Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 06/21/2009 (Read 417 times)

Tallies later.  Have a great week ~

Dutchie - (Editor's Note: A taper week because of her HM, which ended up being a crapper,  but she did it!!!, and that's what counts.)

Eliza - Low mileage, but great progress:  ran 10 with no pain by Sunday; walked 3; kayaked once; rested a lot (Editor's Note: No pain, great progress - what more could you ask for?!?)

Erika - 51.9 miles running, 2.6 miles walking, 40 minutes pool running.  (Editor's Note: Plus a challenge to Ev, which, I dare say, he asked for.)

Ev - 27 miles (Editor's Note: Moving quite nicely out of "slacker" mode.)

Nono - ran 18.16 mi, 15 min slide boarding, 60 min various strength/stretching, 120 min moving furniture (Editor's Note: Moving furniture gets extra XT points.)

fatozzig - 19.99 road miles (Geez! If I'd only known I needed .01 measly mile! ), 9 trail miles, 35 min cycling, 1:40 core/strength

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest ------------------------------------------------> Done

Tues - 5 miles w/hill repeats ------------------------> 5 miles w/10 steep hill repeats on The Hill

Wed - 3+ miles running; core/strength -----------> 3 running miles; 1 hr core/strength

Thurs - 6 hilly miles ------------------------------------> 6 hill miles in 59:19

Fri - 30+ min bike; core/strength -------------------> 1 hour core/strength

Sat - 22 trail miles -------------------------------------> 22 trail miles

Sun - 10 trail miles ------------------------------------> 10 trail miles

Dutchie - Sorry to hear your run was so crappy.  I was trying to figure out the temps you were reporting, but regardless it sounds like things were pretty miserable.  Hope you rehydrated well, got some good rest, and are feeling better today.

Total: 14 road running miles, 32 trail running miles, 2 hrs core/strength.  My first 40 or more mileage week!!

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Hey Leslie! Thanks for starting this up every week. (and next time.. just round UP)

First week of a 2-week taper for me. This will look like a cutback week with a 10k on Saturday.

Monday: 30 minutes of Pool Running after work, set vole traps in the garden after dinner

Tuesday: 5.5 miles run, just under 8:30 pace; .55 mile walk; caught no stinkin' voles

Wednesday: 8.1 miles with some at tempo, 8:23 avg for whole run; .3 mile walk and one vole trapped.

Thursday: 5.5 miles run, 8:32 pace; .6 mile walk c/d

Friday: Rest Day

Saturday: 10k race, 48:07, exactly the same as last year and 2 minutes off my PR time of 46:07; 2.2 mile "recovery run" jog back to find DH and jog in with him. (8.4 miles for the day)

Sunday: 8 mile "I don't wanna do this" run, .2 mile walk

Totals: 35.5 miles run, 1.65 miles walked, 30 min. pool running, vole trapping...

Renee the dog

Yo folks!  Will try to actually do some cross-training this week.

Monday - yoga 25 min, slide board 10 min, foam roller & thigh master 10 min

Tuesday- run 4 mi, stretch/strengthen 15 min, slide board 10 min

Wednesday- 10 min stretch/strengthening, 3.6 mi run

Thursday- 20 min slide boarding

Friday- ran 3 mi

Saturday- stretch 10 min. ran 4 mi

Sunday- yoga 25 min, stretch/strengthening 25 min.

Total- yoga: 50 min, slide board: 30 min, body work/stretch/strengthen: 70 min, ran: 14.6 mi

More cross training than expected 'cause I ditched my Sunday run in favore of yoga, etc. It seemed to be what my psyche needed. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Thanks Leslie....

Monday................rest..........rest

Tuesday..............6miles.....6miles 10 pushups

Wednesday........6miles.....6 miles 10 pushups
            Thursday............rest...........rest
            Friday..................9miles.....9miles
            Saturday..............rest.........rest/10 pushups    
            Sunday...............9miles....9miles 10 pushups

Total....30miles 40 pushups.   10 short, falling back down into slacker mode

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            Dutchie42

Thanks Leslie for keeping us going

Evryday: how many push ups do you owe me?

Taking it easy this week cause I'm still very tired. Was in bed again by 8PM Monday cause my eyes just wouldn't stay open :

Mon.... 20min recovery run/walk --> 3.1K recovery run/walk with Spooky (8min pace)

Tue..... 30min easy --> 5K easy run. It was tough. Guess the race took more out of me than I thought. (7min pace)

Wed... 40min easy -->7K meant to be easy run. Focused on lifting my knees and pushing off more (6:34min pace). Didn't mean to run faster. Feeling good! Added on 20min of LB and have been working in the garden in the garden for  2.5 hours now and I'm not done yet.

Thu .... 50min easy -->nada, serious case of DOMS of the inner thighs. The've come to replace my sliding doors with French doors.

Fri...... 20min easy --> nada, even worse case of DOMS of the inner thighs. They've finished the French doors.

Sat..... 30min easy -->nada, little better but still not good.

Sun.... 2h30min very easy --> nada

Now that should add up to a nice and easy recovery week after a bad race, right? I won't plan any strength training. I'll just do it when I feel like it and can manage to fit it in.

BTW, it's the first week of my 18 week marathon training plan.

Total mileage:15.1K. ##%#% I was off to a good start and then it all went wrong.

Dutchie
              Run the day, or the day runs you.

Evryday: how many push ups do you owe me?

Well, I didn't run everyday, but I did run all my scheduled runs.  You said if I didn't run everyday I owe you 50 pushups by Sunday.  So I guess 50 pushups it is.

I should have those done by Sunday,

Have you posted a RR on your half marathon?  I can't find it.

Also, good luck on your marathon training!  What race are you training for?

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  Thanks as alway, Leslie.

Last full week of The School Year That Never Ends and Week 1 of Hidgon Novice Marathon Training Plan.

MONDAY - like the plan says, rest; PTs only managed to make me wince, not cry, and I seem to be on the mend

TUESDAY - ran 6; walked 1; won't be able to run until Friday, so I switched things around to do the long run today

WEDNESDAY - driving to the shore and back in the evening for summer gig training - a 2-hour sunset boat ride to look at shore birds; how cool is that?

THURSDAY - first summer '09 installment of "my brother is addicted to Jimmy Buffett and I'm the only one who'll still go to concerts with him," so some dancing but no running

FRIDAY - sleep deprivation overtook me and I crashed - for the night - as soon as I got home from school

SATURDAY - still reall dragged out; possible sinus infection along with continued sleep deprivation?

SUNDAY - ran 4; walked 1

Summary - last week of school - hallelujah!   Ran 10; walked 2; tendonitis seems to be steadily improving

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Eliz: what marathon are you preparing for? Mine is the Amsterdam Marathon on 18 Oct.

Evrday: hop to it then and start counting those pushups I posted a tiny little bit on our previous thread. The whole thing was so miserable I just want to forget about it. Wanne see how miserable? (hope it works)

http://www.aktiefoto.nl/zoeken/scripts/bladeren.asp?contentId=1&evenement=20090614-amersfoort&foto=af09-11611&richting=back&methodeZoeken=startnummer&fotoID=1471708

Dutchie

dg.

Thanks Leslie!

Starting on day 2... not bad for me!  I keep intending to put down plan/actual, but am not quite sure about the plan right now, I'm still with it but it's fuzzy. 

Dutchie so sorry about your HM.  haven't had time to look at the link yet.   Oct 18... me too.  Maybe we can have another party afterwards.   oh boy. Smile

Eliz, glad you're feeling better.

Nono... my crosstraining has really taken a dive from all the schedule changes I've had in the last month or 2.  Trying to get a grip this week.  We will see.  

Monday... rest, with plans to fit in some pt or something but I don't think I did.

Tuesday...    6.19 miles, which was good in some ways & bad in others!  It was the plan number, I made it, just 1 tiny water stop, but it was hard & slow & hurt.  Yet.. there were some good moments when I remembered why I'm doing this.  Before it I did about 20 minutes of Mark Verstegen's movement prep... okayed by my PT as pre-run activity.  since then, some stretching, foam roller, used the stick on my shins & calves, cut the grass, & other yard work.  Took the day off.  yay.  PT at 4:00, I almost forgot.

Wed:...      PT suggestion (I agreed, she is usual very lenient) was to not run today, so I went to teh gym. 1/2 hr on the recumbent bike & 1 hr. assorted strength training.. upper & lower body weight machines, stab. ball reverse crunches, side planks, hammie curls, russian twists,  ankle drop/calf lifts (what are those called?) & glute/ham/gastroc raises.  2 sets of some, 1 of others.     and assorted stuff at work to stay awake.  am starting to add back the proprioceptive things, I wasn't supposed to do them because of s/i issues but I think it might have backfired.

hee.  it's better when I just do totals, isn't it. 

Thurs:...... 4.37 CARPY miles, 10.27 pace.  this is making me nervous.  going in the wrong direction.  even my running index on my polar says I stink.

Fri:.............I really am cutting back a lot this week, to see if it helps.  30-35 min. of Verstegen's prehab, that sort of fell off the plan when I changed things around, but I think it made a difference.  evening, a few pt & a few callanetics.

Sat:.........4.31 miles, better than Thursday!  Big grin   can't tell you how relieved I am to have things at least looking up instead of down. just about a 10 minute pace, but it wasn't terrible.   I almost took the day off, but it doesn't seem I'm quite to that point yet. I started out thinking I'd just do 2 miles, but you know how that goes.

Sunday:......  6.72 miles, not too zippy but still ok. 

totals:   21.6 miles running, 33 minutes on the bike & 2 hrs. 20 min. assorted strength training.   yard work. 

Dutchie - Atlantic City Marathon.  It's the same day as yours!  It's very, very small, so I'll feel like it's a training run with water stops.  I'm hoping that will make being alone in the back of the pack not feel so weird.  Atlantic City is on the next island north of where I train on weekends and all summer, and since it's on a barrier island, it's FLAT!!!!!

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Eliz: Amsterdam is supposedly flat too, but especially the inner city has loads of small, but "high" bridges.And it's a very very big race. They expect 15.000 runners for the marathon and 12.500 for the half. I don't like big events. But at least I'll have company all the way. Not like my 1st marathon with a little over 700 runners and I was one of the last ones running mostly by myself.

Dutchie

Eliz: what marathon are you preparing for? Mine is the Amsterdam Marathon on 18 Oct.

Evrday: hop to it then and start counting those pushups I posted a tiny little bit on our previous thread. The whole thing was so miserable I just want to forget about it. Wanne see how miserable? (hope it works)

http://www.aktiefoto.nl/zoeken/scripts/bladeren.asp?contentId=1&evenement=20090614-amersfoort&foto=af09-11611&richting=back&methodeZoeken=startnummer&fotoID=1471708

Good luck on the training for Amsterdam!  I pasted the link in the bowser....it worked, it think.  That's a pic of you I presume.  From the pic, it looks like you were doing fine.  Go ahead and forget about the miserable experience and look forward to good one in Amsterdam.

Dutchie - Nice pic!!  Couldn't understand a darn thing on that site, though.

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

pfriese

Thanks Leslie,

Last week of no plan before marathon training plan kicks in next week.

M - rest day - done
                                T - 8 miles running (AM) - done
                                W - 8 miles running (AM) - done
                                Th - 300 meters swimming (PM) - done
                                F - 5.6 miles running (AM) & 500 meters swimming (PM) - done
                                Sa - 14 miles running (AM) - done
                                Su - 4.5 miles running followed by a 20.7 miles bike ride (AM) & 200 meters swimming (PM)  - done

Paul