Masters Running

TGIF 8/28 Run, rest and workouts (Read 411 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

Holy Crap - am I ever sore today after Tone Zone last night.   I am so out of shape.   It was a great workout, even though I was feeling a bit like I had to hurl towards the end.     We used a stability ball, hand weights, resistant bands, weighted poles and as if that wasn't enough - we had to go outside for walking lunges.   When I got on that stability ball towards the end for ab work - my whole body was a quivering mess.    The whole workout is done to music too.     I wasn't going to run this morning anyway - but I'm pretty sure I couldn't even if I wanted too. 

Can't wait for next week!  Wink

Last night I became the proud owner of an older ceramic Kiln.   I'm so excited - but haven't a clue where to begin.   Anyone here have experience with them?

TGIF!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good morning everyone,  No run for me today.  Off to the gym later then yard work, thatch, cut and overseed front yard.  Then get ready for a weekend at Ohiopyle State Park, 50 miles south of Pittsburgh,  100 drive me for DW & I.  Ohiopyle has whitewater rafting and great biking (running) trails as well as hiking trails.  Also will visit Fort Necessity, where the 1st battle of the French & Indian war took place, and Fallingwater an amazing house bulit by Frank Lloyd Wright. 

Nice workout Mary, that soreness is caused by muscle confusion which will stimulant new cell growth. 

Monday I start new assignment at work.  After 20 years as the Traffic Commander I'm being moved to Detective Bureau will I will assign cases and act as liaison with the Prosecutor's Office.  Very busy job in a very violent city. 

Wednesday evening 7 miles hard and 12 LSD yesterday , only 7 weeks to marathon.       

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Manchild

Good Morning Mary, Rick and all you others!!

4.1 miles in 39:10 this morning, an even cooler morning than yesterday at 58 degrees.  a simply beautiful day to be expected... Off to trim a door and then seal my deck..

Chris

Mary, my Grandparents and Aunt and Uncle used to teach Art classes out of their home.  They had a big kiln where they fired many a figurine my brother and I would paint up like a rainbow.  Many of my fondest childhood memories of them involve the kiln.

Unfortunately I have the art abilities of a ground hog anf have no idea how to tell you how to us your kiln.  Someone here will likely know and Google will have info I'm sure.

4 easy recovery-paced miles this morning.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Good luck with the new position, Sarge.

Fizzy liftting, stepperfication and spin cycle this morning.  All with the long sweat pants on.  Then did 15 minutes in the sauna - it was 155 in there.  Wow.  It must have worked because I just did the final weigh in for my office's Biggest Loser contest.  I was down almost 8 pounds from Monday - 14.8% loss altogether over the past 13 weeks.  I think that's good enough for second place.  I'll find out later today... 

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Nice workout Mary, that soreness is caused by muscle confusion which will stimulant new cell growth. 

Boy, they were definitely confused!!!    I think they were screaming What the Heck!!  

Thanks Bill - I'm looking at using this for glass work.   My first project is bottle slumping and hopefully I can progress from there.   I'm so excited to have a new hobby!!

~Mary

~unknown

Slo

Good Luck with the new Job Sarge ! Don't let it cut into your running....gotta keep your priorities ya know.

Sounds like a tough work out Mary. No idea what to do with a kiln.

Got a nice 7+ miler in last night......Light rain.....I love those runs. Lots of us idiots were out playin in the rain.

Just shy of 10 this morning. Nice and cool but very damp. Did a litlle skating too.....Hit a slick spot of mud that had washed out onto the side walk from all the rain we had been getting. Did like a 360, caught my balance and carried on. I have no idea how graceful I looked doing it but I'm sure it was.

Keep up the running !

Marathon Maniac #957

Nono – congratulations to your DD!

Mary –  that's a great workout.  Is that a video, or offered at your gym?

Sarge – sounds like a great weekend ahead, and congratulations on your new job assignement.

PBJ - isn't that cheating?    

Slo - I catch those types of slick spots on the river trail after a rain - the water often rises during the night to cover the trail, then recedes leaving a light layer of mud in spots.  Makes for interesting acrobatics, like you say.

X-training day for me today.  I had intended to do my lower body workout last night, but life got in the way.

Today: 2 recovery miles on the TM (10:20), followed by:

1.Alternating side lunges (20L, 20R), bench step-ups (20L, 20R), dead lifts (30).
                  2. Weighted squats (30), weighted ballet squats (30), split squats (20L, 20R).
                  3. Single leg bridges (30L, 30R), forward lunges (20L, 20R)

Then, push-ups, dumbbell presses, reverse flies, bench dips, butterflies, stability ball crunches – front, back, sides, and 5 chin-ups, one at a time.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Morning, gang!

Mary - sounds like a great workout!  Congrats on the kiln - sounds like fun. 

Sarge - best of luck with the new position.

(((((Denise))))) - glad your son could get out and enjoy some fishing - wish I could join him ;-).

SLO - good job of staying on your feet - I think I would have gone down.

dg - sometimes our best runs are those that we don't think we can do - yours was a good one!

The 50 degree weather didn't make it to my part of CT this morning.  Temp was 69 but no humidity so it was comfortable.  7.5 easy hilly miles @ 10:00 and 150 AHR. 

No couch for me last night. I took pity on DH and did some trimming with the push mower while he cruised on the tractor.  Now that Jesse's agility equipment is all over the yard, it goes faster if I mow strips of grass where I can place the equipment before he goes through with the big belly mower.  

Looks like Danny is going to spoil  our weekend plans - may have to come up with a Plan B.

Good runs and best of luck to all of our weekend racers!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Mary - I want a kiln!  Actually I would like to do metal work someday.  I can imagine the house full of horseshoes.  My only experience with a kiln was in metal lab in jr. high school.  I think I threw a chunk of wax into it one day.  I don't recommend following my example.

Sarge - that sounds like an interesting assignment -- hope you like it.

slo - a 360?  Glad you didn't pull anything (I would have)

Light rain this morning so it didn't feel as warm as 68°/97% humidity usually feels.

7.1 miles, 1:02:28, 8:48/mi, AHR 144 (74% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Tramps

Another day, another run in 100% humidity....just the way I like it. 

Easy 7.3 miles @ 9:13

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Holly - that class is offered at a local church.   As much as I wanted to swear at times, I controlled myself due to the setting.  Smile

~Mary

~unknown

Henrun

Beautiful non-humid and cooler weather here in New England last 2 days (before the Nor'easter arrives). Yesterday Marj and I cycled 26 miles with a group near the Cape-beautiful country roads. This morning I ran 6 miles and my L knee was pain-free for the first time in a week. Guess not running the last 2 days helped (and listening to Marj).   

My DS, Mike, is driving up from Brooklyn and we've got tickets for the Sox game. A little more father-son bonding.

(For you Bosox fans) hope Josh Beckett is back to mid-season form.

Another dreary, drizzly day, so I opted for 5.1 on the downstairs TM. Would have been a good day to go to the rec center, but it's closed this week to prep for classes starting next week.

And that's about all there is to say today.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

ezpz 3 miler this morning, working this afternoon...

Sarge-Congrats on your new assignment...I'll be at COA for the month of September

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip