you)

I received an email today from a legal secretary in another county who I see all the time at our conference.  About a year ago, I talked to her extensively about my running and about the C25K program.  She was quite heavy and looking for a healthy way to lose weight.  Plus, she was interested in one day participating the Big Sur Half Marathon (she lives in Monterey).

Well, in her email, she told me she's been doing C25K, as well as dieting, and has lost 42 pounds!  She's gone from a size 24 to a size 16.  Woo hoo!!  I can't wait to see her next week in Sacramento.

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance