Masters Running

Sunday 4/19 Day Before Boston Runs and Anticipation ... (Read 527 times)

Walt, Great news and what a cutie she is! Bill, Nice 20 and it is getting closer to Bayshore , You are gonna smoke that course! It is flat and fast even for a fat slow guy like me. I also did a 20 today ( my first this year) .3:09:35 about a 9:30 pace.Pretty even splits the whole way. Felt good the 1st 15 miles and only really struggled in the last 2 but overall a good run for my first in this buildup. I am hoping my next one I will be able to put some MP miles towards the end. Good runs Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Jlynne

Hey Jlynne, Post the link! Post the link!
      Okay, she said tentatively. Remember, this is a first attempt at being on the "other side" of running event: www.midwestsportsevents.com
      RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Yay! http://www.midwestsportsevents.com/ I enjoyed reading your article, I like your style.

Renee the dog

First, from yesterday, Buehrle, I basically took many of the plants from my the gardens at our new house and planted them at my old house. And vice versa. Plus some new stuff in the mix. All is well -- mulch should arrive at both houses tomorrow and we're ready! Just got back from a 5 miler with Renee. Ahhhhhh. Can't wait to live Patriot's Day vicariously!!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mariposai

It seems like a great Sunday for all of us. I am so excited about our Boston Runners. They are going to so rockkkk. Thanks for your sweet and heart touching comments on my run yesterday. Wow...you guys make me feel like a running star. Thanks. 4 easy recovery miles this lovely afternoon with our exchange student as a company. It fun great.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

xor

I spotted Franc (Frankie) during today's Mt Si ultra. She was running the 50 miler, I "just" ran the 50k. Looked good when I saw her, although her head was down and maybe her music was loud... she didn't see me until the last possible second. We were running in opposite directions. Good job Frankie! Didn't see tetsujon.

Great runs out there today!! I met up with the KA/RA gang at Robins -- so fun -- but i timidly left my camera in my bag -- foolish me!! So fun to put real faces with names!! Thank you Robin!! Left Cambridge and went to Stoneham where I discreetly changed in my car and did my 5 miles around Spot Pond again - I love that run!! Felt great!! Now I need to get my stuff ready for tomorrow morning -- need to be at the medical meeting by 8am!! Have a great race friends and enjoy the moment!!Big grin MTA - Walt so happy to hear and see how well your beautiful daugher is doing!! LIFE IS GOOD!!

denise

King of PhotoShop

Byoorl, if memory serves me right, April 20 1999 was Columbine, so Boston Marathon day tomorrow will mark ten years. Many sad and senseless days to recall aren't there? Larry, that is great news on your LR. Stay positive and focused. Great post! Spareribs
                  dg.

This may be posted here already, but just in case.... The List busiman - Craig Macfarlane: 2655 bhearn - Bob Hearn: 3523 ksrunr - John McAllister: 4061 barefoot Rick - Rick Roeber: 14454 evanflein - Erika Van Flein: 15758 rtravers - Robin Travers: 17463 Peter - Peter Balletta: 17925 tagrunner: 18106 Mustang Sally - Katherine Brown: 18135 GGPRunner - Kerry Koller: 19965 Dove - Marilou Russell: 20519 henrun - Henry Wolstat: 24025 marj - Marjorie Radin: 24026 thanks Tammy! Here are more from Ilene's thread... I think I've seen the bib numbers posted but didn't write them down. Does anyone have a consolidated list? Sorry if it was posted & I ust missed it. Anybody else missing? How about Aamos? 4/20 Patriotsr1 - Boston Marathon, Boston MA 4/20 predawnrunner - Boston Marathon, Boston MA 4/20 WillRunForBeer - Boston Marathon, Boston MA 4/20 SueT48 - Boston Marathon, Boston MA 4/20 Barefoot Rick - Boston Marathon, Boston MA 4/20 mainerunnah - Boston Marathon, Boston MA
                      How about Aamos?
                      Aamos is 9971
                      wildchild

Carolyn

I'm getting excited for the Boston runners, too! Walt, glad your little cutie is home and doing so well! Loved the pictures. Smile Jlynne, congrats on getting your story published! Does that mean you'll get the job? Buehrle Rosie, glad your DS is running, and I hope it's not from the police! But in any case, running is running, whatever the motivation! Wink The good news on the weather front is that the snow storm moved eastward (sorry for those of you in it's path!), the sun came out, and it got up to 40° today. Our neighbor finally got our driveway plowed at about 11 pm last night. But I still couldn't run, as the plowed part was ankle deep slush, and running in Sorel snow boots isn't much fun. So DD and I took the dogs for a walk, including a couple hundred yards thorough untracked and unplowed snow - now that was a workout! It was over the dogs' heads, so they had to follow our footsteps as we post-holed along. Nice to be outside on such a nice day, but I want to run so bad! This is the fourth day in a row I haven't been able to run. Sad And I'm not even on the DL!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I'm 13942 and Harriet/PDR is 20969 Some pictures can be found at http://www.pbase.com/lking/boston2009

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

dg.

Thanks Karin, thanks Lou! What great pictures. I'm so excited for you all I can hardly stand it. I hope it's the perfect day for all of you. You know we will all be watching & tracking constantly.... floods of energy at your disposal just in case you need any. as TomWhite would say, ohboy ohboy.
                              ...well put dg//...........ohboyohboy.......... nice pics lou////.......name 'em when you get caught up........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

dg.

...well put dg//...........ohboyohboy.......... nice pics///
                                what timing! hi Tom!!! how are you? I miss you.