Masters Running

Monday Morning Turkey Trots (Read 426 times)

Good morning good people. Up at 4:30 in beautiful 47° temps to get a run in before work. 5.5 miles, 9:15 pace. My legs felt good after yesterday's fiasco.

Eliz - way to rock your concert! I'm sure this is the start of a busy musical season for you.

Erika - how you run in those temps just boggles my mind. You are one tough cookie. Nice run in brutal conditions yesterday.

Still waiting to read Tramps' RR. I know you were disappointed with your time, but you ran well and with a time that most of us could only dream about.

Just read Tim's RR. Whoa - that guy is fast. And it's so great that he's stayed in contact with his high school coaches. I'll bet they're proud he's doing so well.

Hey PDR and WRFB - we haven't had any recent pictures of baby Nate lately. How about it?

Hey Mary - there was a woman selling glass work like yours at the art show I was in last Saturday. Didn't get a chance to check out her prices, but if she's there at the one I'm doing next Saturday, I'll let you know.

Have a great start of Thanksgiving week everyone.

Renee the dog

1 recovery mile with Renee and a small romp in the park with a dog friend.  It's good to be home!

Everyone gearing up for a good Thanksgiving??

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow Nono - Congratulations on such an great FIRST marathon and a BQ to boot!!   Boy Howdy!!!!

Jlynne - thanks!    Glad to read your sale went so well Saturday.  You must be feeling good.   Nice run this morning too.

Hi Tet - the weather in Michigan yesterday was a hight of 60°, which is crazy!!

I went out for a 10 miler yesterday and found the "zone" for a few minutes.   When I came out of it I truly did not know where I was an it took me a long time to get my bearings back.   I didn't like that feeling and it kind of creeped me out for the next mile or so.   I think I'm coming down with a cold, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I went to see Blind Side yesterday - great movie!!

Congrats to Tim too for his great marathon.  

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

2.2 recovery miles on the trail in a moderate rain.  Oddly pleasant despite getting soaked.  The rain sounded great pattering on what remains of our leaves.  Legs are a little tender but working well.

Be safe. Be kind.

Morning Jlynne, Nono and Mary and the rest of the gang!

Yeah NoNo!! Congratulations!!

Jlynne - we had the same great temp here!  Really nice morning for running.

Mary - I'm dying to see Blind Side - I love Sandra Bullock, and the movie trailers look so good. 

7 slow hilly miles this morning @ 10:08 and 154 AHR.  It wasn't supposed to rain until this evening, but the drizzle started as I finished the run.

Jesse and I had our agility debut at the big dog show cluster at the Big E in West Springfield, Mass over the weekend.  We had two qualifying runs on Friday - third place in novice standard and 1st place in novice jumpers.  We have a lot of work ahead of us, but it's gratifying to see the teamwork coming together.  I just love that dog!

I'm so glad this is a short work week - bring on the gobblers!! 

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

I really wanted to run this morning because this week will be very hit-or-miss with a bunch of Holiday goings on and such.  Major Choir and Praise Team stuff Tuesday and Wednesday.  Going to Jacksonville (DS's GF's home) for Thanksgiving.  Going to Gainesville for the UF/FSU game this weekend.  And back.

But my legs have been quite tired the last few days, even after a very slow and short recovery run yesterday.  It's strange that my legs are tired because I'm not pushing myself at all right now.  Anyway, I decided to do what I tell everyone else to do ("Listen to your body") and rolled over and slept in.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Renee the dog

2.2 recovery miles on the trail in a moderate rain.  Oddly pleasant despite getting soaked.  The rain sounded great pattering on what remains of our leaves.  Legs are a little tender but working well.

Tramps, I've been searching for the right words to congratulate you on your fine marathon performance -- how I wish I could run that fast!   I really feel for you on the GI issues -- only happened to me 1x long ago when I was a swimmer -- and it tremendously affects your performance in a timed event.   {{{ Your Stomach }}}  and I hope you find the key to keeping it happy by your next race.   I'm very thrilled your legs are working well today! 

Congrats to SueT48 & Jesse too!  That's a mighty fine debut!

Well, breger1, you sure do have some major Thanksgiving plans!  Sounds busy but fun!

Thanks again for all the congrats.  I just found out that two other RA runners from the main forums also qualified on Saturday at the Rehoboth race.  It was a lovely course -- which I'll try to capture in my race report (maybe with pictures -- maybe). I'm finally able to recall most of the day, so I'll start writing today.  After my nap.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mary- I too saw The Blindside over the weekend, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I ran 4 with my 5K kids this morning. Our race is December 5th and these kids are definitely ready. I have had a very difficult time with my own motivation these days, but will hopefully turn a corner.

4 miles this morning...I've been in a rut lately, not running as quick as I want to or as long as I want to...so I did some short intervals in mile # 2 then ran the last 2 miles at 7:48 and 7:39...have to use that gear more often...

Gordon

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

I was away from the computer all day yesterday, so I’ll have to go check out what happened on yesterday’s daily.  I ran 17.25 easy-paced miles yesterday (ave 9:53), then we bought and installed a new overhead microwave because our old one was starting to melt its own metalwork.  After that we went to my dad’s house where they were having a tree-trimming party to decorate their giant Christmas tree.  A little too much food and wine, but we had a good time.

2.5 recovery miles for me today, followed by glute raises, weighted squats, weighted duck squats, dead lifts, stability ball crunches, and then Jackie’s 23-minute upper-body workout.

Somehow a virus got into my Facebook account and is sending suspicious e-mails to everyone on my friends list.  Please don’t open anything coming from me that looks weird.  So annoying, sorry.  I think it may have started with a strange Facebook message I got from my brother that I tried to open but couldn’t seem to get it to.  Hopefully I haven’t infected my home computer now...(sigh)...

As for my tax preparation final, it took me 3 hours (it’s been a long time since I took a 3-hour test), but I got an A on the final and an A in the class.  (Whew!)

Happy Short Week Monday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Holly, I k new you would be an A student. Will this certify you to do taxes for other people?

Lynden, nice to see you running steady again. How is the new job going for you?

Nono...you are so great. Congrats on your most stellar marathon...and BQ!!!!

Butterfly hugs to BQByll for listening to his body.

Tramps, waiting on that RR. Awesome performance for you. When is the next marathon?

I am glad to see that SueT and Jesse the dog had a great show.

Francesca, good luck on your back to back marathon this weekend. You better start carboloading as of now.

twocat, was this a muffin making weekend?

4 easy today and then thirty minutes of core workout...we got to keep the core strong, right

I have a job interview tomorrow morning for a local state agency. At this point I really don't know if I want to expand my consulting business or if I want to take another full time job around here. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Anyway in your opinion, what are the questions I should be asking of them during the interview?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Tramps

As for my tax preparation final, it took me 3 hours (it’s been a long time since I took a 3-hour test), but I got an A on the final and an A in the class.  (Whew!)

I've got a boxful of receipts and records coming your way. 

Congratulations!  I know you worked hard on this.

Thanks, all, for the good wishes.

Be safe. Be kind.

wildchild

Carolyn

I have a job interview tomorrow morning for a local state agency. At this point I really don't know if I want to expand my consulting business or if I want to take another full time job around here. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Anyway in your opinion, what are the questions I should be asking of them during the interview?

Do you have a shower facility in the building? 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

dg.

Do you have a shower facility in the building? 

Big grin

evanflein

Ha! I was thinking the same thing! You might ask them what they see as the future of wellness initiatives in this country. That could be very telling of the culture you'd be dealing with.

Jlynne, yesterday's conditions weren't brutal, just hard with the snow on the bikepath on the way back up the hill. Saturday the footing on the road I ran on was good, but the temps were pretty cold. The secret is lots of layers... takes me forever to get dressed before I go out and peeling everything off afterward is quite a process.

Got a broken tooth or a filling fell out or something in a back molar. Doesn't hurt, but it's driving me crazy and I don't want it to break... so off to the dentist at lunchtime. Might leave early to get a workout done beforehand, but that just might be too much for a Monday.