Masters Running

Wed 1-9 Meistersboomers runs and wo's (Read 678 times)

Another 8 easy ones this morning with T...8:16 pace,Boy how I enjoy being able to get up in the morning and run...Sure beats going out to the garage and having a smoke with my morning coffee... Happy Hump Day!!!
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
    seemomgo

Morning all! 4.5 miles this morning followed by stretches. ouch Vista! Gotta watch where you are going!
      SteveP

After reading Vista's post......Ouch!!....snickerIt only happens when there's witnesses. 8.00 miles today with seasonable temps!!!! We have a race called "The Frozen Foot". Can't have frozen feets if it ain't freezing out.

SteveP

#artbydmcbride

{{{Vista}}} Be careful, don't make us worry. I've decided my totem is the tortoise. Smile I ran at the track last night and it came to me in a flash...a very slow flash. Happy hump day, masterboomers!

Runners run

Ilene, is that link working in your sig? For me, it says 0% and I know that can't be right. 3 tempo (7:30 m/M) miles on the TM for me, together with WU and CD for a total of 5. Vista, get well soon.

jules2

Just under 8 miles in 68 minutes after work tonight didn't intend to go that far but bumped into a couple of friends. Still getting over cold but have done more miles in 2008 than the whole of December 2007 so things are looking up.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Tramps

Take it easy, Vista. Ouch. Rare afternoon run for me. Crazy January weather: 71F. I overheated a bit and walked up the big hills for a sluggish 6.1 miles @ 9:03 pace.

Be safe. Be kind.

GreenMan

Good afternoon folks Sunny low 50's here in SW Va and he corner of TN I biked 8 miles to the foot of Holston Mt. near Offset,Tn and did warmup .75 walk. Ran slowly to the top and and faster down the other side into Shady Valley. It was a forest service type road mostly. Coming back up to the top (the AT crosses here), I ate a snack and ran/walked, ran down to the bike and finished with a .75 cd walk, Total 14.5 miles run/walk @12:50 pace, then biked 8 home. Have a good one, JJJ
                  Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                    Vista, I suppose it is still better than falling down the stairs, where you might gain too much momentum and actually do a summersault, not that I'd know anything about that Embarrassed 8 miles, untimed. I think my running conditions today matched a lot of others: about 41F and windy windy. Did 2 mile warmup on the TM, then went outside for a 6 mile hilly loop. Then, trying to HTFU, I charged up all seven hills. It actually felt easier than last week, which was a nice surprise. That's my quality workout for the week. Good runs all!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Good job on the MLRs perchcreek and CNYrunner. That is what I had on the schedule today too. Fortunately, I could not go out in the morning and had to do the run in the afternoon. This morning it was raining. This afternoon? Simply gorgeous! Cool It must have been at least in the mid-50's and sunny! If it stayed like this all summer I would be in great shape come Boston! Alas, winter returns in the next few days. For today though . . . 14.14mi@8:27.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

wildchild

Carolyn

Sounds like everyone's having weird weather today. I ran at noon, and it was 36 degrees, overcast, and calm. Now, at 2 pm, it's 32 degrees and snowing hard. I ran a short 3.3 mile loop, as I had to get back to work for a conference call right after lunch. Good runs, all.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

1000 53f 6mi w/3x1300m avg 5:00, 2:00 rest last day of carb depletion, so i ran this workout on fumes. used the dark side of the force, got angry, put my head down, snarled, and finished the last eff-ing workout. my training is done. everything else is just a warm-up for sunday. pf chang: you've got a new marathon pr waiting for me, and i'm coming to take it baby. finished solarmix11, a short set of orchestral movie soundtracks that are inspiring to run with. posted a thread in that other running place if you're interested. go boomers go!
                            mcsolar, I like seeing a post with cojones. You go get that PR, you gangsta you. Ilene, I like your totem Big grin. You already know what mine is, 'cause of all the stuff I can fit into a back pack. last night 1 hour with the personal trainer, 3 mile 5K pace on the treadmill. Tonight running 4+ miles with the running club. It'll be nice to run outside again now that it's dried out. Tried to run on Monday night, but my favorite dirt path was strewn with debris and mudholes. Cashmason, where is your race report for OC Half Marathon?

#artbydmcbride

Ilene, is that link working in your sig? For me, it says 0% and I know that can't be right. ....
                              It is a new site they set up for me under the Ileneforward name. It should have had the same thermometer as the old one though. I am at 70%. Smile

Runners run

14 miles, 2:17, windy, hilly, colder towards the end.